Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton owner says he won't sell the club despite relegation

Comments

• Fits in with a post yesterday quoting Paul Elliot as having said and I paraphrase " it needs a willing seller"

I hope CASTrust meet with KM and RM and leave them in no uncertain terms what the fans want.
  • Wouldn't read too much into the story. No quotes, not even a reliable source. He clearly didn't talk to anyone outside the club while here, and since his puppets are now in media lockdown, nobody likely to say anything.
  • After several requests met with refusals they are now asking us for a meeting? Now, why would that be...............
  • He may have spent £25m on additional security but he hasn't added £25m of value. On the contrary he has probably lost about £5m of value at least.

He must've got seriously ripped off for those new seats.

Parzyzek (sp?), Lepoint, etc can hardly be called investments. Millstones, maybe but that's it
  • He's such a cretin wouldn't be surprised if the motivation to not sell was solely just to spite the fans.

He can not make money out of Charlton now....or prove any kind of football business related point. Just cut your losses!

• Club is becoming increasingly worthless. It will only be spite if RD hangs onto it. How KM remains is beyond me?
  • There is a difference between spending £25m on assets that you can resell and "investing" £25m down the bookies. Which camp does Roly fall into?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rolands problem is that despite the massive collapse in support that he is facing, the protests and agitation will not go away.

If Roland thinks he can rebuild from a smaller base, and that he will have exorcised the dissenters then he is wrong.

The bridges are burned, and every day there will be more people thinking up more ways to make life hellish for everybody working at the club.

For an industry that is supposed to get people in the door, and bums on seats for an enjoyable experience I believe that Roland is going to find that it will go up to a new level of toxic, that security costs will get higher, and that Sparrows Lane as well as the Valley will become a target and not a refuge.

Prove me wrong then Roland, you're going to have to produce a rabbit the size of a dinosaur, out of a hat as big as Vesuvius and suprise us into acceptance by the biggest sleight of football ownership hand ever.

Something akin to Blackpool signing Messi and Ronaldo together, and Bloomfield Road being redeveloped into a 75,000 seater wrap around stadium.
  • I really do give up if he has no intention of selling. No clue at all and proving it even more if he can't see his investment is worth jack shit without customers sorry fans. Keeping meire in charge is his first mistake. How can you keep faith with someone who has insulted his target audience multiple occasions. Absolute joke.
  • Rob7Lee said:

I really wouldn't read much into it. He's under extreme pressure to sell, there are at least 2 or 3 very interested parties.

The last thing you'd do in his position is come out and and say you are ready to sell even if you are, it's hopefully just part of the sale/buy game.

Hope you are right
  • Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

I really wouldn't read much into it. He's under extreme pressure to sell, there are at least 2 or 3 very interested parties.

The last thing you'd do in his position is come out and and say you are ready to sell even if you are, it's hopefully just part of the sale/buy game.

Hope you are right
    I can't see any other reason why he would come out and say that, he doesn't care what we think, thats clear.
    It would be completely out of character for him to admit he'd cocked things up, and that he was seeking the best buyer to take the club forward.

Instead, IF he sells, it will be because someone prized the club out of his hands,
  • Maybe he's realised that the value of the club is now so low, having spoken to prospective buyers, that he could only get £15 to £20m at most.

He "doesn't do failure" so wants to get the club promoted and so increase it's value.

Our problem is that is is so bloody stubborn that he wont sell and so bloody stupid that he won't change his "buy cheap and mostly rubbish players from abroad because they are cheap" model either.

And he wont't stop interfering with what the manager does.

That is pretty much my understanding of what is going on. I have no idea as to whether RD has had any conversations about selling but the language I have picked up coming out of the Valley is about adapting to league 1 under current regime. Business as usual but in a cut price way, I fear. Not sure anyone has learnt from the mistakes of this season.
  • I fear they really may be stupid enough to remove all the Charlton players, ban all fans who they don't like, appoint Mr Ujpest (apologies forget his real name), being in a new load of players from the network clubs and try again the same in League 1.

If that's the case, it will last until maybe November when after a disastrous start to the season and with KM and RD's houses picketed full time by supporters from around the UK and Belgium, they will finally have to fold with their names being even more a byword for the one of the biggest footballing fuck ups ever.

Unfortunately it could go on until we are relegated again.

• I fear they really may be stupid enough to remove all the Charlton players, ban all fans who they don't like

They won't have to ban us, a lot of us won't be there to ban!

• Mrkinski said:

I fear they really may be stupid enough to remove all the Charlton players, ban all fans who they don't like

They won't have to ban us, a lot of us won't be there to ban!

Still, I think banning is quite high on the list of things to be achieved.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    Oi you you can't come in you chanted against Roland once we took videos and our new investment in face recognition technology installed iver the summer automatically refuses you entry at the gate.

(Uses Melexis chips bought with money loaned to the club by Staprix).

Melexis can confirm that work is ongoing on chips that additionally tazer protesting supporters on request from senior management.

As the head of security resigned some time ago, no one could be reached to confirm this. Leaked documents show a new Charlton App with supporter refusal and tazer function being trialled by Tony Meohane and members of the U11 squad.
  • It's going to get worse - he would be very foolish to assume it is currently as bad as it can be! Selling is his only option.
  • Investors looking at the club will think crikey they need to be rescued, this might be an easy purchase and we can put a lot of work and our own emphasise into this starting from scratch. From a reputation point of view it's a win win.

If you paid 38 million ( or a bit less ) for this club then there are no winners. RD has his money back. No worthy profit from his perspective and someone has just forked out a lot more then what they should have , just to get the club off RDs hands.

However...if we get to the premier league, in say 4 years...it's still a gamble, but all in all it will be profitable, at least.

• Dave2l said:

Investors looking at the club will think crikey they need to be rescued, this might be an easy purchase and we can put a lot of work and our own emphasise into this starting from scratch. From a reputation point of view it's a win win.

If you paid 38 million ( or a bit less ) for this club then there are no winners. RD has his money back. No worthy profit from his perspective and someone has just forked out a lot more then what they should have , just to get the club off RDs hands.

However...if we get to the premier league, in say 4 years...it's still a gamble, but all in all it will be profitable, at least.

For that money you could go and buy a top half Championship side who aren't in a complete mess and are much closer to the Premier League than we are.
  • We hate them.
    They hate us.

Just imagine the kind of people they would be willing to sell to.
    They'd probably accept less and go out of their way if they are particular a***holes!

I don't think this will end well.

• We hate them.
    They hate us.

Just imagine the kind of people they would be willing to sell to.
    They'd probably accept less and go out of their way if they are particular a***holes!

I don't think this will end well.

They think a***holes are genuine fans with the best interests of the club at heart hopefully they will sell to them on the cheap
  • Fan base, history, location, infrastructure, would all be close to the top of the list for prospective buyers. With good management and the right investment, league standing can be changed very quickly. Investors with good football knowledge would know this, Slater and Jiminez did and got us up very quickly. They will use our current lowly position as a way to try to pick up a bargain. Our problem is that Rolly probably wont sell cheaply because he doesn't need to. He largely avoids all the conflict by staying away. Our biggest hope would be to force out Katrien and Murray, without them he'd be lost.
  • I would imagine the owner and his team have had a meeting/meetings where they aked the question ' How do we fix this mess'. Now for me it is pretty unfixable. If we were dealing with intelligent rational people, surely they couldn't come to any other conclusion. It is one thing loading debt on the club, but it is still his club! If nobody buys us, it remains his club. With buyers out there, there is an escape route. For that reason, I am sure he will sell. If he doesn't, it hardly bares thinking about. It might be the end!
  • Maybe he's realised that the value of the club is now so low, having spoken to prospective buyers, that he could only get £15 to £20m at most.

He "doesn't do failure" so wants to get the club promoted and so increase it's value.

Our problem is that is is so bloody stubborn that he wont sell and so bloody stupid that he won't change his "buy cheap and mostly rubbish players from abroad because they are cheap" model either.

And he wont't stop interfering with what the manager does.

Worryingly, I think this is pretty much spot on as things stand right now. Hopefully they will change quickly though...