Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Options
    Oh for goodness sake.

Negotiation strategy, put a few bids in, make out you don't need to buy the players but they are a nice to have and you'll commit funds now to get a good deal, but them.

Tell the buying clubs you don't need to sell, got full backing from the owner to keep the current guys and the new guys but if they are interested, a decent price will do it.

Accept you may not be convincing and may end up first time out with 6 months wages and a very good squad but then don't get dicked over every transfer window again.

• Options

he may not be good enough but his partner is image

Would like to see this prospect in a sports bra and goalkeepers gloves before making any.rash offers.
  • Options

fills the criteria!
  • Options

he may not be good enough but his partner is image

She'd never manage a full season, especially if she plays barefoot like that....
  • Options

fills the criteria!

Good keeper. Commands her area well. Good on the ball. A bit of the absolute bat shit crazies too. Unfortunately her WAG is a bit of a wrong-un

http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/18/hope-solo-husband-wanted-man-bench-warrant-issued/

Sorry to link to the sleaziest of the sleazy TMZ. Here's the article:

Hope Solo's husband is in a world of trouble -- his probation has been revoked and a warrant has been issued for his arrest stemming from his '15 DUI arrest ... according to court docs obtained by TMZ Sports.
    We broke the story ... ex-Seattle Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens was arrested in Manhattan Beach, CA last year when cops say he was drunkenly driving the Team USA soccer van with Hope on board.
    At the time, sources told us both Hope and Jerramy were extremely difficult during the arrest -- and tried to play the "don't you know who we are?" card. It didn't work.
    Stevens -- who had a prior DUI conviction -- was sentenced to 4 years probation and was ordered into an alcohol treatment program.
    But according to court records, obtained by TMZ Sports, Stevens failed to appear at the clerk's office for a progress report hearing to show he's been attending the program ... so the judge revoked his probation and issued a warrant in the amount of $30k.
    Now, Stevens' fate is in the hands of the judge -- who could order the ex-NFL player to serve jail time, unless Stevens has a real good excuse.
    We reached out to Stevens' camp for comment -- so far, no word back.
    update_graphic_red_bar6:43 AM PT -- We spoke with Steven's attorney Craig Renetzky who insists the whole thing is a "communication glitch" between the court and the alcohol program.
    "[Stevens] is doing everything he’s supposed to be doing but the alcohol program didn’t get the court [the official progress report]."
    The attorney says he plans to personally go to the court today to straighten things out -- and is adamant he will prove Stevens did not violate the terms of his probation
  • Options
    Starting to get pissed off with there being no news on players. They have had all summer to prepare and the end of last season and nothing other than the 3 at the start. Surely they knew that all these players were gonna go. Really think Slade might be like I really can't be bothered with this joke of a club and walk. What has our head of recruitment been doing all summer. Sweet fa by the looks of it
  • Options

Starting to get pissed off with there being no news on players. They have had all summer to prepare and the end of last season and nothing other than the 3 at the start. Surely they knew that all these players were gonna go. Really think Slade might be like I really can't be bothered with this joke of a club and walk. What has our head of recruitment been doing all summer. Sweet fa by the looks of it

I disagree mate, our head of recruitment has probably drawn up lists of 5-6 realistic targets for each position. He has probably given the list to katrien who has responded with "alcocorn have a spare 5th choice left back, can he play right wing? Bergdich did last year"
  • Options
    Now firmly in the no-one is coming in camp.

Slade has been royally screwed.

I dread to think what the atmosphere in the away end will be like if we loose on Saturday.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016

Oh for goodness sake.

Negotiation strategy, put a few bids in, make out you don't need to buy the players but they are a nice to have and you'll commit funds now to get a good deal, but them.

Tell the buying clubs you don't need to sell, got full backing from the owner to keep the current guys and the new guys but if they are interested, a decent price will do it.

Accept you may not be convincing and may end up first time out with 6 months wages and a very good squad but then don't get dicked over every transfer window again.

You're hired ! @Alwaysneil Katrien Meire, clear your desk ! RD
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I dread to think what the atmosphere in the away end will be like if we loose on Saturday.

I am with you Clem, they have given us the English manger we were all asking for and a few English players as well. The high earners have been sold or loaned out and the spots have been filled with youngsters.

KM did say last year the club aims to be stepping stone for the Premiership stars for the future so I reckon we all need to get used to the kids playing
  • Options
    Slade must now realise he's been had over. I firmly believe he'll jack it in by the end of the month
  • Options
    a bad start and Slade will be sacked with a told you so to us for wanting a British manager
  • Options
    What I find insulting is that Meire and Duchatelet seem to regard all CAFC fans as being of very low intelligence - hence the reason we are fed one lie after another.

Occasionally, it is the same lie dressed up slightly differently, but they don't have the decency to introduce some subtlety to their lies.

I suspect that Slades comments after the last couple of friendlies, regarding the urgent need for additional signings, has aggravated both Meire and Duchatelet, and the absence of any incoming transfers is their way of putting Slade in his place.

One half of me wants to see Slade walk away and going public on the appalling way these two Belgians are running and ruining our once great football club.

Trouble is, the other half of me recognises that this probably is what they are angling for, so they can install a Karel Fraeye clone in his place.

• Options

What I find insulting is that Meire and Duchatelet seem to regard all CAFC fans as being of very low intelligence - hence the reason we are fed one lie after another.

Occasionally, it is the same lie dressed up slightly differently, but they don't have the decency to introduce some subtlety to their lies.

I suspect that Slades comments after the last couple of friendlies, regarding the urgent need for additional signings, has aggravated both Meire and Duchatelet, and the absence of any incoming transfers is their way of putting Slade in his place.

One half of me wants to see Slade walk away and going public on the appalling way these two Belgians are running and ruining our once great football club.

Trouble is, the other half of me recognises that this probably is what they are angling for, so they can install a Karel Fraeye clone in his place.

This
  • Options

I am with you Clem, they have given us the English manger we were all asking for and a few English players as well. The high earners have been sold or loaned out and the spots have been filled with youngsters.

KM did say last year the club aims to be stepping stone for the Premiership stars for the future so I reckon we all need to get used to the kids playing
    In League 2 !
  • Options
    Rudd is in, season long loan
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Today's the day, I'm certain today is the day we'll finally sign a goal keeper !

I knew it !
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

STOP THE MOTHERFUCKING PRESSES!

WE ARE NO LONGER RUDD-ERLESS

Good signing, lets hope we sign a few more to go with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Declan Rudd has signed!!
  • Options
    Splodge said:

Declan Rudd has signed!!

WHO?
  • Options
    Oops sorry just seen there's already a thread for this
  • Options

sam3110 said:

I still don't get why Dmitrovic was loaned to one of Roland's other clubs.

He's been "sold" now, we extended his contract by a year when he came break from alcorcon, and then joined them a month or so later
    Dodgy way of moving money around within his empire to offset profits I would guess
    Ah, that's it. Amazed how the Football League haven't looked into this.

a bad start and Slade will be sacked with a told you so to us for wanting a British manager

One British manager 'fails'and they'll never hire one again. Several foreign, inexperienced managers fail but they keep appointing them. Katrien Meire logic.
  • Options
    Permanent, long-term signing is it? No?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Said it before, will say again. Incomings have been very, very good

The strategy is what is humiliating to the honour of this club. There will not be another keeper bought in now after this transfer, of that you can be sure. Look what's left if/when Rudd gets injured. Complete pisstake, way beyond a joke now what has been done to this squad. The fact they think the playing staff will be sufficient is insulting to the fan (customer).
  • Options
    So, one more in likely and one more to leave. I wonder in what order they will do that in ?