Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Douche Bag Asset Strip scenario

2»

Comments

• Rob62 said:

Has he actually got out of Liege though?

The locals in Belgium believe he still has his fingers in the pie at Liege. there's some talk of Liege owing him a significant amount of money which they are slowly repaying. There's also some talk about influence/corruption re the land deals done with St Truiden local Council to build the new complex /apartments (4 buildings in total) around the STVV ground.
    They don't call him Snake/Thief/Thug for nothing- the local people of ST hate him.
  • Stripping out assets (meaning extracting cash) makes little sense if you have to put the cash back in the to cover losses. But it makes some sense for him to stem the amount of cash Staprix is bleeding by using player sales to cover operating losses rather than re-invest in the squad.

So we should have an idea pretty soon how much of the player sales revenue is going back into a squad to challenge for promotion and how much will be used to stem the cash required from Staprix. We can draw our own conclusions, or, given the Liar's commitment to communicating with fans we will be invited to a powerpoint presentation to engage in an open discussion, have questions answered by the owner, or pigs might be seen flying over the Thames.

Note for Katie in case she wants to tell the truth about the owner's "investment" and his motives -
    (i) cash contributed as a loan to cover operating losses is not an "investment" - it is an enforced cash call to avoid insolvency and protects the owner's original investment.
    (ii) Cash paid to acquire an asset like a football club is an investment for the benefit of the owner, not largess given to customers.
    (iii) Cash from player sales used to buy new players is not an investment, it is recycling of cash flow to replace assets.
    (iv) Stop talking in public for the purposes of self promotion as if you know anything about football and please stop talking bollocks about what the owner has "invested".

• Rob62 said:

The locals in Belgium believe he still has his fingers in the pie at Liege. there's some talk of Liege owing him a significant amount of money which they are slowly repaying. There's also some talk about influence/corruption re the land deals done with St Truiden local Council to build the new complex /apartments (4 buildings in total) around the STVV ground.
    They don't call him Snake/Thief/Thug for nothing- the local people of ST hate him.
    If there's anymore to this than idle gossip, then someone seriously needs to get on the case and investigate it. Someone local would be preferable. Come on St Truiden fans, do something to fight back.
  • How long did douche own Liege before they got rid of him?
  • For some time I've tried to make sense of some of the deals the interim regime have involved our club in; Piotr Pariszek and Naby Sarr being the stand out ones. The considerable fees said to have been paid for both of them, given their (lack of) quality, seems foolhardy at least, - but could it be something other than stupidity?

This whole network idea would seem to offer an opportunity for money to be moved around from club to club, until its origins become difficult to trace. Bear in mind also that Sarr's former club Sporting CP were recently implicated in a Russian Mafia money laundering racket.

I want to be clear I'm not aware of any hearsay that suggests such things are going on relating to the network, nor am I making any allegations, - just trying to understand some of the apparent stupidity of our interim owners.
  • The key is and always has been in their holding company.

Staypricks.
  • edited May 2016

Rob62 said:

We might well be asking the same question if he ever does sell, could well still have his fingers in our pie with the amount of money he could potentially be owed.

I can't see anybody paying £37m for a League One club but I can see perhaps a sale of the club for about £20m to make an immediate profit compared to the purchase price and then cast his shadow over the club until the other £17m or so debt is slowly paid back in the future while still earning his 3% interest which sounds like the situation at Liege where he probably doesn't own them officially anymore but as the main creditor would hold significant sway there.
  • All of Roland's business interests are characterised by having connected transactions with more than one company in which he or his family or friends have interests.

This means conflicts of interest but instead iof transparency to prove transactions are conducted on an arms length basus he operates in secrecy. What does he expect people to think?

As already discovered and detailed on other threads, even his Melexis company has a shadow over it with its CEO married to a Melexis shareholder and owner of its major supplier.
  • For some time I've tried to make sense of some of the deals the interim regime have involved our club in; Piotr Pariszek and Naby Sarr being the stand out ones. The considerable fees said to have been paid for both of them, given their (lack of) quality, seems foolhardy at least, - but could it be something other than stupidity?

This whole network idea would seem to offer an opportunity for money to be moved around from club to club, until its origins become difficult to trace. Bear in mind also that Sarr's former club Sporting CP were recently implicated in a Russian Mafia money laundering racket.

I want to be clear I'm not aware of any hearsay that suggests such things are going on relating to the network, nor am I making any allegations, - just trying to understand some of the apparent stupidity of our interim owners.

I think many of us has have had the same thoughts for years.

However, you have to be very careful what you say.