Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stuart Pearce

2»

Comments

• He's very dim. This does not help when trying to manage a football club.

And how do you know he's "dim" ? What criteria do you use to gauge a persons "dimness" ?.

From suggestions that I know he made when he ran the U21's. One of the ideas that he came up with really did come from the extremely dim school of dimness. But if I told you what it was I would have to kill you.
  • Gone by Christmas.
  • NugNug
    edited April 2014
    Nug said:

Sacked!

Blimey I've wasted some hours years on here.
  • edited April 2014

He's very dim. This does not help when trying to manage a football club.

And how do you know he's "dim" ? What criteria do you use to gauge a persons "dimness" ?.

General use of language including reliance on cliches and inability to express any critical insights whether managing or commentating or in any other context.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours, even though I find it a tad pompous.
    That's gracious of you, but it wasn't my intention to offer you 'an opinion', just an explanation of why he could be perceived as dim, since you did ask. That's not to say Pearce is actually dim, or that improving this perception of him is beyond him. What i am saying is he doesn't come across well and i suggest that's for the reasons given.

From suggestions that I know he made when he ran the U21's. One of the ideas that he came up with really did come from the extremely dim school of dimness. But if I told you what it was I would have to kill you.
    Oh, OK, I don't want to be killed.

General use of language including reliance on cliches and inability to express any critical insights whether managing or commentating or in any other context.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours, even though I find it a tad pompous.
    That's gracious of you, but it wasn't my intention to offer you 'an opinion', just an explanation of why he could be perceived as dim, since you did ask. That's not to say Pearce is actually dim, or that improving this perception of him is beyond him. What i am saying is he doesn't come across well and i suggest that's for the reasons given.
    Fair enough, I prefer that explanation.

For me, irrespective of his mental capacity, I want him to do well for the following reasons.

1) He's English and we could do with more successful English managers.

2) for his passion filled reaction when scoring the penalty against Spain in Euro 96 (still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I watch it)

3) For his love of Punk.

• I wonder about Pearce's tactical and coaching acumen, you can only go so far with passion and energy
  • Swisdom said:

something Warnock said after rejecting the job made me think the owner is looking for a puppet. Pearce the Puppet

Couldn't exactly see a queue of clubs wanting to take him on so i'm not surprised he's gone there.
  • I like and rate the guy. Perhaps as he was my favourite England player after Euro '96, and that he was generally just 'ARD. He did exceptionally well with the under 21's before it went bandy at the end, just sounded like he was fed up with the prima-donna attitude of lazy young Englishmen. His experiences at Forest as caretaker and City when he was having to sell players will serve him well. As an Englishman, I hope he does well for them.
  • edited April 2014
    Yann897 said:

Hopefully gets them fired up on sat against the scum !

LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• If he succeeds then it'll be his first success as a manager surely. Or am I missing something? What else has he achieved?
  • Bizarre choice.
  • Can you imagine RD sacking Powell, then saying his replacement will be a Charlton legend (say Steve Brown) but he won't be taking over until June? A bizarre situation for a club which could still get promoted.
  • this is what he said to sky when they asked about his relationship with his owner

"I saw him (Al Hasawi) before the game and we had a little kiss and a cuddle, so that was fine."
  • Holding court on Sports News right now, Stuart Pearce is clearly looking for a pundit role now there's no doubts whatsoever about his ability as a manager. Sadly, his insight includes such gems as: "The trick is to get through over two legs," so perhaps he'll struggle to make this a regular thing.

Also, his hair is really silly.