Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell on Football League Tonight NOW - Channel 5

About to discuss our game.

Put it in the other thread but you might miss it if you don't open that one.

Comments

• Passion from SCP.
  • Grim viewing.
  • Huge man love!!!!
  • Great coverage of protests including the directors box scenes
  • Him mentioning the PE consortium and that RD was in the country at least gives a little bit of weight to the rumours
  • Sponsored links:

• I certainly didn't think he was the best manager in the world and he had his faults - but at the moment the club is dying and frankly if he provided a bit of 'real Charlton' to help us fall back in love with the club again then I am all for it.
  • @Oakster you are right of course, some didn't like him, some thought he was god, as for me he was a competent manager that did a job, but you couldn't fault his love of the club. PL 54, Colin, et al, were just idiots and look what they got us..relegated back from where CP got us out of....what a pile shit its time for RD to understand that his foreign imports are not good enough.
  • Oakster said:

He seemed very emotional, he is a geezer who still loves Charlton...many didn't like his style of football, but he got us out of League 1, perhaps given the chance and the backing he could do it again, but if not Chris, the for christ's sake Roland get a BRITISH team around you, you old fool. I think you are about 7 years or so older than me, I would love to meet you face to face and tell you what I think, but you sir are a coward.

I'd have Powell back in a heartbeat.
    This
  • He was and remains proper Charlton.

no such thing as a perfect manager but for Charlton, the level of support Powell, backed with a few quid, would get from nearly all the supporters during the rebuild phase has to be worth a good few points.

I hope he gets the chance to try again and soon.

This all day long
  • Oakster said:
    Goosebumps. Where did it all go wrong? :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:
    Wow, went to Brentford this season for the Sayanoho show and they couldn't have built that Brentford away endto make more noise but that is different gravy.

• Oakster said:
    When you watch things like this, it shows how much Roland has lost. If only he had kept us on his side, we could have made a real impact given his cash.

He had the brain power of those in CARD and the passion as seen above. Yet he lost it all and now he is fighting against it and loosing.

• That sneer and shake of the head from Meire....grrrrrrr......the woman makes my blood boil. Difficult to hate someone you've never met, but I truly despise her.

Totally....That image is now seared into my mind.....self righteous twat.
  • It's heart breaking watching Chris Powell say it like it is.

For people that watched the show, did Chris Iwelumo have any kind of input on our situation?
  • That sneer and shake of the head from Meire....grrrrrrr......the woman makes my blood boil. Difficult to hate someone you've never met, but I truly despise her.

Surely at some point KM will think "fuck this, I don't need this shit every week" and go somewhere else. The shake of the head looked like someone who is reaching this point.
  • Dave2l said:

It's heart breaking watching Chris Powell say it like it is.

For people that watched the show, did Chris Iwelumo have any kind of input on our situation?

No!
  • edited April 2016
    Dave2l said:

It's heart breaking watching Chris Powell say it like it is.

I haven't seen it as of yet but he's been on the show several times before and has never said anything about us. Probably still in shock that he was our top striker that season with us, I know I am after just looking it up on Wikipedia.