Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SLP: Charlton Athletic ready to move for George Moncur

Comments

• Tutt-Tutt said:

Wow, George Moncur? The George Moncur. A key member of the fantastic Colchester squad that just got relegated to League 2. Season tickets will fly off the shelf.

Well you could say exactly the same about some of our players !

• Can't he come to us rather than us going to him?
  • WHAT IS GOING ON WITH CHARLTON LIFE?

FFS hours this thread has been up and not a single You-tube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ljINx4hwLk
  • dizzee said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Wow, George Moncur? The George Moncur. A key member of the fantastic Colchester squad that just got relegated to League 2. Season tickets will fly off the shelf.

Could say that about Gud being relegated with us to the mighty league one then...
    And the majority of Curbs' signings during the Prem years. Holland, HH etc
  • WHAT IS GOING ON WITH CHARLTON LIFE?

FFS hours this thread has been up and not a single You-tube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ljINx4hwLk

Keeps his head and places the ball. Would like to see all the ones he fluffed, of course, to see the ratio of goals to misses.
  • Jarman said:

He gave our fans loads at their place back in Jan.

Good. He's got spunk.

Maybe, but can he fill a water balloon?

• Good build up play, but his finishing is all over the place

S'wat we've got the 20ft nets for...
  • edited May 2016
    Can we buy concave nets that somehow force the ball black in before it crosses the goal line and then when you reverse polarity pulls it into the goal?

I thought these sort of chips were Roland and melexis's speciality?

For goodness sake if you can't rely on cheating in football what have you got left?
  • Charlton lining up £150,000 deal to bring in potent League One star facing relegation

Charlton Athletic are looking to begin their attempts to secure a quick return to the Championship next season by poaching George Moncur from Colchester, report South London Today.
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited May 2016
    Moncur as creative midfield is ok as that is a position that has been missing. You Tube clips looks ok but then they always generally do. I guess he would have played alongside Callum Harriott.

Not sure about the purchase before a head coach is in place. The club are supposedly negotiating with Wilder, that doesn't strike me as a particular good sign that Duchatelet is going to give full control to the incoming manager if he is purchasing a player who may not fit into the new manager's plans.

Don't know too much about Moncur but the fact that he is from a team relegated to league 2 with similarly appalling goal difference as Charlton is not making me reach for the phone to purchase my season ticket.

I can also see Jordan Cousins being sold and the replacement being the cheaper Moncur. Difficult to be worked up by the transfer as it is only part of the total moves, and it is impossible to know what that picture or what the intention is of the clueless numpties running the club.
  • shirty5 said:

Peterborough, Swindon, MK Dons and Barnsley all interested in Moncur

If Barnsley are interested, they could offer him Championship football (if they win the playoffs)
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

I was just thinking the same. ...typical Charlton signing, pre-network. High wages. Past his best days. Couldn't give a shit about Charlton.......I reckon we could name about two dozen George Moncurs' that we've signed over the years
  • Scoham said:

braydex said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

I was just thinking the same. ...typical Charlton signing, pre-network. High wages. Past his best days. Couldn't give a shit about Charlton.......I reckon we could name about two dozen George Moncurs' that we've signed over the years
    A 22 year old is past his best? High wages at Colchester, the first club he's had a full season of football?
    I've a feeling you've just been whooshed
  • A scoring midfielder playing in a shit team must have something; and from the little I have seen of him he is what we have been looking for since Kinsella left.

The most surprising thing to me is the price. Thought he would cost way more than a £150k. Given the money we have wasted in the last 2 years I am shocked that anyone does not think that this would be a deal worth doing.
  • edited May 2016
    Heard that he is a bit of a dressing-room clown. Once took an actual shit in somebody else's boot as a prank.
  • msomerton said:

So Roland is bringing in players before he has a new coach, I wonder what a British manger will make of being lumbered with players he had no say over.
    Any decent manager/coach would want to have final say over bringing in players to the team.

As has been mentioned by others, i highly doubt that Roland has ever even heard of this guy so i'm quite sure it's not a network signing.
  • Would be a good signing, young hungry and can score goals, akin to a Kinsella and Robinson type of player and how good were they for us!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I seem to recall that we were rumoured to be interested in him before the FA Cup game, so his completely OTT celebration in front of us seemed a bit odd...

12 goals in 44 matches in a relegated team is impressive, Callum would know him from his loan spell there, while Diarra might have played with him at West Ham?
  • Heard that he is a bit of a dressing-room clown. Once took an actual shit in somebody else's boot as a prank.

He then done so again and Charlton signed them up on a years loan, we know him as Simon Makienok.

• Where does Katrien keep her spare shoes?

Under Roly's bed.
  • According to Talksport Swindow are after George Moncur
  • I predict we'll be adding 'shit-shoe' George to this regime's list of bungled deals:

O'Grady
    Delort
    Henry
    Kermorgant
    Wilder
  • As he scores 20 goals for Northampton taking them to the play offs as we are relegated with -43 points.
  • Thought I was going mad , saw he'd signed on loan to Peterborough from Barnsley . Turns out he signed for the tykes in June and is already out on loan.

Very strange.
  • Heard that he is a bit of a dressing-room clown. Once took an actual shit in somebody else's boot as a prank.

buckshee said:

Thought I was going mad , saw he'd signed on loan to Peterborough from Barnsley . Turns out he signed for the tykes in June and is already out on loan.

Very strange.

Shame we didn't get him really, could have saved Roly a fortune in duct tape.

• buckshee said:

Thought I was going mad , saw he'd signed on loan to Peterborough from Barnsley . Turns out he signed for the tykes in June and is already out on loan.

Very strange.

That's very odd, wonder what's happened there.
  • Barnsley discovered he's an overrated lazy and all round bad influence and dropped him like a stone.