Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

C bomb Live.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Whoops wrong thread...
  • Options
    Ffnt
  • Options
    Cont or Cant

; )
  • Options
    I know language changes over time, I believe it was Chaucer where I first saw the word written down in my early teens, much to our immature amusement.

Having just tried to find out which Tale of Chaucer's it was, I came across this:

As clerkes ben ful subtile and ful queynte,
    And prively he caughte hire by the queynte,
    And seyde, “Ywis, but if ich have my wille,
    For deerne love of thee, lemman, I spille.” (MT I (A) 3275-3278)

(As clerks are very ingenious and clever, and discreetly he caught her by the pleasing thing and said, “Indeed, unless I have my will, I will spill (die) for secret love of you, my dear.”)

In the Miller's tale in our translation it said he caught her by the cunt, probably my first exposure to the word then in 1988.

Later I came to understand it was a taboo word and not long after I heard Derek and Clive. At 17, I thought this was very amusing and poked fun at the establishment nonsense.

I later at aged 31, having still not really got to grips with the offensiveness that many view the word, told a potential boss, while drunk and while having been running through Derek and Clive that I thought he was a cunt. Thinking myself even more amusing I pointed to his Gant top and said 'Look it even says it on your top, cunt.'

The job offer was withdrawn and relationships became frosty. Apologies to Hugh Osmond.

Since then, the word has become much more frequently used as a swear word and is pretty common now amongst an increased proportion of society.

However, despite this, casual users, including myself should remember that for many people it remains an exceptionally sexist and mysogenistic epithet.

Having thought about it, I will be restricting my use of the word to very limited instances going forwards.

• Options

The poor lad is simply reflecting the times. This word was completely taboo a decade ago, the ultimate swear word. Now just like f*ck, it seems to be going mainstream. It was very rarely, if ever, used on this forum, but now seems to pop up in 30% of threads, particularly those involving Roland & Katrien. Now I'm no prude and loved Derek & Clive as much as any lad of my era, however certain words were out of bounds when in the company of children or women. We now seem to have entered an age where standards have dropped to the point where anything goes and all barriers are being torn down. I know some on here will think that's great, but I think the world is a better place when we live according to certain standards.

I was thinking it was just me that had noticed the increasing use of it on here. We're all angry and wound up with what's going on at the club but it's all a bit unnecessary imo and it ends up totally losing its impact through over use.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

[...]

In the Miller's tale in our translation it said he caught her by the cunt, probably my first exposure to the word then in 1988.

[...]

"caught her by the cunt"? Sounds painful.
  • Options

I know language changes over time, I believe it was Chaucer where I first saw the word written down in my early teens, much to our immature amusement.

Having just tried to find out which Tale of Chaucer's it was, I came across this:

As clerkes ben ful subtile and ful queynte,
    And prively he caughte hire by the queynte,
    And seyde, “Ywis, but if ich have my wille,
    For deerne love of thee, lemman, I spille.” (MT I (A) 3275-3278)

(As clerks are very ingenious and clever, and discreetly he caught her by the pleasing thing and said, “Indeed, unless I have my will, I will spill (die) for secret love of you, my dear.”)

Later I came to understand it was a taboo word and not long after I heard Derek and Clive. At 17, I thought this was very amusing and poked fun at the establishment nonsense.

I later at aged 31, having still not really got to grips with the offensiveness that many view the word, told a potential boss, while drunk and while having been running through Derek and Clive that I thought he was a cunt. Thinking myself even more amusing I pointed to his Gant top and said 'Look it even says it on your top, cunt.'

The job offer was withdrawn and relationships became frosty. Apologies to Hugh Osmond.

Since then, the word has become much more frequently used as a swear word and is pretty common now amongst an increased proportion of society.

However, despite this, casual users, including myself should remember that for many people it remains an exceptionally sexist and mysogenistic epithet.

Having thought about it, I will be restricting my use of the word to very limited instances going forwards.

I know he wrote some decent books but the grammar police would have had a field day with him on here, terrible spelling.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Go on Harvey! Not work safe by the way, and apologies for anyone offended!

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Go on Harvey!

Good lad, couldn't be more on the button an all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Within 3 pages we have gone from talking about the word "cunt" being used on Loose Women to the tales of Chaucer.

Only on Charlton Life!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    This isn't funny because a disabled child has been exploited. It's funny because the producers and presenters of the show were asking for trouble, and that's what they got.

The lad has not been exploited at all. If anything, he's being celebrated for showing up what many think is a god-awful TV programme.
  • Options
    Notifications overload.