Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins

Comments

• Options
    Nobby Vinegar.

Galvanise the fans and accelerate the rat's departure.
  • Options
    "and if Nigel says he's happy, then he must be in his world"

XCT.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

So should we be making plans for Adkins?

Surely it is "were just making plans for Nigel"?
    That was the reference, yes
  • Options

Redrobo said:

So should we be making plans for Adkins?

Surely it is "were just making plans for Nigel"?
    That was the reference, yes
    Quite good for me to get it. ☺
  • Options
    I never realised Barry Sheen was in XTC.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    braydex said:

braydex said:

braydex said:

CH4RLTON said:

He's English, he knows the league more than can be said than any of the network chumps so 100% for me

I wouldn't disagree with his nationality or past experience/achievements. But he will still not be able to make signings. He will not be able to pick the team, choose who to substitute etc. He will not be used to a half empty ground and having no money to spend. He is not familiar with a club who sign their players via mediocre clubs in random parts of Europe.......

You have to ask, what self respecting manager with ambition would choose to manage under those conditions?
    I don't think Sheff Utd were exactly selling out Brammel Lane last season

Not selling out you're right. But with the highest average gate of just under 20,000 in League one, they're were still pulling in the crowds. Several thousands more than we were last season, let alone this forthcoming season.....
    didn't realise they were pulling in that many, apologies I agree that you have a point
    No apology needed!

You have to think though....they have been stuck in League 1 for several seasons now, but haven't really lost a significant amount of fans. That must say a lot about how the club is run. The fans are still loyal. If you had a choice of Sheff Utd v Charlton (Wilder for example) - who would you choose? It's a no brainer really.
    Allowing for the fact that we'd be in the Premier League two years earlier, you could make the same argument about Charlton 2009-12. In fact, you can rely on the Belgians looking at those figures and thinking they provide a useful indicator for 2016/17, which is likely to be very wrong indeed and mostly because of their continued involvement.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Steve Clarke ..new name linked with us

i'd rather the Clarke at Bristol Rovers
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Source? Or is this direct from one of your imaginary insider contacts?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Steve Clarke would be head and shoulders above anyone else named for me but cant see him dropping down into league 1 and working for Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes to Steve Clarke
  • Options
    Clarke would be a shoe in
  • Options

Steve Clarke would be head and shoulders above anyone else named for me but cant see him dropping down into league 1 and working for Roland.

Really don't understand why people are going mad for Clarke. Yes he has been assistant manager under some very decent managers, and managed at a high level, but when it has come to doing the big job himself he has actually not done very well at all.
  • Options
    did he do well at west Brom?
  • Options
    He did a reasonable job at West Brom before the money properly kicked in and they had an extremely average squad outside the relegation zone and had an alright Reading team in the top half so wouldn't say he did bad at either. Should have picked up experiences at both jobs which should improve him as he is clearly an intelligent/strong defensive coach. Definitely my favourite of the lot so far.

Unfortunately the rumour came from Colin so I wouldn't give it much thought for now anyway.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

The bloke from the trust or the football manager?
  • Options
    Asked my Reading supporter mate (classic) what he thought of Clarke. His in depth reply was - 'Never liked him'.

Cheers for that Jake.
  • Options
    Rumour now that Adkins has applied for Bolton job. One of four interested in the job.
  • Options

Rumour now that Adkins has applied for Bolton job. One of four interested in the job.

I really can't see any self-respecting Manager taking the job after speaking to Katie, Roland (if it get's that far) and reading the small print of the contract hence the reason we will end up with Nobby Vinegar, Chris O'Whatshisface or the bloke from Alcoron.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With Lennie looking like he is going to Cardiff, it looks like we need a DoF as well, plus Chief scout she was interviewing last week, so she said, and she never lies
  • Options
    We're doomed
  • Options
    Could be the first Nigel to manage us since Pardew ;(
  • Options
    WARNOCK
  • Options
    masicat said:

WARNOCK

Won't be. He won't commit long term
  • Options
    Haha good match then
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @masicat

not the first time you've capitalised Warnock.

do you know something or have you chinned him in the past?

• Options
    Macronate said:

@masicat

not the first time you've capitalised Warnock.

do you know something or have you chinned him in the past?

masicat once predicted we'd sign a Belgian and Moroccan....and we did