Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SLP: Charlton Athletic ready to move for George Moncur

southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117784&headline=Charlton%20Athletic%20ready%20to%20move%20for%20Colchester%20United%20star&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Scored against us in the Cup game, he celebrated overly-enthusiastically in front of us as I recall.

Still, hes a proven goal scorer in L1 so a good shout I think!

Comments

• Would be a good signing but we won't be without Championship competition.
  • So much for the new manager getting his targets in
  • Would be a good signing but we won't be without Championship competition.

We will be without Championship competition for this year, at least.
  • Good creative midfielder
  • Bye bye Jordan
  • He gave our fans loads at their place back in Jan.
  • Jarman said:

He gave our fans loads at their place back in Jan.

Good. He's got spunk.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

So much for the new manager getting his targets in

What if he has given a list and the process has begun ?
    Doubt it, this will be a JJ recommendation, he knows GM I believe as does Harriott and a couple of others. Doubt CW would give over a list before the deal has been done and confirmed, only takes something small for it to fall through and he's handed a Club a bit of a helper..
  • edited May 2016
    He can make big penetrating drives deep into the keepers area that leaves their defence feeling exposed.
  • He gets stuck in...
  • Decent player
  • Good build up play, but his finishing is all over the place
  • Good build up play, but his finishing is all over the place

Should fit in well.
  • Reckon we're all celebrating a bit too prematurely here
  • So Roland is bringing in players before he has a new coach, I wonder what a British manger will make of being lumbered with players he had no say over.
    Any decent manager/coach would want to have final say over bringing in players to the team.
  • msomerton said:

So Roland is bringing in players before he has a new coach, I wonder what a British manger will make of being lumbered with players he had no say over.
    Any decent manager/coach would want to have final say over bringing in players to the team.

Do you honestly think Roland or his laptop pals have had any part in identifying this player? Really?
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be happy with him, shouldn't be too expensive either.
  • Rob62 said:

msomerton said:

So Roland is bringing in players before he has a new coach, I wonder what a British manger will make of being lumbered with players he had no say over.

Do you honestly think Roland or his laptop pals have had any part in identifying this player? Really?
    So with no scouting system, no coach/manager in place who else but Roland and his crony's.
  • I have no idea whether this is a good potential signing or not, but who on earth is scouting the prospects? It intrigues me. Can't believe it is JJ, although might have some confidence if it was!
  • Good player! A Kinsella type signing and that went very well, I would welcome him
  • Reckon we're all celebrating a bit too prematurely here

Celebrating?
  • Peterborough, Swindon, MK Dons and Barnsley all interested in Moncur
  • Do we not think it's possible that the Wilder talks are very far along and they've already started looking at transfer targets? I get that this regime is extremely hard to even remotely trust but some of the 'negatives' people come up with on here just for the sake of it is unbelievable.

I take your point about the negatives, but they are the only thing to talk about at the moment, there are no positives that I can see.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Wow, George Moncur? The George Moncur. A key member of the fantastic Colchester squad that just got relegated to League 2. Season tickets will fly off the shelf.

Could say that about Gud being relegated with us to the mighty league one then...