Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Douche Bag Asset Strip scenario

Best guess sales value of the squad, contract length is left in as it will be influential:

Stephen Henderson 2017 - £750k
Nick Pope 2018 - £350k
Chris Solly 2017 - £250k (unfair but)
Roger Johnson 2017 - no value
Harry Lennon 2018 - £350k
Patrick Bauer 2019 - £1m
Naby Sarr 2020 - £500k
Jorge Texieria 2020 - £1m
Morgan Fox 2018 - £250k
Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2018 £100k
JB Guðmundsson 2019 - £1m
Johnnie Jackson 2017 no sale value
El-Hadji Ba 2018 £250k
Ahmed Kashi 2018 £500k
Jordan Cousins 2019 £750k

Cristian Ceballos 2018 £150k
Zakarya Bergdich 2019 £100k
Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 no value
George Tucudean 2017 no value
Tony Watt 2018 £1m
Igor Vetokele 2019 £1m

Alou Diarra - no value
Callum Harriott - £250k
Lookman - £1.5m

Circa £11 million the "job lot"!

In bold above the likely leavers circa £8.75

(I do appreciate that the values could be argued all day, however the point remains the same)

What's left to Biuld a team around, Jacko, Diarra, Fox, Lennon, TDH, Sarr, Ba, Birdshit, Cellabos and Pope!

Assuming sales as above because either the Douche Bag does what he done at Standard (Asset Strips before leaving) or those players above with value, simply want out!

Who ever the new owners are or indeed even if we remain screwed by DB staying, a good deal of money will need to be spent/reinvested.

You could argue the if we are really deeply screwed and the regime stays then the value of sales (circa £9m) could be reinvested to create a side capable of getting promoted.

The likelihood of success of that re-investment with that with this Regime is not high.

My opinion is Douche Bag will cut and run with the money!

If as I believe, we are on the verge of new ownership, the window of opportunity is "now" and will be lessening by the day!

Douche Bag knows this and won't hesitate to protract negotiations using the loss of players as a "chip" in his poker game with who ever he's negotiated with.

I do hope I'm very wrong but he has the track record!

Comments

• As good a guess as any, but I'd love to see them try getting 1/2 million for Naby Sarr
  • Lookman 1.5m seems very low as does 1m for JBG even allowing for how bad KM is.

A lot of others will be given away to free up wages if anyone will take them.
  • Yeah, a but inflated methinks for some - 500k for Sarr - yer aving a larf !
  • The more i hear, the more i believe RD is here for a while yet - probably certainly into next season at least.
  • Lol, someone's spent too much time on that player valuation website that's always wrong - or FIFA!
  • Pretty awful estimates there let's be honest. At least £2-3m for Johann, at least £4m for Lookman. I'd say at least £1m for Solly. I'd also say Fox would go for quite a bit more than £250k.
  • Pretty awful estimates there let's be honest. At least £2-3m for Johann, at least £4m for Lookman. I'd say at least £1m for Solly. I'd also say Fox would go for quite a bit more than £250k.

They'll go for what people are prepared to pay.
    Everybody knows the state of our club and on recent evidence our CEO would probably struggle on a Basic Negotiation training course

Solly not worth a fee at all I would expect. He'd never pass a medical.

Perfect. Someone tell Katrien.
  • Sponsored links:

• As I said " best guess" some dick head paid over a mill for Bambi on Ice and we could argue forever on values.

Please don't miss the point this toxic old twat hurt Standard plenty before jacking it in!
  • edited May 2016

As I said " best guess" some dick head paid over a mill for Bambi on Ice and we could argue forever on values.

Please don't miss the point this toxic old twat hurt Standard plenty before jacking it in!

Isn't the reality that it's relegation that is going to force Charlton to lose any of the more expensive or saleable assets ? Not asset stripping.
  • But "the point" revolves around getting money for our players.

If he isn't going to get any money for them then the point fails.
  • edited May 2016
    Cousins would go for more than £750k. If RD managed to get a similar figure for Dale Stephens with 6 months remaining on his contract even by his own standards he ought to get more in for Cousins.

The more interesting question would be what clubs are all our players going to end up at?

I think Lookman will be the only one in The Premier League if sold while JBG I can see either going to Norwich or Wolves or perhaps Fulham if he loves it so much in London. If JBG's right peg was decent he'd get a move to The Premier League but I think he's a top 6 Championship player now though would expect him to go for more than £1m as well, possibly around £2.5m

Cousins will probably get a similar priced move to a top 6 Championship club, my guess being Derby.
  • No point threatening to sell players if you don't negotiate to sell the club. News from all sources (the club, Paul Elliott etc) appears to suggest no sale negotiations are going on.
  • vffvff
    edited May 2016
    I think that it is very likely that Duchatelet will try to get as much value for players as he can. There were approaches & rumblings for a sale of Standard Liege about 9 months before he sold. Duchaelet stripped what assets he could out of that club before he sold.

(Though, St Truiden went up into the same division at Liege though, and that may have been the final tipping point for the sale).

Duchatelet does have a mantra about clubs being self sustaining. I don't see him going too far away from that.

Lookman may get around 4 to 5 million due to the level of interest. Gudmundsson 1.5 to 2 million. I can see Hull & Norwich being interested. I can see Teixera going alongside Watt. Bauer, I don't know. Henderson won't command that great a fee as he is injury prone despite being a very decent keeper. Solly will go on a free, the regime are that keen to get rid of him and he has potential injury problems. There will lots of mediocre players left over, Bergdich / Sarr who may find their level in league one. Cousins will go for about 750,000.

The team will be left the remnants, Under 21 graduates, a bit of experience with Jackson and old lags such as Johnson. When Duchatelet realises that he will be miles of promotion at Christmas, he will sell. Life's too short and the knows the price of everything and the value of nothing, blinkered, one track, tight fisted git, will sell up around the turn of the year. It is not a matter of if but when. Charlton will be free of Duchatelet & Meire.
  • As good a guess as any, but I'd love to see them try getting 1/2 million for Naby Sarr

Half a million Lira perhaps
  • As I said " best guess" some dick head paid over a mill for Bambi on Ice and we could argue forever on values.

Isn't the reality that it's relegation that is going to force Charlton to lose any of the more expensive or saleable assets ? Not asset stripping.
    Agreed. And knock on wood there has been no indication of asset stripping from RD so far.

There is the precedence of Standard, but didn't Roland maintain some portion of ownership there?

As I've said many times before, if a quick buck or asset stripping were all he cared about he'd have started in January, and there are many other things he could be doing. He's worth half a billion, what's 11m, or 38 million or whatever to him?
  • We'll be lucky to get a tenner for the lot ... Roland will pocket the rest via undisclosed fees :wink:
  • My view for what it is worth (nothing, but i am bored!). If we got rid of the lot this summer it would look like this:

Free/Contracts paid off to save money
    Hendo, Johnson, Sarr, Jackson, Ceballos, Bergdich, KAG, Tuc, Diarra, Harriott, Vetokele

Nominal (sub £100K)
    Lennon, Fox, Ba, THD

£250K
    Kashi, Pope,

£500K
    Watt, Solly

£750K
    Tex, Bauer

£1M
    Cousins

£2M
    Gudmondsson

£5M
    Lookman

comes out at c£11M too!

• Sponsored links:

Perfect. Someone tell Katrien.
    Like that'd stop her. We gave Morrison away for nothing remember?
  • What's worrying is the belief that there are no bidders?

If bids are in they would be kept very quiet by all parties.

I'm firmly of the opinion he wants out and is playing a "long game", come June he must act and his actions will tell us where he's at.

I believe the first we will see is Kalamity vanish closely followed by the old testicle himself.

Keep the faith he can't win!

• My view for what it is worth (nothing, but i am bored!). If we got rid of the lot this summer it would look like this:

Free/Contracts paid off to save money
    Hendo, Johnson, Sarr, Jackson, Ceballos, Bergdich, KAG, Tuc, Diarra, Harriott, Vetokele

Nominal (sub £100K)
    Lennon, Fox, Ba, THD

£250K
    Kashi, Pope,

£500K
    Watt, Solly

£750K
    Tex, Bauer

£1M
    Cousins

£2M
    Gudmondsson

£5M
    Lookman

comes out at c£11M too!

If that lot all go then its League 2 here we come.
  • The scenario that I see is the selling off of players before next season starts, the vacancies within the club left unfilled, then the selling of the club right before the season starts, leaving us "Blackpool like" on the field and no one running the club. I think he's vindictive enough to leave us in such a position.
  • SDAddick said:

As I said " best guess" some dick head paid over a mill for Bambi on Ice and we could argue forever on values.

Agreed. And knock on wood there has been no indication of asset stripping from RD so far.

There is the precedence of Standard, but didn't Roland maintain some portion of ownership there?

As I've said many times before, if a quick buck or asset stripping were all he cared about he'd have started in January, and there are many other things he could be doing. He's worth half a billion, what's 11m, or 38 million or whatever to him?
    In January he wasn't contemplating relegation.
  • vffvff
    edited May 2016
    SDAddick said:

Never underestimate what an unflinchingly tight git that Duchatelet is. He expects his individual business' to stand alone and will not like putting a lot of extra money in that he cannot load on as debt. In league one money can be put in as investment and not loaned at 3% interest as much of the money poorly spent / wasted over the last 2.5 seasons.

It took a few months to asset strip Liege. I anticipate it will be the same situation here. Gone by the turn of the year, when he realises the under 21 team he has assembled is not getting out of league one
  • vff said:

SDAddick said:

Never underestimate what an unflinchingly tight git that Duchatelet is. He expects his individual business' to stand alone and will not look putting a lot of extra money in that he cannot load on as debt. In league one money can be put in as investment and not loaned at 3% interest.

It took a few months to asset strip Liege. I anticipate it will be the same situation here. Gone by the turn of the year, when he realises the under 21 team he has assembled is not getting out of league one
  • Has he actually got out of Liege though?

Someone mentioned this to him at the POTY dinner, he laughed it off and said of course he would.

Someone mentioned this to him at the POTY dinner, he laughed it off and said of course he would.
    Would he actually be in a strong position to know though.First, he's never moved to another club. Second, he hasn't got a medical degree and third, perhaps most importantly, he's not an insurance underwriter wondering if he can sensibly offer an affordable premium for Career Ending Insurance.