Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, who should be next England manager and should he be English?

I thought Roy would do better. I was very surprised that he did not take Carroll as a different option and when you need to lob the ball in.

Also surprised we did not have a settled 1st team and style of play.

Comments

• Options

Anyone but Pardew!

Taken as read sir.
  • Options
    Has to be Pardew - that would just complete a dreadful few days. Things just keep getting ever more ridiculous.
  • Options
    Pardew England manager and Iain Dowie back as Palace manager
  • Options

Has to be Pardew - that would just complete a dreadful few days. Things just keep getting ever more ridiculous.

Could be worse, Pardew for PM?
  • Options
    If it's going to be someone English, it's going to be someone young and relatively unproven, Southgate, Howe, Monk, and they need to be given probably two cycles. Past that, you're looking at Allardycci, Pards, ummmmm, Martin O'Neil? Roberto Martinez, whose style isn't suited to international level and who has a mixed record at club level? There really aren't any decent options who are English.

Time to look abroad. Prandelli would be a good shout, looking at what he did with Italy in getting them to play decent football and get an overall feel good factor going.

Rafa would be good at international level, and could probably do a job share. That said, Spain are looking for a manager and even though I highly, highly doubt he's in the running he probably would only consider international management with them for now.

• Options
    Allardyce or Hoddle
  • Options
    Phil Parkinson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've never given a shit about England, everyone fails when appointed England manager, at least if Pardew got the job he would fail and I could give him dog's abuse all day long
  • Options
    allardyce, warnock or pullis - best at organising and getting the best of a bunch of second rate players - i honestly believe this is the worst crop of england players in my lifetime and we need to start cutting our cloth to suit
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I want it to be an Englishman .. but there is no-one suitable that springs to mind .. also, I do wonder if English players treat English bosses with a bit of disdain, contempt .. Capello and Erikkson didn't pull up many trees but neither did they manage a team that was a complete laughing stock

OK .. a foreigner .. Pochettino
  • Options
    Mike Bassett
  • Options
    Eddie Howe or Gary Neville . Just not Pardew please
  • Options
    Karl pilkington
  • Options
    We've tried British, we've tried foreign, and neither has worked, so they need to find someone who can get underachieving players to over achieve. I have no suggestions on who might fit the bill however.
  • Options
    Gareth Southgate is favourite with some bookies. The suits at the FA would probably appoint him as well
  • Options
    Howe for me. Wouldn't say no to Allardyce either.
  • Options
    Glen Hoddle?!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put one of the cleaners at the FA in charge. Makes no difference at the end of the day. It's the whole system and the players mental weakness that are the problem.
  • Options
    a ray wilkins / ian dowie dream tream??
  • Options
    No Appleton picture yet?
  • Options
    Definitely not English. Belgian lower leagues would be my vote. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Should be Adrian Durham
  • Options
    Alex Ferguson. He probably needs a break off the vino and it would be good to see the iPhone footage of him punching Kane in the face if he lists in a shift like that again.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Genuinely can't think of a suitable candidate which leaves an unproven candidate. Eddie Howe?

Or they could go for Harry Redknapp seeing as nothing seems to surprise anymore.

But if it's Pardew then I think I'll be giving international football a wide berth for a few years which won't be such a bad thing when it clashes with our league games next season
  • Options
    Hoddle.