Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire: The Full Statement!

18910111214»

Comments

• Options

mogodon said:

I am not sure any of us expected anything other than this outcome. The establishment always backs itself however much they claim to be open and honest. I imagine this was a two-minute conversation with much laughing at the end of a committee meeting before they all headed to the bar and told each other how much hard work they all do for the good of the game.

I'm afraid that the outcome is the same from the more peripheral complaint perhaps made to Meire's former University who honoured her with a prestigious award without looking into her sinecure appointment as CEO by Roland Duchatelet -

this is part of the reply received yesterday:

Pursuant to a decision based on a secret vote within the board of directors of VRG-Alumni (taken with a very large majority of votes). The award of the prize is therefore final and irrevocable and hence we see no reason to organise a hearing regarding this matter.
    Furthermore, we outline that the VRG-Alumni Prize crowns an alumnus/alumna who has made a remarkable career or who has distinguished him/herself in another way. In this respect, we outline that the board of directors was at the time well aware of the ongoing discussions between Mss. Meire and a part of the Charlton supporters, as well of the criticism articulated by the latter towards the Charlton CEO. It is obvious that VRG-Alunmi takes no position whatsoever in this discussion. Apparently however, the majority of our board members were of the opinion that the existing controversy was no impediment to the award of the prize to Mss Meire.

Incredible isn't it?
    Good work anyway @Coyotejohn1947 and tbh expected. Large organisations like the FA and this uni are never going to publicly admit they've cocked up by rewarding her unless they absolutely have nowhere else to go. At the very least you've embarrassed her in front of her old uni.
    And they won't dare do anything similar again