Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's to go, who's to stay?

Comments

• The elephant in the room is the strong chance that some players will be offloaded/loaned/sold cheaply to another club in RD's stable....... I expect suspect that this process has already started

If Charlton can't afford them or they don't want to stay then there's no chance of any of the other Network clubs affording or attracting them. That's not going to happen.

• Looking with th players mentioned on here. I genuinely forgot that they will still Charlton players Poyet, Cellabos, Pigott and Ansah.

Poyet?
  • Looking with th players mentioned on here. I genuinely forgot that they will still Charlton players Poyet, Cellabos, Pigott and Ansah.

Poyet?
    I know. I completely forgot about him.

I should have said forgot they were at the club.
  • Poyet will simply go back to Wham
  • I think their answer to this question will be the deciding factor in people renewing or not. They have players on long contracts and RD is the wealthiest owner we've ever had, so they could keep Kashi, Teixeira, Bauer and Diarra, even Watt since he's out injured until September; as well as Pope, Solly, Cousins, Jackson and Harriott, and give themselves a good chance of winning the league. This is what they're going to have to do to get me to renew our STs, so it looks as though I won't be renewing.
  • edited May 2016
    The likes of Kashi, Bauer, Teixera, Watt, Bergdich, Sarr & Vetokele will all to end up on loans abroad with a view to permanent deals if they impress.

The only current first team players I expect to see in our line up at the start of the new season, assuming we are stuck with the current ownership are Pope, Fox, Harriott and Jackson.
  • Jackson yes, the others, much less sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• The likes of Kashi, Bauer, Teixera, Watt, Bergdich, Sarr & Vetokele will all to end up on loans abroad with a view to permanent deals if they impress.

The only current first team players I expect to see in our line up at the start of the new season, assuming we are stuck with the current ownership are Pope, Fox, Harriott and Jackson.

Teixera is different than the rest of that list. He's come in to a struggling club, in a new country, and immediately hit the ground running, improving our defence AND playing every game without any injury problems. I can imagine many Championship clubs being interested in him
  • The likes of Kashi, Bauer, Teixera, Watt, Bergdich, Sarr & Vetokele will all to end up on loans abroad with a view to permanent deals if they impress.

Teixera is different than the rest of that list. He's come in to a struggling club, in a new country, and immediately hit the ground running, improving our defence AND playing every game without any injury problems. I can imagine many Championship clubs being interested in him
    Teixera is on high wages, isn't he? Can't see him taking a pay drop and can't see NightMeire footing that bill in League One. Shame, he's done alright.
  • Scoham said:

I think their answer to this question will be the deciding factor in people renewing or not. They have players on long contracts and RD is the wealthiest owner we've ever had, so they could keep Kashi, Teixeira, Bauer and Diarra, even Watt since he's out injured until September; as well as Pope, Solly, Cousins, Jackson and Harriott, and give themselves a good chance of winning the league. This is what they're going to have to do to get me to renew our STs, so it looks as though I won't be renewing.

They'd rather break even and see Konsa, THD and Umerah etc get 20+ games each. They'll underestimate the division and overestimate the squad as before. Come September the squad will look 2/3 players short, same as the last two years.
    I'm afraid that's what I expect them to do. It's a 'no' from me.

Teixera is on high wages, isn't he? Can't see him taking a pay drop and can't see NightMeire footing that bill in League One. Shame, he's done alright.
    Surely, for a good CEO, this is the time when your negotiating skills come to the fore, and maybe you offer a promotion bonus to try to entice the better players to stay. Tehn again, we;ve got Katrien.

• Johnson will be here next season too as knowing our great negotiation team I expect his wage is much better then he will get from any other club.
  • Whoever goes please please please get rid of Fox. He has been crap all season and he has cost us so many points through bad defending. He should hang his head in shame following relegation.
    I will personally drive him to his new club if anyone is daft enough to take him.

Surely, for a good CEO, this is the time when your negotiating skills come to the fore, and maybe you offer a promotion bonus to try to entice the better players to stay. Tehn again, we;ve got Katrien.

Teixera will be one of the easiest players to sell. He wouldn't have left SL to play in the English 3rd tier, and will be on decent wages. His track record suggests that he's unlikely to want to stick around anyway

2005–2006 Casa Pia 30 (3)
    2006–2007 Odivelas 23 (1)
    2007–2008 Fátima 18 (0)
    2008 Atromitos 17 (1)
    2009 AEP 12 (0)
    2009–2010 Maccabi Haifa 27 (1)
    2010–2014 Zürich 92 (8)
    2013 → Siena (loan) 9 (0)
    2014–2016 Standard Liège 35 (4)
    2016– Charlton Athletic 10 (1)

• Of the first XI and others around it, this is my view....

Going....

Gudmonssen
    Henderson
    Bauer
    Kashi
    Texeira
    Diarra
    Lookman
    Vetokele
    Makienok
    Fanni

Staying.....

Cousins
    Jackson
    Solly
    Fox
    Harriott
    Lennon

Who else can you ad to the list?

I agree with those leaving but would add Cousins, Solly and Harriott all to go too. Brand new squad to take us to League 2, yay!!
  • Duchatelet will do this:

Jackson to Millwall
    Solly to Gillingham
    JBG to Palace
    Kashi to Millwall
    Texeira to Bolton
    Diarra to Wigan
    Lookman to Palace
    Vetokele to St Truiden
    Makienok to the Harlem Globetrotters
    Harriot to Millwall
    Cousins to Burton
  • edited May 2016
    Going:

Henderson
    Solly
    Fanni
    Motta
    Gudmundsson
    Lookman
    Tex
    Cousins
    Ba
    Sarr
    Johnson
    Ceballos
    Bergdich
    Diarra
    Vetokele
  • Sponsored links:

• The elephant in the room is the strong chance that some players will be offloaded/loaned/sold cheaply to another club in RD's stable....... I expect suspect that this process has already started

If Charlton can't afford them or they don't want to stay then there's no chance of any of the other Network clubs affording or attracting them. That's not going to happen.

You may be right but what about STVV?
  • Jackson will stay, who else will they roll out at the bi-seasonal shit hits the fan meeting

When are they expecting to announce the head of recruitment September?
  • Diarra will go to China or somewhere similar for a final pay day
  • Will someone take a chance on Watt, or wait and see how he goes after injury, which means January sale
  • Of the first XI and others around it, this is my view....

Going....

Gudmonssen
    Henderson
    Bauer
    Kashi
    Texeira
    Diarra
    Lookman
    Vetokele
    Makienok
    Fanni

Staying.....

Cousins
    Jackson
    Solly
    Fox
    Harriott
    Lennon

Who else can you ad to the list?

I make you right on that list, which basically rips apart our first team.

It's going to be a long hard season for us fans.

Teixera will be one of the easiest players to sell. He wouldn't have left SL to play in the English 3rd tier, and will be on decent wages. His track record suggests that he's unlikely to want to stick around anyway

2005–2006 Casa Pia 30 (3)
    2006–2007 Odivelas 23 (1)
    2007–2008 Fátima 18 (0)
    2008 Atromitos 17 (1)
    2009 AEP 12 (0)
    2009–2010 Maccabi Haifa 27 (1)
    2010–2014 Zürich 92 (8)
    2013 → Siena (loan) 9 (0)
    2014–2016 Standard Liège 35 (4)
    2016– Charlton Athletic 10 (1)

Seems the fella likes a signing on fee.
  • Staying
    Sarr, Jackson, Ba, Lennon, KAG, RCC, Johnson, Mitov, Phillips,

Going
    JBG, Makienok, Lookman, Solly, Suk-Young, Diarra, Fox, Pope, Harriott, THD, Bergdich, Henderson, Poyet, Ceballos, Reza, Watt, Sanogo, Motta, Fanni, Cousins, Bauer, Tex, Vet

Blackpool, we are only a season behind you.
  • edited May 2016
    Staying

Pope
    Lennon
    Sarr----ffs !
    Fox
    THD
    Jackson
    Harriet
    Piggot
    Grant
    Kennedy
    Cook
    Mitov

Sold
    JBG
    Watt
    Lookman
    Buer
    Henderson
    Cousins
    Kashi
    Tex

£4million the lot -- lucky to see anything put back into the team

All the others free transfers

Outside chance Tex ,Kashi ,Buer, Diarra will stay depending on the manager and what they see are the prospects next season

Don't hold your breath

• Rojo got an 18 month deal so he ain't going anywhere. And as for transfer fees for current players I will be amazed if we get any money for them considering what happened to Kermo and Morrison. More than likely to get Boots vouchers than money.