Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Confirmed : Charlton sign Ricky Holmes

Comments

• Options
    A signing of his calibre would be unlikely to have joined with one of the previous managers in charge. Even if he was picked out by the regime I'm sure Slade has had an influence on him coming here
  • Options
    Only problem for Me is that although I'm positive that we've brought in someone who seemingly has decent calibre , will these signings be any good next season?

Holmes hasn't plaid at that level, and ajose was terrible when he played for Leeds , Novak not very successful either...
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

-------------Pope
    Solly - Tex - Bauer - *New*
    ---------Kashi - Cousins
    Holmes --- Watt --- *New*
    --------------Ajoze

With Novak as a backup up top, Harriett and Fox/THD backup on left looks strong as fuck to me

Very strong yes however i'd be amazed if even 5-6 of the names you've listed are here in August.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

BBC saying Ajose deal is done

Fails the height test.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Only problem for Me is that although I'm positive that we've brought in someone who seemingly has decent calibre , will these signings be any good next season?

Holmes hasn't plaid at that level, and ajose was terrible when he played for Leeds , Novak not very successful either...

It's not definitive that were in the championship next season though. We're in league one now and Ajose is good at this level, that's what matters.

We need to do well in present before we get ahead of ourselves.
  • Options
    SE23 said:
    And produced by Roy Ayres.
  • Options
    mr.se7 said:

sammy391 said:

It's not definitive that were in the championship next season though. We're in league one now and Ajose is good at this level, that's what matters.

We need to do well in present before we get ahead of ourselves.
    No, I fully agree but I meant that surely with the fact that Roland is seemingly desperate to get back to the championship - surely he's going to want us to be able to hold our own once we get there?
  • Options
    Hope you do well for us Ricky.
  • Options

Seems similar to Danny Green in a way

I bet his house isn't as good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good signing. Welcome Sir.
  • Options
    Rickaaaay.
  • Options
    I'm assuming Wilder was still interested and wanted to take him to Sheff Utd so we must have offered a better deal for Holmes to choose us. That must be a positive surely.
  • Options
    Must be gutting to be a Northampton supporter. All the joy of promotion, followed weeks later by their manager and best players leaving
  • Options
    Looks to be a great signing. This is what we need; players who are hungry to prove themselves at a bigger club.
  • Options
    Liking the teams people are picking which include the likes of Bauer and Tex etc. Wait till the start of the season as it's likely to be Lennon and Johnson.

Welcome Ricky, you are either mad or stupid.
  • Options

Liking the teams people are picking which include the likes of Bauer and Tex etc. Wait till the start of the season as it's likely to be Lennon and Johnson.

Welcome Ricky, you are either mad or stupid.

I'd be happy enough if Lennon starts the first game of the season. Was doing well in League 1 on loan last season and didn't particularly let us down in the Championship. The lad has potential.
  • Options
    Hopefully this will prove to be a good signing. He has an impressive highlights reel, but so did Frank Moussa and Danny Green.

Hopefully Ajose and Novak will follow soon. The three of them are the sort of signing Powell made in this division, and seeing player like that joining might help convince a few others that we are a club worth joining.

Suspect Slade has played a big part in getting him (and hopefully the other two) to join, so well done Russell. The board seemingly showing early signs on their promise to shift approach as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Oh please... Would love Oztumer at the club... He's definitely the central creative type we need!!

Last year of his Contract and is refusing to sign another
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd go and get Alnwick back if Pope and/or Henderson are off
  • Options
    Just went on to the Peterborough Forum and they reckon he's set to join Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Not related to Charlton. But good to see that Beautyman has again been retained by them. Top player at welling.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Seems similar to Danny Green in a way

I bet his house isn't as good
    To be fair to him, Danny Green had a really nice house.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Hope you do well for us Ricky.

I'll do my best mate.
  • Options

Rickaaaay.

What do you want Bianca?
  • Options

Oh please... Would love Oztumer at the club... He's definitely the central creative type we need!!

Last year of his Contract and is refusing to sign another

Fair enough. How has he done for them? A few of their fans on Twitter didn't seem bothered, but that could be similar to some of our fans not being bothered about JBG.
  • Options
    Well Crystal Palace were monitoring him just last month...
  • Options
    Rob said:

I'm assuming Wilder was still interested and wanted to take him to Sheff Utd so we must have offered a better deal for Holmes to choose us. That must be a positive surely.

Not necessarily. If Sheffield utd were in for him too, then it could simply be that he didn't want to move that far north, seeing as he's from Essex and before Northampton, all his clubs were in the south.