Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Brighton | Sat 23 Apr | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

2»

Comments

• I suspect we will get a tonking. I couldn't guess where goals could come from on our side so if Brighton can get the first goal you'd have to say that's game over.
  • It'll be interesting how "up" the players are tomorrow. Playing for pride maybe, or playing to impress watching scouts...

We've been organised at the back recently, so Brighton will have to work hard to break us down, but once the first goal goes in, and we have to chase the game I suspect they'll exploit the spaces
  • edited April 2016
    we've not scored for four games, they've scored thirteen in their last four, nine in the last two .. so it's all very clear .. provided the gutless 'players' who disgraced themselves at Bolton decide to collectively actually have a go to justify their grossly inflated wages, then we are well overdue a win to deflate B&HA's promotion hopes

CAFC 2 V Brighton and Hove Albion 1
  • No idea. Players try hard and manage a draw? Embarrassing defeat?

Home defeat 1-4.
  • Expecting a battering. Don't really care protest hard everyone!
  • Football is a funny game. Brighton are scoring for fun right now. The heart says a 5-0 drubbing. The head says a defiant 4-0 defeat.
  • I'm there tomorrow purely based on anger.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll go on the pitch if the other 10,000 do :)

You better hold off then because unless you are expecting away fans to join you it will be a long time before there are 10,000 Charlton fans actually in the stadium. It might say differently on paper though
    If only 3000 stage a pitch invasion we can use the club's own creative accounting to claim the absent season-ticket holders would have been there and claim the actual number is close to 10,000.
  • Hate to say it but I hope they put eight past us. Stoke the protests right up.
  • edited April 2016
    1-3. Hope none of the loan players are involved. Would much rather some of the younger players get game time.
  • Hate to say it but I hope they put eight past us. Stoke the protests right up.

Nothing to apologise there for.

Imagine if we hammer them, both fans could be on the pitch!
  • 1-3. Hope none of the loan players are involved. Would much rather some of the younger players get game time.

Now that we are down we should just play whoever MIGHT be here next season.
  • edited April 2016

1-3. Hope none of the loan players are involved. Would much rather some of the younger players get game time.

Does that mean that Colin1961 should bring his boots????
  • 1-3. Hope none of the loan players are involved. Would much rather some of the younger players get game time.

I don't think it's fair to play Roger Johnson and JJ on their own.
  • Flying to Dubai during the match, but the only interest I have in this game is the protests. I hope we don't get the game abandoned, as the Brighton fans have shown solidarity, and I'd like to see them go up, but apart from that, I hope we make it hot at the Valley.
    Special mention to Richard Murray. Does he really think he's coming out of this smelling of roses. the fans meeting in november Richard? The better communication promised in january? This relegation is as much his as KM or RD, and I hope he gets a full blast of anger from the fans.
  • Charlton free from the shackles of their relegation flight turn into a free flowing goal scoring machine and score four unfortunately Brighton get 5 corners and score from each one. Role on league 1 glory minus Douche and the Meire
  • Pressure off us

Pressure on Brighton after last nights result.

My boys first ever game.

0-3 Brighton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saga Lout said:

Well, I'm predicting a shock 5-0 thrashing from Charlton, described the following morning in the Sunday Telegraph as "Pissing on Brighton's chips".

I dreamed 9-3 to us last night. You heard it here first!
  • Nothing else but a thrashing for our demoralised team. At least 5-0. (we have no goalscorers)

But hopefully, a huge win for the protesters!
  • Seeing the pictures of the Brighton fans marching to help us, I'd happily see them fill their boots against us today.