Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire: The Full Statement!

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

I honestly thought this was made up, like my first reaction to the Roland statement.

However she said it it seems.

So much to chew on here (she said it in a public forum so reacting to it is fair enough), but one thought I have had is about her support network and who is suggesting stuff to here. Given the nature of the conferences she is so fond of, including hosting a women in football event at the Valley, and given the nature of the support from Jo Tongue, I can easily see the thought process that goes

I am a young woman in sport.
    It is a sexist world.
    They get at me because I am a woman.
    It is a racist world.
    Non white people get it because of their race, just as I get it because of my gender.
    To attack me is sexist, which is akin to racist, so those who attack me are also racists to all intents and purposes.

Katrien is wrong. She is attacked because she is destroying Charlton Athletic.

P.S.
    The stuff about children resonates with a lifer being told by Cojones that it was their six year old that the club want to attract, and also resonates with other stuff the regime have been initiating in trying to get children attached to the club.

The regime is waiting for all us old sexist racists to die basically.

Who do they think is going to take these children to the games? Are they going to rock up on their own?
    The rate we are going they will be playing.
  • Options
    Clearly reading Charlton Life ;).. Bet she loved the Would you thread :)
  • Options
    Not the first time the gender card has been hinted at. I remember some bollocks about "I hope the protestors don't have girlfriends or daughters they talk to like that" or something to that effect
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I struggle to recall a more adolescent or juvenile outburst from any employer, employee or student during a 40yr working career.

The delusion extends to the eradication of foul and abusive language. It speaks to the complete ignorance of the origins of professional football in the UK. The game was spawned in the industrial heartlands of the country. It was a working mans' game played by working men watched by working men coming off of their Saturday morning shifts.

It is a working mans sport. Most professional sport has similar origins. It is not meant for the faint heated or the genteel. I concede I have little knowledge of provincial sport in Belgium but in the grown up world of professional sport across the globe foul and abusive language is commonplace.

Professional sport is hard, competitive, physically and mentally demanding. Sports people of both genders when competing to the limit of their abilities will on occasion step into areas of physical violence and regularly use such language in the clear presence of any watching audience no matter their age or gender.
    That a small minority take it to excess is regrettable but it is part and parcel of society today. You may as well complain to the Prime Minister as the sports industry governance authorities. Anyone of any maturity and/or not wrapped in their own cocoon would know this.

The origins of the game don't matter if someone is being abused in a sexist fashion. The origins of the game were also in all-male bording schools to be a form of "Muscular Christianity," and in part to avoid masturbation. I don't see what that has to do with the game as funded and branded by Sky and owned by a diverse group of peoples in the 21st century.

You have just trotted out well written versions of the sentiment that have kept blacks, gays, foreigners, and women from being allowed into the game for over a century. If you can't be in a public place in 2016 without calling someone a "c*nt" or a "slapper," then you're wrong. And whatever era or social standard you're nostalgic for was wrong as well.

Katrien Meire's comments were silly, and misjudged, but that does not excuse sexism.

Jon Stewart just spoke very well to political correctness and inclusion in society. I'll defer to this as I don't know that I can add anything nuanced.

https://youtu.be/Da5VYSPsoE0?t=11m48s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

cafctom said:

Not the first time the gender card has been hinted at. I remember some bollocks about "I hope the protestors don't have girlfriends or daughters they talk to like that" or something to that effect

Yep.

Cue a bloke checking on the poor damsal in distress when we were talking outside today. Once again, what seemed perplexing has now been explained by her statement.

What's really sexist about this whole situation is that her gender is even being mentioned, and that she was originally used as an example of a "woman in a mans world"; a narrative that has now declined to hiding behind her gender and relying upon men who feel the need to step to her assistance. (No one in this thread! The example above.)

Much in the same way Powell was pulled out whenever race issues in football management were in the news - as some form of outdated "token black guy", and not as a professional football manager - it stinks, and it undermines the whole argument.

Rather then looking at her gender lets look at her qualifications, achievements and comments. All of which are inappropriate or inexistent.

If we're sexist for disliking someone who we deem to inept, then they're racist for sacking Chris Powell, anti-semetic for sacking an Israeli Jew and xenophobic for continuing to employ Belgian after Belgian. But they're none of those things, and we're not sexist.
    Okay, before I respond, are you referring to my post?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    SDAddick said:

LuckyReds said:

cafctom said:

Yep.

Cue a bloke checking on the poor damsal in distress when we were talking outside today. Once again, what seemed perplexing has now been explained by her statement.

What's really sexist about this whole situation is that her gender is even being mentioned, and that she was originally used as an example of a "woman in a mans world"; a narrative that has now declined to hiding behind her gender and relying upon men who feel the need to step to her assistance. (No one in this thread! The example above.)

Much in the same way Powell was pulled out whenever race issues in football management were in the news - as some form of outdated "token black guy", and not as a professional football manager - it stinks, and it undermines the whole argument.

Rather then looking at her gender lets look at her qualifications, achievements and comments. All of which are inappropriate or inexistent.

If we're sexist for disliking someone who we deem to inept, then they're racist for sacking Chris Powell, anti-semetic for sacking an Israeli Jew and xenophobic for continuing to employ Belgian after Belgian. But they're none of those things, and we're not sexist.
    No!!!

That's specifically why I put no one in this thread, I think I even liked your post @SDAddick - as usual you've spoken a lot of sense.

I meant the example above IN my post, the chap who saw Katrien talking to two polite fans but felt the need to give one a shitty look (hence why I took it to heart ;)) whilst checking she was OK, and that we weren't being mean. I doubt that would've happened to a bloke chatting to two others, or without the sexism she's hinted towards.

I apologise if you misunderstood, but I did specifically say no one in the thread - and pointed towards my example.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

SDAddick said:

LuckyReds said:

cafctom said:

Yep.

No!!!

That's specifically why I put no one in this thread, I think I even liked your post @SDAddick - as usual you've spoken a lot of sense.

I meant the example above IN my post, the chap who saw Katrien talking to two polite fans but felt the need to give one a shitty look (hence why I took it to heart ;)) whilst checking she was OK, and that we weren't being mean. I doubt that would've happened to a bloke chatting to two others, or without the sexism she's hinted towards.

I apologise if you misunderstood, but I did specifically say no one in the thread - and pointed towards my example.
    Sorry fella, thanks for the clarification. Just had my tea, might have been a bit cranky beforehand ;).
  • Options

Any reaction from Sue Parkes yet?

She's composing a joint statement with Shay Given.
  • Options

Clearly reading Charlton Life ;).. Bet she loved the Would you thread :)

I would though... in the centre circle. :smiley:
  • Options

So in her 'Dublin moment' she said the fans were weird for trying to have a say in the club and they should mind their own.

Today it's not fair that the CEO carries the can!

The brass of this woman.

No, she is a brass.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

RanTooFar said:

I'll ask yet again - what extreme and vile personal abuse?!
    Well for a start the 'slapper' and 'chlamydia' song; the c-word posted on the comments of the Dublin video. I'm also aware of some particularly nasty emails she's received, a small number crossing the line into criminal transgression.

I'm in no way defending her, and she may have the skin (and hide) of a rhino - but let's not pretend she's not been abused.
    The visiting of her parents was out of order.

The rest she is fair game for and deserves.

F*** her.
  • Options

rikofold said:

RanTooFar said:

I'll ask yet again - what extreme and vile personal abuse?!
    Well for a start the 'slapper' and 'chlamydia' song; the c-word posted on the comments of the Dublin video. I'm also aware of some particularly nasty emails she's received, a small number crossing the line into criminal transgression.

I'm in no way defending her, and she may have the skin (and hide) of a rhino - but let's not pretend she's not been abused.
    The visiting of her parents was out of order.

The rest she is fair game for and deserves.

F*** her.
    If she was smart she would have spoken out about the visitation of fans to her parents straight after it occurred. Even if the statement she produced was as an emotional wreck, she would have gained some amount of sympathy.

She probably only found out about that simple exchange of a leaflet ordeal via Charlton life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    It's all too late as far she, the rant and Murray are concerned. Too much has gone now for them to retrieve the mess over the last 28 months and no one trusts what they say or anything they do anymore.

• Options
    Great post from @Grapevine49.

The sheer arrogance of the woman.

Everyone else's fault but hers.

Grudging admission of mistakes without understanding the need to be accompanied by explanations and apologies.

Not associating herself with the mistakes, and implying they should be accepted as normal and should not invoke passionate reaction from fans.

Bewildered why cash injected to save owners original investment should not be accepted as a bribe in return for dumb loyalty and respect to her and the owner.

Refusal to accept the reality of the situation leaves her no option but to portray fans as first a minority, then irrational, then uneducated and foul mouthed finally criminals and racists.

Not exactly on the path to a truth and reconciliation solution.

Like a poor gambler getting ever more desperate, she stumbles from one bad throw of the dice to another as she tries to reach what is always moving further away - the profile of an intelligent woman, in control running a successful football club for a wealthy owner to be revered as the new Karen Brady.

She has no interest in the club or the fans, only her own self advancement and she is failing miserably.

I've increased my standing order to the protest fund and can only hope we advance her misery even further.

• Options

Well said, Jimbo

But think by now you should know the difference between "quite" and "quiet".

Mind you, our CEO clearly doesn't know the meaning of the latter.

That's an Italian coffee innit? :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    This sounds like the death throes of a wounded animal to me. It's noticeable that she has chosen to speak once the final game of the season is over.

Hopefully she'll retreat into a lair somewhere and slowly disappear, she has problems with reality.

It could transpire that Roland is leading her up to the gallows.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Dave2l said:

Ok for one thing (now I'm a bit less annoyed) she is not hinting that the fans are raciest. She is mostly just clumsy with words whilst rattled and visibly outspokenly upset (weirdo). Attention seeker - drama. Even though she has already lost before she has even said a word.

What I'd like to know is who the hell was she supporting 15 years ago? Belgian Scumbags FC?

She is obviously rattled. I am interested in psychology. Mostly within animals but humans also, of course it's interesting. Aside from the fact that she's ruining my club, she is somewhat of an interest point because ...

A professional could learn from her personal strange-ness and she is in a high profile position.

I believe she is a sociopath but a non threatening one. That's not a sly dig. She is not a dangerous person so I really don't want to be overly harsh when suggesting something serious but:

1.Pathological liar

2. Not being able to answer questions. Or simply taking the piss, when asked questions. Diving all around them. In-direct.

3. Cannot admit anything is wrong or fully grasp it. She has mentioned things that have gone wrong but just says it happens as in, it's okish. Don't blame me for common occurrences. WRONG

4. Having too much self worth. Where she brings up the community stuff, the academy, the affordable football. She is crushed that side is not frequently praised, even though it's almost non relevant and not that impressive. Those things were already at the club. The club invested in charlton BECAUSE OF THOSE THINGS, even as they say.

^She must be told she is great. A sociopath survives on it. She is hurt.

5.She has a little following of worshipers. Ie Mandy. Not that impressive but she is still up her butthole. There will be others too.

6. Constantly in denial anything is wrong. She will get angry if the facts and figures are shown factually that the club has turned sour. Probably wouldn't bear look at it and would get passive aggressive.

7. The sex vid is a bold move that someone with a funny mental disorder may overly approve of. It was not appropriate.

8. She is apparently initially charming and stands out. You know, how some people get jobs.

Those are sociopathic traits and probably more where that came from. However, it doesn't always complete the individual.

She might just about escape being fully branded as a sociopath.

Another way to see it is is she is just playing a game. Given a job because women are good with budgets and allegedly because her dad knows Roland, her boss does not care what she does or what the consequences are as long as she is having fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

As a story this will gone in a couple of days. It would be good to see a response from CARD though to the branding of Charlton anti-Roland fans as criminal mysogonists that need educating.

What Meire's words have done of course is to deepen the divide between the owner and fans, and cause further damage Charlton as a club. This would be a brilliant case study in how to not run a business.

We've been relegated. We've just been snubbed in public by the manager of Northampton bloody Town. We've no manager. It's a critical time for selling and recruiting players. The club is trying to sell season tickets.

Meira then decides that now is a good time to defame the active fan base, rather than trying to build bridges. And says that apart from the managers she appointed and the players, Charton isn't all shit! Great work Katrien.

As a story this will gone in a couple of days. It would be good to see a response from CARD though to the branding of Charlton anti-Roland fans as criminal mysogonists that need educating.

What Meire's words have done of course is to deepen the divide between the owner and fans, and cause further damage Charlton as a club. This would be a brilliant case study in how to not run a business.

We've been relegated. We've just been snubbed in public by the manager of Northampton bloody Town. We've no manager. It's a critical time for selling and recruiting players. The club is trying to sell season tickets.

Meira then decides that now is a good time to defame the active fan base, rather than trying to build bridges. And says that apart from the managers she appointed and the players, Charton isn't all shit! Great work Katrien.

And a few months ago she was trying to tell us they were all great appointments!!! I think the press need a CARD statement now countering her points and reflecting how she has insulted us.
  • Options
    We are screwed next season if Roland and KM are still running the gaff, they stumble from one disaster to another, without an ounce of apology or responsibility, grow up Katrien.