Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Burnley | Sat 07 May | 12:30pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

2»

Comments

• Can you buy tickets on the day?
  • edited May 2016
    I phoned the NHS call centre today for 2 tickets in lower West Stand, Block D near the dugouts/half way.

Was told that due to safety reasons and instructions by management that they were unable to sell me tickets in that area but could do upper West, East or North.
  • I phoned the NHS call centre today for 2 tickets in West Stand, Block D near the dugouts/half way.

Was told that due to safety reasons and instructions by management that they were unable to sell me tickets in that area but could do upper West, East or North.

Only at Charlton..
  • West upper above the directors box?
  • I've not got a prediction right all year.
    2-0 addicts
  • For some unfathomable reason, we are coming down from Glasgow for this. Protests had better be good ;-)
    Four years ago today was "Champions Day" - perhaps we should have seen the omens then?
    castrust.org/2016/05/burnley-beware-the-smurfs/
  • @ForeverAddickted Thanks for your work over the season.
  • Charlont v Burnley. Once, it was the highpoint of Charlton's history but, as KM is happy to tell us, history doesn't matter. So let's just focus on this being the current low point of Roland's ownership - our last game in the second tier for the foreseeable future.
  • A sad sad season comes to an end, I can only hope for changes and get on with supporting Charlton with the old enthusiasm.
  • @ForeverAddickted Thanks for your work over the season.

I'll 2nd that. Top stuff @ForeverAddickted
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016

I've not got a prediction right all year

Same here mate

• I've not got a prediction right all year.
    2-0 addicts

Then you should be saying 0-2 to Burnley
  • Thanks FA for your match previews, I have enjoyed them.

We'll be at the Valley on Saturday so players marks might go up a little late. Leaving home at 7a.m. for our lower west seats purchased a couple of weeks ago

3-1 the Addicks
  • @lancashire lad are you a hard or a soft marker? Fantastic you can make it
  • I usually mark lower than most, my system is that I first mark the game itself then each player against the overall mark
  • So a fairly hard marker then unless we have a good game by fluke.

Not marking against a barca standard.

For the unfortunately small number of games I may see next season if current management carries on, I think I'm going to adopt a start point of 6 for good with plus points for the win/influence and negative points for a personal sub-par effort.
  • So a fairly hard marker then unless we have a good game by fluke.

Not marking against a barca standard.

For the unfortunately small number of games I may see next season if current management carries on, I think I'm going to adopt a start point of 6 for good with plus points for the win/influence and negative points for a personal sub-par effort.

I try to use a base of 6. I feel like I tend to give high marks, though the matches I've been able to have input on--Rotherham, Boro, and Brighton--contained two of the better performances and one halfway decent performance. I did give give Motta a 4 and Fanni a 2 against Brighton, which might have been a bit harsh.

Have we ever considered unifying the standards by providing guidelines in some form or another? Just curious.
  • SD - no way as we all see it differently and we all think our marking method is the right one, but no more on marking as this is the preview thread

apologies FA
  • Same as least season against AFCB
    3-0 Defeat
  • Sponsored links:

• Depends where you go sticking your finger i suppose...
  • Miserable end to a miserable season 0-2
  • Many thanks for the illuminating previews......always a good read
  • My cricket match got called off and I nearly sodding had to go to this

Fortunately I got the call - I'm umpiring for the 1sts
  • Stephen Henderson, Reza Ghoochannejhad and Cristian Ceballos have all began running outside again but are unlikely to be involved. Chris Solly is also doubtful after suffering with tendinitis.

Good to see Stephen Henderson is running outside again after his finger injury!

Reza managed 20 paces before collapsing and claiming a free kick
  • Glad the season is nearly over. Bit sad that Banstead Jr is not choosing which Charlton shirt to wear but instead is proudly wearing his grim reaper costume again!!!?? The times we live in. 3-0 Burnley and the summer can begin!!!
  • So this is it. Last game of the season and after 45 years of supporting my club I bought a season ticket for Salisbury City FC yesterday. Steve Claridge is the manager there doing amazing things. 10 minutes down the road , a drink with the players after the game and a club that is a REAL part of its community. RIP addicks. I will see the Valley again when we are both in the Conference or when the Whites catch up in League 2.
  • So, the day is upon us. Farewell charlton till the scum depart. Really can't be bothered to go but will if only to have a last curse at big nose and to say cheerio to my seat (I'm funny like that) and to the guys whose company I've enjoyed. You only need to read a few other threads around here to realise that some things are more important than all this but I feel genuinely angry and robbed. Mr Duchatelet, I'm at the stage in life where I really don't whish a fellow human being any harm but you sir are unique (meaning "c@@t"). Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
  • Thank god for insomnia. For some reason I thought this was tomorrow. Just woke up and happened to check FB and saw the "Game Day" post from the Official Site. DSetermined it's on BeIn Sports (anyone in the US who wants to watch it streaming can shoot me a PM). Now it's time for my cuppa to wake up.