Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So a colleague tried booking a ticket for Sat...

2»

Comments

• T said:

Jodaius said:

These are normal, sensible precautions taken at any game where the away end is likely to sell out. It's been the same way for years. Even my local non-league side, Braintree Town, are doing exactly the same thing for the Conference play-off semi-final on Sunday (and in that case, you can't buy at all on the day, even for ST holders).

This club is being badly managed from top to bottom, but if we start criticising every little decision, even when they are sensible, we will come across as petty and vindictive and the wider message will be lost.

Also I don't understand the issue with ST holders struggling to buy tickets- at the Brighton game (which had the same restrictions) I went straight to the ticket window, showed by ST, and was able to buy a ticket for my cousin with no further questions asked. The club is not going to refuse to sell to 7 year old girls accompanied by season ticket holders.

Except according to a Burnley supporting friend a load of Burnley fans have bought discounted tickets in the home ends through some armed forces programme the club support.

I'm A Red card holder living in Herts (granted it's a little further up north) and yes the club have declined to sell me a ticket for my 7yo daughter, but that's their prerogative. I see it as stupid. I'll watch it on the TV with the BBQ going. No skin off my nose.
    That'll be the 'tickets for troops' site then. Many sports clubs/theatres/concert venues/other sports venues across the UK offer a small amount of tickets, free of charge, to forces personnel through this site.

In order to qualify to 'purchase' tickets, you need a service number and be a member of the armed forces (they can check ID at the venue if required, but I never experienced them doing such when I was serving and got various tickets to events through the scheme). The tickets are free, the 'buyer' is asked to contribute the minimum of a fiver for each ticket; that money then goes to forces' charities.

If Burnley fans have got their hands on the tickets that Charlton offer at each home game, it will be because they are either in the forces or know someone who is. The website stipulates the tickets are in the 'home end'. From previous experience, they will be allocated in the East Stand, down towards the Jimmy Seed.

• 1. Millwall are sold out

Do they only open 2 stands now then?
  • Millwall are playing at Gillingham on Sunday
  • garfield said:

Millwall are playing at Gillingham on Sunday

Sidcup line should be fun on Monday then.

• When I rang to buy tickets for Leeds the woman mistakenly thought i wanted Burnley tickets and told me I wasn't allowed to have them even as a red card holder who has been going to matches since the mid eighties!
  • Silly thread. The restrictions are nothing to do with RD/KM. The tickets are on sale to S/T holders and red card holders only, to prevent the Burnley nut nuts, buying tickets in home areas, as they are sold out.

This practice quite rightly has been in place for what 20 years ?

All Charlton supporters should be aware of the scheme (unless they haven't been for 20 years).

PS Millwall isn't sold out, as they are away to Gillingham on Sunday.

PPS I agree the online ticket system is not fit for purpose.
  • Tried to buy 4 tickets today for friends. Was told I needed to provide name and date of birth for each person to avoid away fans getting into home areas. I questioned how a name and dob would help identify if the said person was from Burnley and was told by the telephone operator that they'd check with their supervisor #clueless
  • Silly thread. The restrictions are nothing to do with RD/KM. The tickets are on sale to S/T holders and red card holders only, to prevent the Burnley nut nuts, buying tickets in home areas, as they are sold out.

All Charlton supporters should be aware of the scheme (unless they haven't been for 20 years).

Simply not true. I have been buying at the ticket office for a long time - occasional online purchases - and have never been asked for ID or proof of loyalty (naming the 1998 play-off final side?) Last game I bought 'on the gate' was MK Dons (with wife) and before that Nottingham Forest. No questions, no problems.
  • Don't really get what people are struggling with here, it's quite simple really. You can't buy a ticket without a purchase history for very blindingly obvious reasons seeing as Burnley have not only sold out but are known to be a bit on the troublesome side. A Burnley fan wouldn't have purchase history and using the name and DoB they search your details, if you're on there you get a ticket, if not then then you won't. There are obviously downsides to it but every club does it and to blame it on KM/RD as much as I hate them is just stupid.
  • mogodon said:

Silly thread. The restrictions are nothing to do with RD/KM. The tickets are on sale to S/T holders and red card holders only, to prevent the Burnley nut nuts, buying tickets in home areas, as they are sold out.

Simply not true. I have been buying at the ticket office for a long time - occasional online purchases - and have never been asked for ID or proof of loyalty (naming the 1998 play-off final side?) Last game I bought 'on the gate' was MK Dons (with wife) and before that Nottingham Forest. No questions, no problems.
    Was the away end sold out for MK Dons match?
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't really get what people are struggling with here, it's quite simple really. You can't buy a ticket without a purchase history for very blindingly obvious reasons seeing as Burnley have not only sold out but are known to be a bit on the troublesome side. A Burnley fan wouldn't have purchase history and using the name and DoB they search your details, if you're on there you get a ticket, if not then then you won't. There are obviously downsides to it but every club does it and to blame it on KM/RD as much as I hate them is just stupid.

Even accepting that, I provided them with a shedload of 'evidence', which they asked for - season ticket receipts, ticket stubs, letters, share certificates - and still could not get anywhere. What happened to them perhaps using some common sense in view of that?
  • My dad popped down this morning and got a ticket for my sister to join us in the Lower West, as she did for the Brighton game. Really not sure what the issue is here. Sounds like we are moaning for the sake of it.

Do I take it the Spanners have sold out the toolbox for a beam back from Gillingham then??
  • mogodon said:

Silly thread. The restrictions are nothing to do with RD/KM. The tickets are on sale to S/T holders and red card holders only, to prevent the Burnley nut nuts, buying tickets in home areas, as they are sold out.

No questions, no problems. no away ends sold out, so home tickets not on restricted sale to S/T holders and Red Card holders, as has been the case since The Prem days.
  • edited May 2016
    TelMc32 said:

My dad popped down this morning and got a ticket for my sister to join us in the Lower West, as she did for the Brighton game. Really not sure what the issue is here. Sounds like we are moaning for the sake of it.

Do I take it the Spanners have sold out the toolbox for a beam back from Gillingham then??

Sounds to me that they don't really know what they are doing and are just selling tickets when they can be arsed. Have tried to get a ticket for somebody else and they want to know the ins and out of a ducks arse. Crazy really, the club will appoint any old c@@t as manager but won't sell a Charlton fan a ticket just incase he is a Burnley fan with a southern accent.
  • TelMc32 said:

My dad popped down this morning and got a ticket for my sister to join us in the Lower West, as she did for the Brighton game. Really not sure what the issue is here. Sounds like we are moaning for the sake of it.

My dad did have issues at the box office last week when trying to get additional lower west tickets on my season ticket so it appears some sort of common sense has now entered the NHS call centre
  • Are you telling me Ive flown 10,000 miles for this and I cant buy a ticket tomorrow???
  • well double that there are two of us...
  • edited May 2016

Ticket restrictions for this game are more to do with stopping Burnley fans buying tickets in the home ends. Reading their forum the stupid northern bastards believe that they are champions already and that the trophy will be presented at the Valley.

The "stupid northern bastards" have made us look what we are: cretinous incompetents with a staggering air of entitlement because we were in the premier league once farting around between L1 and the championship while they get on with the business of making their fans proud. CAFC are more scared of their own fans. They'd sell out the whole stadium to Burnley fans if they could.
  • Ive bought two tickets but not received my email with the downloads in. Tried downloading to my phone and it says error! Ticket office is closed untilcthe morning! They better give me my tickets!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    Not going to help many but I will have a spare kids season ticket for the lower west if that helps.

We will be around from early.
  • Not going to help many but I will have a spare kids season ticket for the lower west if that helps.

We will be around from early.

Previously posted a message needing a ticket. Person has now said they can't do it. So if it's stil available I'd be interested. Have inboxed you.