Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton Athletic v Brighton and Hove Albion

your marks please:

Pope -
Motta -
Fanni -
Teixeira -
Fox -
Gudmundsson -
Diarra -
Cousins -
Harriott -
Lookman -
Vetokele -
Lennon -

Sanogo n/a
Makienok n/a

Comments

• Pope - 6.5
    Motta - 6
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 6.5
    Fox - 5
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Diarra - 6.5
    Cousins - 5.5
    Harriott - 5
    Lookman - 5.5
    Vetokele - 5
    Lennon - 5.5
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016
    Pope - 6.5 - Not at fault for goals, couple of errors but some good stops. Starting to look a decent keeper. Will be fine for league one
    Motta - 6
    Fanni - 6 - Moving Fanni out to right back after getting knee clipped was dumb
    Teixeira -6 - Steady
    Fox - 6 - decent cross late on, did job mostly apart from first Brighton goal shambles. Ok for league one
    Gudmundsson - 7 - scored goal, showed quality & some desire
    Diarra - 6.5 - steady, will miss him when he leaves
    Cousins - 6.5 - Did Ok with Diarra against decent Brighton midfield
    Harriott - 6 - played forward but lacked a bit of quality, ok for league one
    Lookman - 6.5 - Not always the right decisions but shows attacking quality
    Vetokele - 5.5 - Didn't notice him much
    Lennon - 6 - will be ok for league one

Sanogo n/a - didn't acheive much
    Makienok n/a - had no impact and behind pace. Have good flight back to Italy

League one players that will be in league one - Pope, Cousins, Harriott and Lennon

Riga - Looked dejected, will be on his way. Not sure why he put an injured Fanni at right back against quick Brighton left winger - result penalty.

Meire - alternately grim, thinking about something else not on pitch, only brightened up when flare came onto pitch so she could shake her head. Totally clueless & classless.

Edit - shaking head and automatic grin and shake of the head was against the excellent supporters confronting the directors box.
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 6
    Fanni - 8
    Teixeira - 7
    Fox - 6
    Gudmundsson - 6
    Diarra - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Harriott - 6
    Lookman - 6
    Vetokele - 4
    Lennon - 6
  • edited April 2016
    Watched on my LEGAL stream through BeIn Sports' US feed :D. Had no commentary which was lovely.

Pope - 7 Not at fault for the goals. Dropped a couple crosses but was fouled both times. Couple miskicks, but I remain impressed. Whenever he gets the ball his head is up straight away looking to distribute. Still only 24.

Motta - 4 - It's not for lack of ability, but he was all over the place today. On the ball he seems to always want an extra second, which I can understand being newish to the league but the number of times he got sucked out of position for a player who has played for Juve and Roma is unacceptable.

Fanni - 2 - Oh dear. Not his day. I didn't even see the pen as my stream ended due to all the stoppages. He was caught flat footed on a number of ocassions, and Pope made a good save to bail him out one time. Looked a bit more comfortable at Right Back. I still rate him, but when you're 34(ish) and reliant more and more on your reading of the game you'll have bad weeks.

Teixeira - 7.5 - Oozes class. Always looks calm and assured. Perhaps could have done a bit better for the goal but it came at him fast and he was in own goal territory. Suspect it's the last I'll see of him in a Charlton shirt and he'll be sorely missed.

Fox - 6.5 - Solid. Put in a good cross that Johann just blazed over. Passing still needs work, but he looks a solid Championship left back.

Gudmundsson - 8 - MOTM. His technique and positioning means he always has an extra half second and half yard. He has a knack of popping up in the right place at the right time, which is how he fired into the side netting in the first half, got his goal, then ghosted in and just fired over from Fox's cross in the 82nd. Definitely the last I've seen of him in a Charlton shirt, and I for one will miss him badly. Class player, and I don't think he gets the credit for his work rate that he deserves. Remember him starting a counter attack on the edge of his own area.

Diarra - 7.5 - Again, pure class, and the last I've seen of him for Charlton. He is probably the slowest play on the pitch, and yet I would have loved to have had some OptaLL stats about how many second/loose balls and interceptions he makes. His passing is firm and assured on both feet and you can't knock him off the ball.

Cousins - 7 - Ran around a lot. Gave the ball away far too often, another time I could have used OptaLL was 60 minutes in for pass completion rate. Something I'm noticing about him is he's increasingly taking up better attacking positions, finding those little pockets of space, and having the technique and confidence to turn and get at players. He's still raw but has definitely grown into himself in the second half of the season. Lovely assist.

Harriott - 6 - Saw him up front with Igor in a similar 4-4-1-1 last time I was at The Valley last year and found him incredibly frustrating. Today I thought he was far better, worked harder, took up better positions, and found space and threatened with his pace. Still lacks the final ball and decision making but he is ~21 and there is time to learn and refine that. Credit to him for never stopping.

Lookman - 6 - Much the same as above. His decision making wasn't great and he often ran down blind alleys, but he's 18 and he has all the tools to be quite good.

Vetokele - 5 - Fed on scraps and couldn't do much with it. Three games in a week just after almost a year without consistent football and fitness showed. Lacks confidence most of all I suspect (both in his footballing ability and his ability to stay fit). He will be badly missed as well.

Lennon - Defended well, seems to have a decent first touch, needs to work on his distribution.

Sanogo n/a
    Makienok n/a

Simon Clark - 9 - I'm not one who believes that coaches need to be constantly talking and shouting during the match, but he did and he did it well. Was constantly giving little tactical pointers to players while encouraging them as well. Really hope he stick around, think he could be quite good.

• Pope - 6
    Motta - 4.5
    Fanni - 5.5
    Teixeira - 6
    Fox - 5
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Diarra - 6.5
    Cousins - 6
    Harriott - 5
    Lookman - 5.5
    Vetekole - 5
    Lennon - 4.5

Sanogo n/a
    Makienok n/a
  • Pope 6
    Motta 5
    Fox 5
    Fanni 6.5
    Tex 6
    Cousins 6.5
    Diarra 7
    JBG 6
    Harriott 5.5
    Lookman 6
    Vetokele 4
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 5.5
    Fanni - 7.5
    Teixeira - 7
    Fox - 5
    Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Diarra - 8
    Cousins - 7
    Harriott - 5
    Lookman - 5
    Vetokele - 4
    Lennon 6
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 6
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 5.5
    Fox - 6
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Diarra - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Harriott - 4.5
    Lookman - 5.5
    Vetokele - 4
    Lennon - 6
  • Pope - 7 Nick, after the early season howlers has come back strong.
    Motta - 6 average defender, better going forward.
    Fanni - 6 better than Sarr or Johnson !
    Teixeira -6 steady player
    Fox -6.5 the usual mixed bag of good, bad and the ugly.
    Gudmundsson - 7 one of his better game this season.
    Diarra -6. a class player who always gives 100%
    Cousins -6.5 a great trier who's passing lets him down
    Harriott - 5.5 improved since Loan but still look short of Champ quality.
    Lookman -5.5 some good skill but final ball lets him down at moment.
    Vetokele - 4.5 didn't notice him.
    Lennon - 5.5 could be a decent League 1 CB
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton fans 10
    Brighton fans 9
    The game 2
    Katrien Meire 0
    Roland Duchatelet n/a - you have to be at least one game during the season to score
  • Pope - 6 Some poor clearances + some vital saves. Confusing mixture. Not sure about him. Possibly only a good League One 'keeper? (Which we'll need now!)
    Motta - 7 Lively, creative.
    Teixeira - 7 Very sound
    Fanni - 7 Really very good. Shame he's 34 and only on loan.
    Fox - 7 Best I've seen him.
    Gudmundsson - 7 Some poor touches. Some good runs. Scored our goal. Destined to leave in a few weeks time.
    Diarra - 8 Great performance. Deserves to be captain. Like Fanni, shame he is 34.
    Cousins - 7 Good game.
    Harriott - 7 Best I've seen him. Why is it that only Riga can get this out of him?
    Lookman - 6 Quiet game. Seems to have faded since his brilliant start. Still time to come good, though. On the other hand Brighton did get 2 men on him in seconds every time he got the ball.
    Vetokele - 5 Easily marked out and usually out jumped. I wouldn't keep him.

Lennon - 6 OK.
    Sanogo - n/a
    Makienok - n/a

Jose Riga - Has done his best in chaotic circumstances. Hope he sticks around, whatever others may say (at present). We need some stability.
    Simon Clark - Interesting choice as First Team Coach. Lots of League One experience as a player and - like Riga - good at getting people fit. Hope he sticks around.
  • watched on stream

Pope - 7 another performance that shows he's improving. if he gets the aerial stuff right he will become a pretty good goalie.
    Motta - 5
    Fanni - 5 did ok for spells but was at fault for two goals and it could of been worse.
    Teixeira - 6 strangely he was a bit weak today. let forwards push him away
    Fox - 6
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Diarra - 7.5 class player
    Cousins - 7.5 spirit in this lad is what I want from every player who puts on that shirt.
    Harriott - 6 some skilful moments but like lookman over played it and lost the ball too many times.
    Lookman - 6
    Vetokele - 4
    Lennon - 5

Sanogo - 3
    Makienok n/a
  • The game was irrelevant. The real marks
    Charlton fans 9.99 - a few idiots who still think RD is a saviour
    Brighton fans 10 - absolutely fantastic, overcome by their support for us
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 6
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 6
    Fox - 6
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Diarra - 7
    Cousins - 6
    Harriott - 6
    Lookman - 6
    Vetokele - 5
    Lennon - 6
  • edited April 2016
    dammit CL doesn't allow balloon emojis
  • Pope - 7 Hope he stays, CAFC no 1
    Motta - 5 Annonymous.
    Fanni - 4 Poor today.
    Teixeira - 6 steady.
    Fox - 6 improving and more consistent.
    Gudmundsson - 7 Best showing of the season. Too late son. F*€k off now.
    Diarra - 7.5 Quality pro.
    Cousins - 6 enthusiasm exceeds his ability.
    Harriott - 5 one trick pony.
    Lookman - 6 struggled to make impact
    Vetokele - 4 poor again today
    Lennon - 5 didn't notice him
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 4
    Fanni - 7
    Teixeira - 6
    Fox - 6
    Gudmundsson - 8
    Diarra - 7.5
    Cousins - 6
    Harriott - 5
    Lookman - 6.5
    Vetekole - 5
    Lennon - 5

Sanogo n/a
    Makienok n/a
  • Pope 6
    Motta 5.5
    Fanni 6
    Teixiera 6
    Fox 6
    Gudmunddson 7.5
    Diarra 6.5
    Cousins 6
    Harriott 5.5
    Lookman 5.5
    Vetokele 5.5
    Lennon 5.5
  • Pope - 6.5 some good saves, acn't really blame him for the goals
    Motta - 5.5 good going forward, but not always so good defensively
    Fanni - 6 thought he did well until he picked up the knock.
    Teixeira - 6.5
    Fox - 6 not great but I am enjoying his new "up for it" attitude
    Gudmundsson - 7.5 good today, committed, playing for a move but who cares anymore
    Diarra - 7
    Cousins - 6.5
    Harriott -6 poor first half, better second
    Lookman - 6
    Vetokele - 5.5
    Lennon - 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Pope - 6.5
    Motta - 6
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 6
    Fox - 5.5
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Diarra - 7
    Cousins - 6.5
    Harriott - 6
    Lookman - 6
    Vetokele - 5.5
    Lennon - 6

Sanogo n/a
    Makienok n/a
  • Pope - 6
    Motta - 6
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 6
    Fox - 6
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Diarra - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Harriott - 5
    Lookman - 5.5
    Vetokele - 5
    Lennon - 6
  • Pope - 7
    Motta - 4, if he can play for Italy so can I
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 6
    Fox - 5.5
    Gudmundsson - 6
    Diarra - 6.5
    Cousins - 5.5
    Harriott - 5.5
    Lookman -6
    Vetokele - 4.5
    Lennon - 5
  • Fumbluff said:

Motta - 4, if he can play for Italy so can I

I can guess at a subtle flaw in your argument...
  • edited April 2016
    Pope - 6.5 - Kicking, ball control not there yet but has come on massively. Could have a great career
    Motta - 5 yawn
    Fanni - 6 - OK
    Teixeira -6 - OK
    Fox - 6 - OK
    Gudmundsson - 7 - danferous
    Diarra - 7 - calm and skilful
    Cousins - 6.5 - If he improved the consistency of his passing by 10%, he could go very far
    Harriott - 6 - ineffective, but battled away
    Lookman - 6.5 - Not his best, but you can se there is a great player in there
    Vetokele - 4.5 - I thought he was awful
    Lennon 5.5 nearly ok - will be fine in League One - I think he has a future

Jackson 10 -Heart of the team
    Solly 10 Other heart of the team
  • JBG showed more effort than all season, assumed it was for the scouts rather than the team.
  • your marks please:

Pope - 7
    Motta - 6
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 6
    Fox - 6
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Diarra - 8
    Cousins - 7
    Harriott -6.5
    Lookman - 6.5
    Vetokele - 5
    Lennon - 6

Sanogo n/a
    Makienok n/a

• Pope - 7 Heard he made a good save near the end (didn't see it as I left when the flare got thrown on). Caught some crosses.
    Motta - 5 Won a couple of headers but the normal drive wasn't there.
    Fanni - 5.5 Seemed a bit slow to react. The odd decent tackle but I understand he gave away a penalty late on.
    Teixeira - 7.5 Won most of his headers and read the game pretty well. Best centre-half we've had for a long time.
    Fox - 6 Steady and was it his nice low cross for JBG's shot over the bar?
    Gudmundsson - 7.5 Plenty of effort and some lovely touches. Had nothing to aim at when he got the ball. Scored and nearly got a 2nd.
    Diarra - 6.5 Steady with the odd bit of class.
    Cousins - 6 Did very well for the goal but wasn't winning his midfield battle.
    Harriott - 4.5 Hardly touched the ball in the first half. Bit better in the second.
    Lookman - 4 Didn't want to be there and made very little effort in the first half. Marginally better in the second half when he got the ball. Thought it was a poor attitude for a young player who should be up for a game at his age.
    Vetokele - 4.5 Zero service and Harriot rarely got close to him in the 1st half.
    Lennon - 6 One excellent clearing header for a corner as soon as he came on. One over-hit ball into the East Stand.
  • your marks please:

Pope - 8

Motta - 2

Danni - 4
    Teixeira - 5
    Fox - 3
    Gudmundsson - 6
    Diarra - 8
    Cousins - 4
    Harriott - 5
    Lookman - 6
    Vetokele - 2
    Lennon - 4

Sanogo n/a
    Makienok 0 HE DID NOT TOUCH THE FRIGGING BALL IN THE ENTIRE PERIOD THIS OXYGEN THIEF WAS ON THE PITCH!!!!
  • So Fanni has had a 9 and a 2?