Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meire cleans up Google again

Just keeping an eye on this following Squirrel Face's probably paid-for removal of negative stories from search engine results and it seems it's happened again. Only if you search specific terms - such as Meire + Varney - do less flattering stories appear, otherwise it's all back to her claims made at the Telegraph forum which was not the case a week ago. The video of the fan confronting her on the train, which post purge still featured on Page 1 on Google, presumably as it showed what the poor thing has had to suffer, has also been marginalised, possibly as she got some flak for leaving it there.

I have had an email from the club categorically stating that CAFC have not paid for this to be done, so either this reputation sweeting is costing Katrien a lot of money or Roland is paying for it.
«134

Comments

  • She can't delete searches from Twitter though. Just saying.
  • Thats terrible.

    She can't delete searches from Twitter though. Just saying.

    image
  • She will be a busy lady if she's doing this herself. The sort of thing a CEO should be doing...
  • I don't know whether to like or LOL it but well done
  • Just typed into Google Daisy's name and the first few results are all about her being abused and how she is the victim.....
  • cafc999 said:

    Just typed into Google Daisy's name and the first few results are all about her being abused and how she is the victim.....

    We must have some SEO types on here that can come up with a plan to get the "real" Katrien out there.
  • The most annoying part of this is that the club are probably paying for this 'cleansing' of Katrien Meire
  • Sponsored links:


  • stonemuse said:

    The most annoying part of this is that the club are probably paying for this 'cleansing' of Katrien Meire

    Isn't Katrien Meire employed by Staprix as a sub-contractor of management services to Charlton and not an actual Charlton employee at all? They can pay to keep their little princess's reputation intact.

    Staprix can't pay all the other directors in the Football league to forget what a useless article she is though can they?
  • CWadlan said:

    Pre-Season has begun and it's Katrien Meire Birthday Tomorrow! Here is a look at some of the lies she has told!

    Jacko's face says it all
  • stonemuse said:

    The most annoying part of this is that the club are probably paying for this 'cleansing' of Katrien Meire

    I had an email from the club as follows:-

    "Regards your email about search engines and Katrien Meire. ​We can confirm that Charlton Athletic have not paid for any such activity.​"

    No denial that it's happened (which would be pointless as we all know it has)
  • Would Charlton's insurance company though?

    I was looking at my own insurance documents the other day, and it will cover crisis communications and PR action when required. I presume Charlton will have pretty good cover.

    The other argument, is does that claim they have not paid -specifically- for that service? I'd argue that it suggests that they haven't, although we all know the service has been undertaken.

    In which case: if Charlton have engaged a specialist PR agency, an agency who happen to start their process with hiding negativity and dissent via Google (which seems like a decent approach), then you could argue that Charlton havent paid for it.. they got it for free as part of their agreement with the PR agency.

    How far would representatives for CAFC go though? Is cleaning her image, as the figurehead of the club and as a director, the same as cleaning the image of the club?

    It's seems a total waste of the "Right To Be Forgotten" legislation though, I hardly think it was specifically designed to benefit the like of her. Oh well.
  • I imagine Staprix have paid for it as KM seems to belong to them.
  • edited September 2016
    .
  • Has she cleaned up Youtube as well? I couldn't find the bit of video of the destuffing of the sofa. Anyone got a link? My Wimbledon mate would like to see it.
  • edited September 2016
    dizzee said:

    CWadlan said:

    Pre-Season has begun and it's Katrien Meire Birthday Tomorrow! Here is a look at some of the lies she has told!

    Jacko's face says it all
    Jacko actually looks like a naughty/sheepish school kid that's been brought up on stage at assembly.
  • LuckyReds said:

    Would Charlton's insurance company though?

    I was looking at my own insurance documents the other day, and it will cover crisis communications and PR action when required. I presume Charlton will have pretty good cover.

    The other argument, is does that claim they have not paid -specifically- for that service? I'd argue that it suggests that they haven't, although we all know the service has been undertaken.

    In which case: if Charlton have engaged a specialist PR agency, an agency who happen to start their process with hiding negativity and dissent via Google (which seems like a decent approach), then you could argue that Charlton havent paid for it.. they got it for free as part of their agreement with the PR agency.

    How far would representatives for CAFC go though? Is cleaning her image, as the figurehead of the club and as a director, the same as cleaning the image of the club?

    It's seems a total waste of the "Right To Be Forgotten" legislation though, I hardly think it was specifically designed to benefit the like of her. Oh well.

    Absolutely no chance that insurance would cover this type of operation!
  • edited September 2016
    If it is possible to clean up stuff on the internet, would it be possible to also remove the apparently positive stuff that Katrien leaves intact, the stuff that paints her as a victim for example?
  • Sponsored links:


  • They don't pay for. The pay a PR company who pays for it.
  • There are plenty of negative articles on a simple Google on her name. If she has paid for a clean up, she must have run out of money.
  • Bump for Katrien Meire

    Just looked at her Wiki page ... she really is a 'victim':

    In January 2015, Meire was confronted on a train about the appointment of manager Guy Luzon after Charlton lost 5–0 to Watford; Meire revealed that there were 20 applicants for the job, including former Charlton manager Alan Curbishley. She also asked fans to "accept how we run club".[11][12][13] In February 2016, a fake document claiming that Meire had left the club was published by the Companies House website, amid protests against Duchâtelet's ownership and running of the club. The document is believed to have been created by a Charlton supporter and protester.[14][3][15] In May 2016, Meire claimed she had received "extreme abuse" from Charlton fans, particularly after the club's relegation to League One for the 2016–17 season; some fans turned up to Meire's parents' house in Belgium, and she also suggested some supporters had committed criminal offences against her.[16][17] A few days beforehand, there had been protests aimed at Meire during Charlton's last match of the 2015–16 season.[18] In 2016, Meire was awarded the Laureaten VRG-Alumniprijs.[4]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katrien_Meire
  • 'Meire claimed she had received "extreme abuse" from Charlton fans, particularly after the club's relegation to League One for the 2016–17 season; some fans turned up to Meire's parents' house in Belgium, and she also suggested some supporters had committed criminal offences against her.['

    Ludicrous.

    Firstly sticking the fan's turning up at her parent's house in the same sentence as the rest of it makes the visit seem unfriendly of which it definitely was not. Secondly, suggesting criminal offences and then not going on to pursue them or even name them (especially as a Lawyer) isn't on.

    I think we need to target this lady, she does not have endless money nor does she have endless patience/will to live in this fashion.
  • 'Meire claimed she had received "extreme abuse" from Charlton fans, particularly after the club's relegation to League One for the 2016–17 season; some fans turned up to Meire's parents' house in Belgium, and she also suggested some supporters had committed criminal offences against her.['

    Ludicrous.

    Firstly sticking the fan's turning up at her parent's house in the same sentence as the rest of it makes the visit seem unfriendly of which it definitely was not. Secondly, suggesting criminal offences and then not going on to pursue them or even name them (especially as a Lawyer) isn't on.

    I think we need to target this lady, she does not have endless money nor does she have endless patience/will to live in this fashion.

    That's because she isn't really a properly qualified lawyer, given that she never finished her training contract.

    The fact she didn't stay at any practice for any significant time is telling. It suggests that Katy's trials at Charlton aren't her first unfavourable collision with reality
  • The thing is Daisy, your time at CAFC will be like a millstone around your neck for your entire future and football fans, let alone CAFC fans, will make sure any future employer of yours will know about your short comings.
  • stonemuse said:

    Bump for Katrien Meire

    Just looked at her Wiki page ... she really is a 'victim':

    In January 2015, Meire was confronted on a train about the appointment of manager Guy Luzon after Charlton lost 5–0 to Watford; Meire revealed that there were 20 applicants for the job, including former Charlton manager Alan Curbishley. She also asked fans to "accept how we run club".[11][12][13] In February 2016, a fake document claiming that Meire had left the club was published by the Companies House website, amid protests against Duchâtelet's ownership and running of the club. The document is believed to have been created by a Charlton supporter and protester.[14][3][15] In May 2016, Meire claimed she had received "extreme abuse" from Charlton fans, particularly after the club's relegation to League One for the 2016–17 season; some fans turned up to Meire's parents' house in Belgium, and she also suggested some supporters had committed criminal offences against her.[16][17] A few days beforehand, there had been protests aimed at Meire during Charlton's last match of the 2015–16 season.[18] In 2016, Meire was awarded the Laureaten VRG-Alumniprijs.[4]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katrien_Meire

    Great minds! ;)

    I was digging through the history of that page last night, trying to tie usernames and IP addresses to other articles in the hope of finding the PR agency responsible for her.

    I had to laugh at some of the vandalism though.
  • LuckyReds said:

    stonemuse said:

    Bump for Katrien Meire

    Just looked at her Wiki page ... she really is a 'victim':

    In January 2015, Meire was confronted on a train about the appointment of manager Guy Luzon after Charlton lost 5–0 to Watford; Meire revealed that there were 20 applicants for the job, including former Charlton manager Alan Curbishley. She also asked fans to "accept how we run club".[11][12][13] In February 2016, a fake document claiming that Meire had left the club was published by the Companies House website, amid protests against Duchâtelet's ownership and running of the club. The document is believed to have been created by a Charlton supporter and protester.[14][3][15] In May 2016, Meire claimed she had received "extreme abuse" from Charlton fans, particularly after the club's relegation to League One for the 2016–17 season; some fans turned up to Meire's parents' house in Belgium, and she also suggested some supporters had committed criminal offences against her.[16][17] A few days beforehand, there had been protests aimed at Meire during Charlton's last match of the 2015–16 season.[18] In 2016, Meire was awarded the Laureaten VRG-Alumniprijs.[4]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katrien_Meire

    Great minds! ;)

    I was digging through the history of that page last night, trying to tie usernames and IP addresses to other articles in the hope of finding the PR agency responsible for her.

    I had to laugh at some of the vandalism though.
    User:Materialscientist has just had a fiddle with the page. Nothing changed yet but looks quite easy to play with.
    Is there anything legally she can do to stop this or take action against those who do?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!