Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD Statement: Slade Appointment

1235»

Comments

• Fumbluff said:

seth plum said:

I am going in a minute, sad really that I will probably be the only one. But one is better than none.

A bit more notice please. I can usually get there.
    I assumed you were being interviewed
    I could do a better job than some that have been there.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

@DOUCHER mate, if your titbits from the inner sanctum are from who I think it is, I wouldn't believe too much of what he says / spins.

If you are right on the 95% bit, then I'd be disappointed. Had hoped Charlton fans were a bit better than that.

but if the results are going well then by definition, what's the problem? 95% of fans do not need to be made to feel special by the owners - thats the reality.
    But that's the point results have NOT gone well since they took over they've been disastrous based on THEIR flawed system, THEIR ill qualified appointments and THEIR complete lack of understanding/ respect/ interest in the ethos of OUR club.

If results had gone well we'd not be in league one and would be pushing for promotion to the top flight or at least competing but we never were going to under their strategy.

Stringing together a few wins in league one is not progress or results.

We finished 9th in the championship and got to cup quarter finals before they interfered in the foundation tge previous mob had set before running out of money.

I am amazed people are duped by this appointment and see this as some form of conciliatory arbitrage or that anything good can be found out of their pollution of our club. The blokes a loon and has utter disdain for us as does the incompetent CEO and seemingly the chairman. Don't fall for it ffs.
    look, i'm not falling for anything - ive been told the quickest way to see the back of RD is if we get promoted - airman is saying the opposite - who knows??? do we think if this season is a massive success, rd will sack slade and reinstate some network manager / scouts and repeat the last 2 years or sell up or continue with the changed strategy???As i say, i don;'t think anybody really knows but i know what i have been told
    It's illogical and they're proven liars.

They made it quite clear they weren't going anyway when we were established in the championship before relegation was certain and there were credible rumours of takeover interest.

We are now being asked effectively to halt protests and stop trying to inconvenience and humiliate him and the regime herein and all pull together because someone apparently ITK reckons Duchatelet will get us promoted and then sell...what a load of bollocks.

He and his minions are a disease to this club and need gone asap. Fuck them.
    I just hope the protests are done in a way that doesn't affect the football next year - keep up the pressure, fine, but I think the disruption of games has to stop - nothing to do with not inconveniencing the regime - just hoping a good year might stave off the spiral of disaster I can forsee and facilitate a sale. Maybe the opposite is true - probably only RD actually knows the answer to that. CARD have said this could be a long drawn out war - if further failure is the aim to bring this to a close, that's a hell of a stance to take. For what its worth, I don't think we will go up and next year will be one of the worst for a long time - nearly as bad as playing at selhurst - but it ain't that bad, regardless of the lunatics we may have in charge.
  • seth plum said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

@DOUCHER mate, if your titbits from the inner sanctum are from who I think it is, I wouldn't believe too much of what he says / spins.

If you are right on the 95% bit, then I'd be disappointed. Had hoped Charlton fans were a bit better than that.

but if the results are going well then by definition, what's the problem? 95% of fans do not need to be made to feel special by the owners - thats the reality.
    But that's the point results have NOT gone well since they took over they've been disastrous based on THEIR flawed system, THEIR ill qualified appointments and THEIR complete lack of understanding/ respect/ interest in the ethos of OUR club.

If results had gone well we'd not be in league one and would be pushing for promotion to the top flight or at least competing but we never were going to under their strategy.

We finished 9th in the championship and got to cup quarter finals before they interfered in the foundation tge previous mob had set before running out of money.

I am amazed people are duped by this appointment and see this as some form of conciliatory arbitrage or that anything good can be found out of their pollution of our club. The blokes a loon and has utter disdain for us as does the incompetent CEO and seemingly the chairman. Don't fall for it ffs.
    look, i'm not falling for anything - ive been told the quickest way to see the back of RD is if we get promoted - airman is saying the opposite - who knows??? do we think if this season is a massive success, rd will sack slade and reinstate some network manager / scouts and repeat the last 2 years or sell up or continue with the changed strategy???As i say, i don;'t think anybody really knows but i know what i have been told

They made it quite clear they weren't going anyway when we were established in the championship before relegation was certain and there were credible rumours of takeover interest.

We are now being asked effectively to halt protests and stop trying to inconvenience and humiliate him and the regime herein and all pull together because someone apparently ITK reckons Duchatelet will get us promoted and then sell...what a load of bollocks.

I just hope the protests are done in a way that doesn't affect the football next year - keep up the pressure, fine, but I think the disruption of games has to stop - nothing to do with not inconveniencing the regime - just hoping a good year might stave off the spiral of disaster I can forsee and facilitate a sale. Maybe the opposite is true - probably only RD actually knows the answer to that. CARD have said this could be a long drawn out war - if further failure is the aim to bring this to a close, that's a hell of a stance to take. For what its worth, I don't think we will go up and next year will be one of the worst for a long time - nearly as bad as playing at selhurst - but it ain't that bad, regardless of the lunatics we may have in charge.

As far as I can tell the disruption of games is both effective as protest, and it does not cause the team to fail.
    I know for a certain fact that the football authorities were all over Charlton prior to the Burnley game worried about what disruption might ensue. I also know that over 300 stewards security were used that day. Thats probably about £25,000 in costs to the club for that one game, or about half the annual wage of the chief scout.
    I also know that Roland, alongside his nutty visions, likes to save costs in every area of the club that he can.
    If the club is so expensive and unwieldy to run it might move Roland towards selling up.
    It's also worth pointing out that those sorts of expenses in League One will have more of an impact as the income is far lower overall. This is one reason to press ahead in the same fashion. Roland isn't likely to want to keep hold of an investment which is essentially a bottomless money pit.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

You can't make the club unmanageable by not doing these things! We have to remove the cancer before we can move forwards.
  • WSSWSS
    edited June 2016
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Didn't we win a couple of games where the disruption happened? So...
  • Yes, I think the protests put the opposition off more than us on the whole. The exception to this was Brighton, when we were already down anyway. I think the protests contributed to their opener! But it didn't matter!
  • WSS said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good theory.
  • WSS said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Yes we did. The protests didn't adversley affect the football the incompetent mismanagement from top to bottom did.
  • WSS said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Yes we did. The protests didn't adversley affect the football the incompetent mismanagement from top to bottom did.
  • Sponsored links:

• I worry that a few wins - and surely in League 1 we have to win sometimes, even if Meire continues to sign who she thinks works - allied to reduced attendances will mean the protests die out and become little more than a few hundred angry people in a largely empty ground. We all know football fans are fickle (even Charlton fans!) and I wonder what things will be like if come the New Year we are in the top third of the table.

Success this season will not cure the disease at the heart of the club. But it might cover it up and make the lives of Meire/Murray etc far more tolerable, and make a lot of those on the fringes of the protests decide that perhaps things aren't so bad after all.
  • i hope Russell is his own man , only time will tell . must be very difficult when they pay his wages ( or is that we pay his wages )
  • Success will only be achieved when we are back in the Championship and RD is gone. Until then nothing else matters.