Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ON THE PITCH!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Didn't make it to the pitch.

Couldn't have made the jump.
  • Options
    I supervised those in the West Stand who wanted to get onto the pitch.

Someone had to make the sacrifice in the blazing sun.
  • Options

Bottler!
  • Options
    No wonder we have such a poor home record.

It's so bloody difficult to get on the pitch, the team's knackered by kickoff!!!
  • Options

If you are going to go onto the pitch, fucking go onto the pitch. Stop singing about it, just do it.
    I was sat down in the corner by the sofa and no one there really had any personality to do it. When Burnley showed how it was done I thought, stop fannyng about and go. Grabbed someone on the stairs who proper shit himself and made a proper go,all the while he's saying no no no. Shock horror I broke through and was there. It wasnt that hard really.

Geeza
    Lol. Just so embarrassing really. I didn't really fancy going on myself, but the pretence of people making such a half hearted effort to go on the pitch around me just bugged too much

And as you well know, I am the BIGGEST FANNY there is, so if I can get on the pitch then it really can't be that hard
    Thanks for admitting that, Threadkiller !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

I managed to get on after a long, hard, hazardous journey. I had to go all the way along the lower covered end (from near the north west corner) out of the ground and then back into the family enclosure, then climb into the East stand over the barrier, all the way to the halfway line then finally jump over the gate where a steward was just standing there laughing at me.

I was so proud of myself the first thing I did was get to the centre circle to take a selfie to send to her indoors. Her reply was “fuck sake, aren’t you a bit old for that!!”.

All that effort and that was the reaction!

I was very pleased with myself anyway and I’m counting it as a victory!

exactly the same sort of reaction I got (not from your missus I hasten to add!). 4 of us did a group selfie, sent it to wife in a text. Response..
    "When are you going to grow up? What time will you be home? no doubt you're going drinking for the rest of the day"

Didn't bother replying and rolled in at gone 1am. Woke up to her standing over me - me fully clothed (inc footwear) strewn across the sofa...with the remains of a kebab. Although most of it was all over the floor...she's not leaving the house until it's cleaned up.

Am also told I awoke the entire household signing "Jose Riga, your input was meagre, piss of and manage in la liga" although I don't recall this.
    That's quite an accomplishment...
    I could have achieved anything yesterday.
  • Options
    Glad you didn't take the extra kids ticket @ricky_otto would have either put a dampener on your celebrations or probably more likely I'd have been in the same boat....
  • Options
    Although if if ended up in my ex's house with her shouting at me that would have been worse.
  • Options

I was told by a bonkers steward that all 2,000 people will be receiving 3yr bans, including the 4yr old girl on her dads shoulders.

Look forward to the banning order arriving at that Nursery.....

Can we appeal for an extension?
    In fifty years time how many 54 year olds will be boasting on this forum about being carried onto the pitch on their Dad's shoulders on the day that it came clear that Duchatelet was going to lose?
  • Options

I managed to get on after a long, hard, hazardous journey. I had to go all the way along the lower covered end (from near the north west corner) out of the ground and then back into the family enclosure, then climb into the East stand over the barrier, all the way to the halfway line then finally jump over the gate where a steward was just standing there laughing at me.

I was so proud of myself the first thing I did was get to the centre circle to take a selfie to send to her indoors. Her reply was “fuck sake, aren’t you a bit old for that!!”.

exactly the same sort of reaction I got (not from your missus I hasten to add!). 4 of us did a group selfie, sent it to wife in a text. Response..
    "When are you going to grow up? What time will you be home? no doubt you're going drinking for the rest of the day"

Didn't bother replying and rolled in at gone 1am. Woke up to her standing over me - me fully clothed (inc footwear) strewn across the sofa...with the remains of a kebab. Although most of it was all over the floor...she's not leaving the house until it's cleaned up.

Am also told I awoke the entire household singing "Jose Riga, your input was meagre, piss of and manage in la liga" although I don't recall this.
    It's bad enough that you arrived home out of your head, liberally distributing kebab as you went, but it's a bit unfair forcing your wife to stay in the house to clean it up...
  • Options
    After seeing the pictures and reading something I posted on FB today, my missus has given me the "Aren't you getting a bit old for that malarky? How long did it take you to get up off the car park floor? Your starting to sound like a terrorist?"
  • Options

Bottler!
    Not really. Too old and fat
  • Options

I was told by a bonkers steward that all 2,000 people will be receiving 3yr bans, including the 4yr old girl on her dads shoulders.

Was that the bald blue bib in the North East corner? When the floodgates burst and he was just saying to everyone "You're all getting your names taken, you're getting banned, all of you", to everyone, young and old, and we all just strolled past him laughing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Clearly the Head of Communications needs to explain to the stewards that Target 20K is the crowd we not to attract not the number of supporters we want to ban.
  • Options

Am also told I awoke the entire household singing "Jose Riga, your input was meagre, piss of and manage in la liga" although I don't recall this.
    It's bad enough that you arrived home out of your head, liberally distributing kebab as you went, but it's a bit unfair forcing your wife to stay in the house to clean it up...
    On the subject of getting grief from your missus, what kind of trouble must the bloke who made the decision to take his three kids to sit on the fan sofa be in today? Those kids must be scarred for life. Missiles flying over their heads for most of the game, then police blocking their view for the last ten minutes. Crazy.
  • Options

Bottler!
    He would have done, if they let him keep the cap off it.
  • Options
    Wasn't expecting the final whistle so early so was still around the middle of N Lower when the Burnley fans started getting on. Sprinted across the stand, managed to force open a gate with some other bloke and ended up awkwardly stood on the walkway bit infront of the east just as the stewards seemed to get the area under control. Saw the slightest gap and after a steward attempted to grab me managed to get away. Turned around to see about 20 others managed to get on with the gap I created.
  • Options
    Two shats ridiculous interview recently belittling the level of discontent was enough to incite a riot or at least a very public show of on pitch protest, he should bear some responsibility
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Hopefully you, and many others, can't recall this season........
  • Options

Glad you didn't take the extra kids ticket @ricky_otto would have either put a dampener on your celebrations or probably more likely I'd have been in the same boat....

I actually ended up with a spare kids ticket in the end, my son didn't want to go because his mate didn't go. Had he have been selfish and wanted to attend my day would have been ruined :wink:
  • Options

Did you get your leg over?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Did you get your leg over?
    if I did I don't think it was with my wife. Not sure how I managed to open the front door, so it's safe to say your suggestion was never really on the cards. It would have been the least memorable moment of her life.