Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC preparing for onslaught vs Burnley

Comments

• Options
    There is going to be a large police presence and even more stewards than before. Sky and FL do not want this game abandoned under any circumstances. Even if Burnley win the league on the day the trophy will not be presented at the Valley.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

You know, I really don't get what they hope to gain from going to war with the supporters.

I'm not sure they even see it like that, it's panic time and those at the top aren't equipped to have a cool head during all this heat.

They can't appoint a decent manager and let them get on with the playing side so the running of the non playing side is way beyond their skill set.

They realise there is very little they can do but probably are getting grief from the league so have to try something.

Id be surprised if they closed the lower north completely...... Then again maybe I wouldn't. Let's see if the ticket booking site comes up today.

• Options

To me this suggests everyone should just transfer to the lower West. Hostile environment around the directors box. Plenty of access to the pitch to trow things. Who is with me?!

You can't seem to purchase tickets for the Lower West either at the moment...!
  • Options

To me this suggests everyone should just transfer to the lower West. Hostile environment around the directors box. Plenty of access to the pitch to trow things. Who is with me?!

The 2%
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

You can't seem to purchase tickets for the Lower West either at the moment...!
    Shit I haven't got my tickets yet.
  • Options
    Are they only allowing fans in the top tiers?! What a joke.
  • Options
    There is still plenty of time to go before anything is finalised but the FL are putting pressure on and the totally incompetent regime are likely to just do as they are told to protect the match going ahead on time and to a full conclusion on the day. To be fair there is a problem with Burnley fans trying to get tickets in the home ends which could lead to some trouble if things get nasty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There must be Season Ticket Holders in this area though.

Have any been contacted (like with the Bournemouth game) where they're being asked to sit elsewhere?
  • Options
    @insideaddick - who are you? :smile:
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Is it Mandy?
  • Options

iamdan said:

Is it Mandy?
    No, she wouldn't realise that we are called 'addicks' and include it in her user name!
  • Options

iamdan said:

Is it Mandy?
    No, she wouldn't realise that we are called 'addicks' and include it in her user name!
    She would probably comment, it not appear, and then blame the internet for not showing it rather than the fact she is an utter moron.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

perhaps insideaddick is in a very loving relationship with someone who works at the club, hence the username.

Sue Parkes?!!
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

iamdan said:

Is it Mandy?
    She would probably comment, it not appear, and then blame the internet for not showing it rather than the fact she is an utter moron.
    She wouldn't be a very reliable mole either, given her penchant for misinterpretating.
  • Options
    Maybe they are the little alien that works the controls in Roly's head?

Inside a dick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the paranoid conspiracy theory (meaning cunning security arrangements) that we all believe to be true is true, I would think that it is likely to increase the likelihood of "trouble".

Not only will the fans customers be more irate, but the use of the trademark beach balls/balloons would be curtailed, making it more likely, rather then less, that more solid projectiles (squash balls, bouncing balls: https://amazon.co.uk/SUPER-FOOTBALL-BOUNCING-BALLS-PACK/dp/B00NDT03CK/ref=sr_1_48?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1461829954&sr=1-48&keywords=bouncing+balls or https://amazon.co.uk/Pack-12-Crossbones-Bouncing-Fillers/dp/B00AJNM9O8/ref=sr_1_15?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1461830095&sr=1-15&keywords=bouncing+balls, for example - though the second link are very small, apparently, and, one would imagine, would be difficult to clear off a pitch, which would be terrible) would be used.
  • Options
    Think I'll buy a ticket just behind the directors box given that it's more than 6 rows from the front.
  • Options
    I get a runtime error every time I try and buy tickets. Website down? A coincidence or another tactic.
  • Options
    Accepting that the club is currently being run by pond life, did you really expect them to take no avoidance action? As others have said, they probably had little choice anyway.

Just means the protests will need to be even more creative!
  • Options
    All people (thousands?) with ST's who aren't going can offer there voucher to others. This has been done in recent times even when things were ok. New thread perhaps?
  • Options

What are people's Frisbee skills like? Great from the North or West Upper!

Foldable ones are available - although probably not as cheap as stress balls/mini bouncing balls?

http://www.amtmarketing.com/promotional-outdoor/uk-stock-foldable-frisbee/3456/details.aspx