Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will we stay up next season?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I think we could easily leave that division in either direction. We could go up or we could go down. It will all depend on the owner's ambition and the chief exec's skill in recruiting the right manager and squad.

Oh dear.
  • Options
    It's too early to say but, as matters presently stand, I suspect that we'll finish mid to lower table. We can't, however, underestimate the impact of losing (at least) our two or three best players, the perception of Charlton as a big 'scalp' in League 1 and the generally parlous state of CAFC at present.

Unless the tide turns, I can see us being in relegation trouble in 2017/18, rather like our demise in the Championship in 2008/09.
  • Options

I think we may struggle.

The squad at the moment is good enough to compete in League One. But we should expect Gudmundsson and Ghoochannejhad to leave. Lookman as well probably. Tucudean won't want to play even if he does come back. Johnson, Diarra and Jackson are either worn out or too good for League One. Henderson and Vetokele prone to loss of form too much. If Pope goes to Celtic that leaves us with:

No goalkeeper

Defence based around Teixeira, Motta (will he stay?), Bergdich, Solly, Bauer, Sarr, Lennon, Fox, Holmes-Dennis

Midfield based on Kashi, Ceballos, Ba, Cousins, Harriott

Up Front Ahearne-Grant and.........?

Some of these are out of contract in June too.

So - prepare for the worst. If we avoid it, it's a bonus.

What about Watt
    Even if he came back he would play half a dozen games and then fall out with everyone all over again.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I think we could easily leave that division in either direction. We could go up or we could go down.

Or we could stay where we are.