Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell on Football League Tonight NOW - Channel 5

2»

Comments

• Just watched those 2 interviews, thanks for posting them HSS, CP hits the nail on the head and says it how it is, it shows how much we need rid of this vermin, they are destroying everything we know and love about the club.
  • Interviews wont play for me - even hiding my IP address.
  • @Oakster you are right of course, some didn't like him, some thought he was god, as for me he was a competent manager that did a job, but you couldn't fault his love of the club. PL 54, Colin, et al, were just idiots and look what they got us..relegated back from where CP got us out of....what a pile shit its time for RD to understand that his foreign imports are not good enough.

Not sure I agree with this Red. At the time, I was also one of those who thought it was time for CP to go and I still think it was the right decision, at the time. Although I'd obviously say that EVERY decision since then has been 'questionable' (Apart from all the sackings), but who was to know back then what the following 2 years or so would hold? It ain't nothing personal against CP, I think he is a great bloke and maybe under a new owner, it would be good to see him have another crack
  • Dave2l said:

It's heart breaking watching Chris Powell say it like it is.

For people that watched the show, did Chris Iwelumo have any kind of input on our situation?

No but then all questions were directed at Powell. He did nod along quite obviously to the points Powell was making though.
  • Just when you think it isn't possible to love that man any more.
  • Chris Kamara was just very nice about the protest yesterday on Goals on Sunday. Right at the top of the show.
  • Oakster said:

He seemed very emotional, he is a geezer who still loves Charlton...many didn't like his style of football, but he got us out of League 1, perhaps given the chance and the backing he could do it again, but if not Chris, the for christ's sake Roland get a BRITISH team around you, you old fool. I think you are about 7 years or so older than me, I would love to meet you face to face and tell you what I think, but you sir are a coward.

I think some went overboard with their love for Powell, the vast majority of reasonable minded folk who must have seen that he was a very good man manager & perhaps tactically as a young manager was still learning his trade. To paraphrase the famous words of Meire - every season under Powell was an improvement until that disastrous preseason when he was denied the opportunity to kick on with the squad that had finished 8th. Even then it was Powell's team & his coaching staff that kept us up in the end.

Then there were the likes of Colin1961, some bloke from Sheffield I recall, PL54 & a few others who for some reason just hated him - that reason i can only guess at - but why you would hate Powell I do not know.

I'd have Powell back in a heartbeat.
    The people who say that hated him, don't really. Just after a reaction from others. Colin probably has a shirt with Jackson 4 on the back and more than likely brown noses him.

In all seriousness, what real Charlton supporter could have a bad word to say about Powell, Jackson and Solly?

I pity people that just post to wind people up. It's pretty sad.
    There are some very sad peoplein this world. They like the attention - good or bad. Our owner may be one of them!
  • Sponsored links:

• The graphic, in the second clip, with the win % of the various managers under the regime, nicely highlighted just how poor we've been over the last two years. Grim viewing, indeed.
  • For those who need a daily dose to fend off cold turkey, CP is on Sky Sports News from 10am today (25th April).
  • Just watched it on My5. Reasoned arguments from a man who obviously cares. Good nodding in agreement at the right points by Iwelumo.
  • Chris Kamara was just very nice about the protest yesterday on Goals on Sunday. Right at the top of the show.

Bumped into him in the west stand car park just as we were leaving the protest.

"Protest? Is it? I don't know, Jeff?"