Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We are up for sale (Rumour)

Comments

• Markg2004 said:

Ecclestone would be same level/worse than Roland. He is stingey as hell with money.

Not so sure about that, he gave his daughters loads.
  • I don't know why exactly, but a consortium led by a former player makes me very nervous.

But as long as they know football it has to be better than what we have.
  • edited April 2016
    sam3110 said:

Ecclestone is overdue popping his clogs as well, but if he signs it all across to Tamara I wouldn't complain, she'd be a great (pair of) asset(s) to have around

Mmmm.
  • Given John Humphries has local (Catford) connections perhaps that rumour has some substance - fingers crossed.
  • sm said:

Given John Humphries has local (Catford) connections perhaps that rumour has some substance - fingers crossed.

Humphries is a Charlton fan
  • Not normally Into blood sports but somehow the idea of Daisy the squirrel being chased down by a pack of baying dogs who then don't rip her to shreds but let her go nicely, I'd pay good money for that.

If only we were at a multipurpose stadium that could do dogs/athletics and football....

Maybe lady Brady would like to borrow the idea.
  • sm said:

Given John Humphries has local (Catford) connections perhaps that rumour has some substance - fingers crossed.

Humphries is a Charlton fan
    never I thought, had to go back a page to see you are not talking about the news presenter!

• Sponsored links:

• So we will get good odds on us going down next year again then from him?!
  • I don't know why exactly, but a consortium led by a former player makes me very nervous.

Was thinking this myself, don't know why but have a bad feeling about Elliott

Possibly because you know Varney has a consortium out there and has 'been there, done that'? There is a track record there of success so in subconscious want them in?

Nervous over any take over and we said last time it can't get worse then Slater/Jiminez/Cash but here we are...!
  • Markg2004 said:

I don't know why exactly, but a consortium led by a former player makes me very nervous.

Possibly because you know Varney has a consortium out there and has 'been there, done that'? There is a track record there of success so in subconscious want them in?

Nervous over any take over and we said last time it can't get worse then Slater/Jiminez/Cash but here we are...!
    Possibly yes but when there was talk of Elliott becoming chairman or something I wasn't thrilled. Why ? I have no idea ? :-)

As for the current lot couldn't be worse than Cash etc, at least we seemed to be going in the right direction with Slater & Jiminez at least liking football & having some idea until cash withdrew & from then on we were always struggling.

This time around it really can't get worse ..............................................please !
  • Markg2004 said:

I don't know why exactly, but a consortium led by a former player makes me very nervous.

Possibly yes but when there was talk of Elliott becoming chairman or something I wasn't thrilled. Why ? I have no idea ? :-)

As for the current lot couldn't be worse than Cash etc, at least we seemed to be going in the right direction with Slater & Jiminez at least liking football & having some idea until cash withdrew & from then on we were always struggling.

This time around it really can't get worse ..............................................please !
    Varney coming in would be the dream but he's already quashed/over turned/said he's staying at ebbsfleet hasn't he?
  • sm said:

He could even have greyhound racing at the Valley during the Summer with a stuffed squirrel replacing the usual rabbit.

The greyhounds would then be able to help the players run faster.
  • Elliott has the feel of Jiminez about it , a front for someone else's "cash" and when they realise football is a way of losing money they'll want out
  • Speculation last night that Elliott's consortium includes familiar faces.

Also players saying building work not stopped at Sparrows Lane and expect what they see as very much needed work to be finished at the end of next season.

Also players saying building work not stopped at Sparrows Lane and expect what they see as very much needed work to be finished at the end of next season.

Familiar good or familiar bad?

Most on here would say bad
  • Sponsored links:

• Simon Francis?

And you? :wink:

Murray?
  • Elliott has the feel of Jiminez about it , a front for someone else's "cash" and when they realise football is a way of losing money they'll want out

I would have thought that the reason for using a front man was to have someone that understands the business and can negotiate a better deal. I have never meet Mr Elliott so have no idea on his abilities and I assume that his advice would only concern the football value of the club. i.e. the players.
    It is IMO highly unlikely that RD would enter into negotiations without knowing that a buyer had sufficient money to do so. Any one who has that much money is not that stupid. The Jiminez failure was due to the real owner losing a large lump of his fortune.
    I think the real worry is a consortium that spends all their money on buying the club and have then not got the money to drive us forward.

Would that include the 'club house' though or just the pitches?
    Shame if it hasn't stopped but I would expect that there is an element of truth to it (fingers crossed!)
  • ChiAddick said:

Speculation last night that Elliott's consortium includes familiar faces.

Simon Jordan isn't all bad...
    Richard Rufus
    Richard Murray
  • Jiminez back in?
  • Murray it is then.