Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will we stay up next season?

Our journey downwards continues and with KM at the helm our destination of L2 must be a strong possibility. If as expected we end up with a crap coach, poor squad and an over reliance on youth players then we could reach the promised land.
Would probably be seen as the fault of the fans..

Comments

• Options

Yeah we'll stay up. There are some dreadful teams in League 1, actually going down another level is hard to do - hats off to Blackpool, but we're not actually in freefall like them.

How many points were we relegated by again ?
  • Options
    I would be astonished if we are in a relegation battle.

It's a lot more difficult to get promoted than either RD or KM think but I think we will have enough about us to be at least thinking about a play off place until quite late on.
  • Options

It's a lot more difficult to get promoted than either RD or KM think but I think we will have enough about us to be at least thinking about a play off place until quite late on.

We have no way of telling.

Trouble is, Shooters ..... none of us, including the club, has any idea of how the squad will be put together.

• Options
    If the club is still going then yes, we will stay up.
  • Options
    nah we are DOOMED! DOOMED I SAY!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Surely depends on what manager we get and if we get new players in, the way it's going it doesn't look good.

Honestly who would want to work for this lot other than useless numpties or people from the network oops sorry same thing.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

We have no way of telling.

Trouble is, Shooters ..... none of us, including the club, has any idea of how the squad will be put together.

Ain't that the truth.

What I will say is that I do believe that "they" do have the intention of having a go. Whether or not they underestimate the task yet again though is the issue.

I am slightly comforted that it would appear that someone (LL?) is advising on players otherwise names like Moncur would not be popping up. He is the sort of player we need to be looking at.

• Options
    I think it could easily happen. They have underestimated every year and show no ability to learn from their mistakes. Teams will see us as a big game and be fired up for it. We have no manager. We will probably lose a lot of our better players and replace them with Academy kids thrown in too fast or chuff from continental lower leagues.
    I would be amazed if we are in play off positions beyond August. Of the relegated teams (2 of whom could go still go back up from last year) I think only MK have any chance of going back up. Both us and Bolton will be bottom half and relying on other teams being even worse. For those who think we can't do a Blackpool, look who finished one place below them and beat us 2-1 to end a very long losing streak.

Roland Out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe we will go down next season unless a new owner gets a go at either the summer or winter transfer window to start fixing the damage they have done to our club.
  • Options
    Same regime, same manager and player recruitment policy and I really do worry for us next season
  • Options
    I agree GGA - we need to get rid of the current owners - their business model is a failing one. In the past I've always believed the fortunes of a football club depends on players on the pitch, but as a Charlton supporter I've learnt to see the devastating effect that bad owners can have on a club.
  • Options
    Just can't tell at the moment as we don't even know who is going to be left in the squad or who is coming in.

Give it six weeks then we can start to panic and flap.
  • Options
    think the fact they went in straight in for Wilder shows some evidence that at least they are trying to put a squad in place with plenty of time to get prepared properly. The issue is that a lot of the sides in this league will have the majority of the squad already in place.

The longer we leave it the more the chance we will struggle badly especially at the start. Saying that the likes of Northampton, Port Vale, Fleetwood, bury ,Oldham and Chesterfield will have half the budget that we have so I would expect the extra class in the squad to show at some point (assuming the budget isn't blown on untried injury prone foreign players)
  • Options

Yeah we'll stay up. There are some dreadful teams in League 1, actually going down another level is hard to do - hats off to Blackpool, but we're not actually in freefall like them.

We're not in freefall - a huge claim.
  • Options
    Definitely depends on the squad and manager.
  • Options
    Crucial stage in the history of the club.
  • Options
    As it stands, I don't see us staying up. Genuinely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have nothing to input this early on (season's not even finished yet) other than I can't believe I've read "No signings have been made" as one of a number of reasons for why we might get relegated again.

It's the 17th May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Player recruitment must be difficult at this time of year as clubs are still in the playoffs and won't know what league they will be in. Most clubs haven't announced their released players yet. Players are also on Holiday.

I think this question can be answered accurately once pre season starts.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

think the fact they went in straight in for Wilder shows some evidence that at least they are trying to put a squad in place with plenty of time to get prepared properly.

I'm not convinced that the Wilder thing wasn't another example of the same sort of thing this regime has done since day one, ie link themselves with a name that would be a great fit and show ambition and competence but then have that deal, which they had no intention of ever finalising, fall through so that we will accept a lesser option and think "Oh well, at least they tried".

• Options

Player recruitment must be difficult at this time of year as clubs are still in the playoffs and won't know what league they will be in. Most clubs haven't announced their released players yet. Players are also on Holiday.

I think this question can be answered accurately once pre season starts.

player recruitment starts In January/February. We are well behind the game.
  • Options

Our owners have the same care for the football side of owning our Club, so don't count your lucky chickens just yet. We aren't done falling yet, especially considering we are in a battle with our owners, if he fights fire with fire we drop lower.
  • Options
    Yes, unspectacularly.
  • Options
    Roland doesn't do failure, but he is an expert at underestimation.

League 2 here we come!!