Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is it possible to run the club in a more useless manner?

RD and KM have reached new levels of incompetence - is there anything they can do to top this latest fiasco? If somebody had scripted this you would have said the plot was too far fetched!

Comments

• Without a shadow of doubt this fiasco can be topped.

And probably will be.

Sad, but very true.
  • Of course it is possible and we will find out how in the next couple months.
  • RD and KM have reached new levels of incompetence - is there anything they can do to top this latest fiasco? If somebody had scripted this you would have said the plot was too far fetched!

I suspect Blackpool fans would answer "yes"...

(...just in case you think the worst is over...)
  • The bottom of the barrel has yet to be scraped.
  • We ain't seen nothing yet!
  • As Colin has already stated...

There will be a pathetic stupid spin on the reason Wilder didn't sign.

It wasn't Roland's fault....it wasn't Katriens fault....

Chris wilder had a scheme all along to eventually become the Sheffield United manager. There was no persuading him to manage charlton even though he flew out to Belgium to meet the owner.
  • edited May 2016
    I genuinely think that with maybe the exception of Blackpool and Portsmouth, we are the worst run club I can recall in English football in the last ten years.

And there is nothing to suggest that we won't sink as low as those clubs when this is all said and done.
  • I thnk they will try their hardest to fuck it up more... tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• they'll top it because we have a plethora of incompetents.

the whole club is riddled with fuckwits who know little about what goes into running a Chamoonship football club.

it's only a matter of time before another fuck up. my money's on next week.
  • Well, it doesn't seem like it should be possible, but I get the feeling RD and Katrien will find a way....
  • Undoubtedly they can do way worse, but hopefully they agree to a takeover and do it somewhere else. I think I need to wipe my rose tinted glasses I'm sure I just saw pigs flying across the top of Table mountain
  • Don't for one minute imagine that there are not more bad decisions ahead. Unless they go tomorrow, there will be.
  • I can only come to the the conclusion that they are deliberatley running the club into ground. Its all just so bizzare.
  • cafctom said:

I genuinely think that with maybe the exception of Blackpool and Portsmouth, we are the worst run club I can recall in English football in the last ten years.

And there is nothing to suggest that we won't sink as low as those clubs when this is all said and done.

Portsmouth in first leg of playoff tomorrow at sell-out Fratton Park.
  • Every day they wake up and decide not to sell the club by the end of that day, it's a cataclysmic decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

To be fair I'd add Leyton Orient to make it four clubs in contention for that dubious honour and add ten years to make it in the last 20 years.
  • Mandy, as always, is keen to impress Katrien but unfortunately misinterpretated the word' British'.
    Mind you he might not be inept enough to fit in at Charlton.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6vQ0ZpFq1M
  • In answer to the original question, no.
  • cafctom said:

Go them, they won the FA cup and played against Milan and Wolfsburg 8 years ago, that's a bigger slide than us, going into administration, occuring 2 seperate points deductions and being on the brink of extinction along the way
  • There but for the grace of God eh? Oh.
  • Even if there was a takeover, they'd probably fuck that up as well. Oh wait, what's that you say Mr Varney??
  • sam3110 said:

cafctom said:

Go them, they won the FA cup and played against Milan and Wolfsburg 8 years ago, that's a bigger slide than us, going into administration, occuring 2 seperate points deductions and being on the brink of extinction along the way
    But despite all that S*** the fans still won in the end - as we will do.
  • "You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go".

Hat tip to Oliver Cromwell and Arthur Greenwood who had similar problems with their club owners. All the kids reading rather than doing revision should go an look them up.
  • No manager, third-tier football 'attracting' a home gate of 5,000 or less - with more fans boycotting than attending games - the club's best players sold, and a big muddy hole filled with rainwater at the Training Ground. Total Football? Total Farce.
  • edited May 2016
    Plenty of people have said to me, what exactly is going at your club, and it's very hard to know where to begin, and there's been so many cock up upon cock ups it's hard to remember them all.

If someone wanted to write a book of how not to run a football club, I think we'd take up quite a few chapters.

The thing I can't get my head around is why is KM still here?

Surely a boss of sound mind would have his finger on the pulse, rather than just having his finger in lots of pies, and taking KM's word for everything?

And do you think she is a failed lawyer who got found out in the legal profession, it makes no sense having her running our club?

I can't see a way back from all the Rubbish that has gone on, and I think there's still more of it to come.