Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD STATEMENT: Post Relegation

edited April 2016 in General Charlton

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD)
notes the statement released by Charlton Athletic chief executive Katrien Meire following the club’s relegation to League One and rejects it completely.

Last August, Meire wrote in her programme notes “From a personal point of view, I realise that from now on there’s no one to hide behind any more.

Yet she has been hiding virtually ever since, at least when it comes to engaging openly and honestly with supporters. The truth is that she is wretchedly inadequate for her role and so are most of her senior management.

She and the owner Roland Duchatelet have made mistake after mistake since they came to the club in January 2014 and despite numerous promises to the contrary they have never learned from them.

They are the reason the club has been relegated. If they had a shred of integrity or self-awareness, they would walk away now. We are not interested in their excuses or their plans.

There will be no collaboration with them, now or in the future. They are the enemy of everything that Charlton has been and will be again. We must remove them, chairman Richard Murray and their other apologists before they destroy the club completely.

CARD will be leading massive demonstrations before, during and after Saturday’s match against Brighton & Hove Albion. More details will follow.

We call on all Charlton Athletic supporters to come to SE7 on Saturday to unite behind these protests and help us drive these people out of The Valley now.

It's our club. On Saturday, let's make it utterly clear that the only plan Charlton fans will accept from this regime is an exit one.

Comments

• well said
  • A perfect statement. If there are massive protests before and after the game, I'll be there, for both.
  • On the pitch 60th minute, no ifs - no buts.

Seriously though that is a very strong worded statement and a great rally cry from CARD, I hope everyone can get behind it and help us rid Charlton of this RD disease for good.
  • edited April 2016
    Rothko said:

Let's f**king have it on Saturday

This! Confirmed relegation will bring out the best in even the most silent of us. Can't wait.
  • Excellent statement, thank you. If Squirrel Face thinks anyone will be bought off by a bland statement written weeks ago, then we have to show her that we are not going to meekly walk away because we have been relegated ... more that they will be ramped up even more
  • We've got nothing to lose......
  • Spot on.
  • I'm gutted I'm going to miss fighting for our Charlton in SE7 but i feel strongly that we will only win IN BELGIUM!

Very angry and upset this morning reading the "official" statement.

• Sponsored links:

• Well said.
    I'll be there on Saturday.
  • Brilliant statement.

Saturday is going to be huge.
  • Can't wait it's our club now it's time to up the anti and take it back
  • no swearing
    no saying "Belgium" is racist
    dont say anything to Katty its sexist
    dont throw anything its thugish
    take the moral high ground--its boolox
  • CARD said:

There will be no collaboration with them, now or in the future. They are the enemy of everything that Charlton has been and will be again. We must remove them, chairman Richard Murray and their other apologists before they destroy the club completely.

It's our club. On Saturday, let's make it utterly clear that the only plan Charlton fans will accept from this regime is an exit one.

This, this and THIS.

Should they still be here after the summer and if, by some miracle, we get off to a good start to the season - this should be repeated again and again and again.

This club will never return to its former self, on and off the pitch, with them in charge.
  • ive bought mine already mate cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to CARD Saturday 23 April will be a day to remember!
  • Yep - sounds like Saturday is going to be one heck of a day on both sides of the channel.
  • Uboat said:

CARD said:

Paragraph of the decade.
    I'd like it to be endorsed by CASTrust. I'd join.
    Don't hold your breath, Sue Parkes and the rest of The Flat Earth Society probably thought it was a good statement.
  • The fight continues. NO rest til they're but a horrible memory!
  • Excellent statement - bit too long for Twitter but have you put it out via other social media?
  • Sorry I can't join you after the match on Saturday, I've got to be at Liverpool Street by 6 o'clock to catch my train back to Suffolk, but will be with you in spirit, and of course in anything you do at the start, or during of the game. Give
  • Rumour has it Roland is a lifelong palace fan