Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD Statement: Slade Appointment

Comments

• I don't see any significant change when the most incompetent CEO imaginable who has shown herself to be a serial disrespecter of fans stays in the job. He insults us by this act in itself! If he was capable of rational thought, she would be long gone!

The only reason for keeping her from what I can see is to remind us that it is his club and he can do what he wants with it!

She is his eyes and ears over here - thats why she is still in place but don't think she makes any real decisions - i predict her fading into the background
  • There have been a number of different types and level of protest some which more can support than others.

I remember getting quite hot under the collar about the first in game protest. The banners in the covered end at a set minute in the game. I felt it detracted from the support the crowd was giving to the team.

As we got deeper and deeper in the mire, I got quite happy about disrupting games including the whistle protest which was the most disruptive to actual play (beach balls, stress balls and even smoke bombs not really affecting play just causing delays).

We did seem to play better when there were vocal protests as at least the Valley wasn't totally silent. Stand up if you want them out and Liar, Liar will live long in the mind.

The protests against Duchatelet and Meire must continue I think.

Inevitably given the number of non-season ticket renewals, less will be in the ground during the game and for me, that's generally no bad thing.

• @DOUCHER mate, if your titbits from the inner sanctum are from who I think it is, I wouldn't believe too much of what he says / spins.

If you are right on the 95% bit, then I'd be disappointed. Had hoped Charlton fans were a bit better than that.
  • If it is 95% about results - what will change - because with this shower in charge we know we won't get the results!
  • RD has one aim and that is to prove his player farming will break even. KM is his human shield and in place to placate supporters and media, a task she has clearly failed at. RD will not change his objective but has realised that, for him to achieve this he has to overcome some of the ridicule the club is now held in. Appointing British management to the more visible footballing side is an attempt to overcome the perception of the club to buy him time. It is not a change in direction, merely a change in PR tactics to achieve his single objective.
  • @DOUCHER mate, if your titbits from the inner sanctum are from who I think it is, I wouldn't believe too much of what he says / spins.

If you are right on the 95% bit, then I'd be disappointed. Had hoped Charlton fans were a bit better than that.

but if the results are going well then by definition, what's the problem? 95% of fans do not need to be made to feel special by the owners - thats the reality.
  • I don't think it's about results and I don't think I'm in a 5% minority.

Katrien must go and go soon. She is a faeces Midas.

If Duchatelet won't sell now, we need to keep pressure on him till he will.

Nonetheless, I want us to be promoted this year.
  • DOUCHER said:

i understand what you are saying but the truth is, for 95% it is about results. the whole point of the protests for me was to bring about change as it had become so apparant that change was needed. For others i believe it has become personal. Either way, the word is he will not sell until we are up - and that is coming from 'the inner sanctum' - whether that is a 'trick' to get fans to stop protesting who knows but i look at it logically as the word is also that the interested buyers were only interested in a championship club. Who knows the truth but my judgement is that the protests should cease until it becomes apparant that nothing hasreally changed.

For 95% it is about results - rubbish mate.

Change - appointing an English manager isn't change, it's normal

He won't sell until we are up - then why let us get relegated in the first place?

Buyers only interested in a Championship club - I thought that had already been laid to rest, not true from what I know.

Protests should cease - not a chance mate, not a chance
    ok - u watch next year then - if we are

And yes, you are right @DOUCHER, it has become personal.

I hate these people being able to do what they like with something that means so much to so many people. It's not a fast car, or an expensive toy, it's something that represents thousands of people's hopes and dreams.

Being custodian of a football club, something that plays such an important part in a community and peoples lives, I can't think of anything more precious and an honour to have the responsibility of guiding.

To see it treated like shit by incompetents who hate Charlton fans infuriates me so much it has virtually destroyed / soured any form of enjoyment I get from it.

They have no interest in what it means to anyone else, they would have done the decent thing by now if so. They are only interested in themselves.

So yes, it is personal to me and why I can't just flip flop my emotions on the flip of a hat. Perhaps I'm in the minority though

but you were saying the same when the spivs were in charge - most football clubs are not run on the open door basis we had during the back to the valley / curbs/ murray/ varney years - we were spolit - we had something special there. Of course she is completely out of touch and they have failed to harness all the good people that helped the club but the reality is, the person paying the bills can run it how they like and its true that most fans will only be interested by results on the pitch and is why the protests will fail if we start doing well.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think the protests will fail, they may change, but they will not stop.
  • And yes, you are right @DOUCHER, it has become personal.

I hate these people being able to do what they like with something that means so much to so many people. It's not a fast car, or an expensive toy, it's something that represents thousands of people's hopes and dreams.

Being custodian of a football club, something that plays such an important part in a community and peoples lives, I can't think of anything more precious and an honour to have the responsibility of guiding.

To see it treated like shit by incompetents who hate Charlton fans infuriates me so much it has virtually destroyed / soured any form of enjoyment I get from it.

They have no interest in what it means to anyone else, they would have done the decent thing by now if so. They are only interested in themselves.

So yes, it is personal to me and why I can't just flip flop my emotions on the flip of a hat. Perhaps I'm in the minority though

Unfortunately some people have very short memories & / or are easily pleased, not sure about them being the majority though, lets hope not.
  • DOUCHER said:

i understand what you are saying but the truth is, for 95% it is about results. the whole point of the protests for me was to bring about change as it had become so apparant that change was needed. For others i believe it has become personal. Either way, the word is he will not sell until we are up - and that is coming from 'the inner sanctum' - whether that is a 'trick' to get fans to stop protesting who knows but i look at it logically as the word is also that the interested buyers were only interested in a championship club. Who knows the truth but my judgement is that the protests should cease until it becomes apparant that nothing hasreally changed.

He won't sell until we are up - then why let us get relegated in the first place?

Buyers only interested in a Championship club - I thought that had already been laid to rest, not true from what I know.

ok - do you think he wanted us relegated? no - but now we are he seems to be doing things in order to try and get us back up - probably so he can sell - so i am supporting that - none of us really know do we but i'm happy to go into next season looking to support - its what i go there for - and i'm not having the belgiums dictating otherwise and keeping me away. i haven't renewed yet but these changes are sufficient for now for me to do so.
  • I don't think the protests will fail, they may change, but they will not stop.

I'm quite looking forward to the release of the Belgian league fixtures !

For me, nothing changes - these people are bullies who want to steamroller over anybody who wants to get in their way.

I hate bullies with a passion.
  • How are we going to protest if we are not going to the games next season? So who is buying tickets or season tickets?
  • agreed - but where are these right owners when the club is actually up for sale?
  • How is the protesting gonna work if no one is buying season tickets?
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

ok - do you think he wanted us relegated? no - but now we are he seems to be doing things in order to try and get us back up - probably so he can sell - so i am supporting that - none of us really know do we but i'm happy to go into next season looking to support - its what i go there for - and i'm not having the belgiums dictating otherwise and keeping me away. i haven't renewed yet but these changes are sufficient for now for me to do so.
    Changes....plural? What have I missed beyond appointing a new manager? "these changes are enough (to purchase a season ticket)" !!!!

Some people are easy to please IMO
  • new english head scout - doubt they would appoint him if they weren't looking to use him - opposed to using network scouts and ignoring phil chapple. expect further changes to follow. RD was advised that he had to change strategy or sell up so entire football management set up is being overhauled.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well let's hope so. We will see what happens over the next month or so.
  • Slade "I was attracted to Charlton as it has has great facilities, passionate fans and a very successful academy.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-new-manager-russell-slade-3135667.aspx#oe2tM6zteZgwpG3K.99

Didn't the regime trot this out almost word for word back in 2014 ?

At least he did not trot out ambitious!

Slade is a sound appointment........with any other division three club.
  • It'll take a lot more than a couple of lower league journeymen as manager and head scout to turn this Belgian ship around. Don't get me wrong it's an improvement on Peters, Luzon and Fraeye but theres so much more wrong with what's going on at the club. Getting a CEO who knew the first thing about running a football club would be a start, but that will never happen while RD is in charge, he is blindly loyal to her for whatever reason.
  • If Katrien were to leave with a new CEO being appointed who had a suitable amount of relevant experience, that would help.

If we also started the season with a team that looked very strong for league 1, I would think again about buying season tickets.

That would be the starting point for me reconsidering though.
  • Slade "I was attracted to Charlton as it has has great facilities, passionate fans and a very successful academy.

blockquote>

Nothing about an enthusiastic club owner and great managerial support. He knows what he's coming to. Only here for the money like the rest of us on a salary. He'll be lucky to start the seaon once he really finds out what the regime is about.

Good luck Slade.

Great to hear CARD is still leading the charge against the sickness in our club. Roland Out.

• edited June 2016

DOUCHER said:

@DOUCHER mate, if your titbits from the inner sanctum are from who I think it is, I wouldn't believe too much of what he says / spins.

but if the results are going well then by definition, what's the problem? 95% of fans do not need to be made to feel special by the owners - thats the reality.
    The problem is that we're in League One and we won't be getting promotion any time soon because Slade isn't a genius and the chief executive is an idiot, at least as far as running a football club is concerned. There's no future in it and my belief - based on informed contacts - is that Duchatelet will cut his losses by selling up once that becomes apparent, just as I was told he would give it a go to get back first time.

The senior management team of the club is a joke - plenty of people on the staff, in the directors box and within the hierarchy of the community trust know that very well - and Meire is the reason. Appointing Slade may help, but there is way too much wrong down there and it starts at the top. She is a massive liability.
    It is incredible beyond belief that she still has that job. I find it genuinely insulting! Even if he really is crazy enough to think she is doing a great job despite all the evidence to the contrary. There surely is a case to be made for not fueling the fire. The fact that he ignores that case when it weakens his position further shows what a poor business man he is when it comes to football. It is completely different to electronic switches! How can such an idiot make the decisions needed to get us up? I would say the only way he can do with all his limitations is by cheating and significantly outspending our rivals, which would be a major surprise in itself if it happened. We know enough to expect good management not to be a factor!