Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Friday Puzzler - Season tickets

2»

Comments

• If there was a high uptake of S/T's Roland and KM would be able to laugh off the protests. If Roland does not sell there will be a slow agonising decline in our club as he chases his stupid vision. He has to be forced out ASAP, and a dramatic fall in S/T sales would make that happen all the quicker IMO.

• Utter senseless madness to fund this regime and probably materially damages the prospects and incentives of getting the owner gone regardless of how it's spun or attempted to be justified.

Who do these people people feel they have to justify themselves to? You?
    The answer is no-one; it is simply a matter of individual choice and the fact that you perceive it to be some sort of betrayal means nothing.
    Covered End has felt the need to answer critics such as yourself and done so eloquently, but I don't think he should feel compelled to do so.How many of the non-renewers have missed a handful of games in 40 yrs; how many of them were at the town-hall that evening? I doubt there's a more loyal supporter on here than him.
    People choose to do whatever they feel comfortable with and if the non-renewers feel they can take the the moral high-ground with their insidious remarks and murmurs of supporting the regime then they only succeed in making themselves look like puritanical oafs.

• Redskin said:

Utter senseless madness to fund this regime and probably materially damages the prospects and incentives of getting the owner gone regardless of how it's spun or attempted to be justified.

The answer is no-one; it is simply a matter of individual choice and the fact that you perceive it to be some sort of betrayal means nothing.
    Covered End has felt the need to answer critics such as yourself and done so eloquently, but I don't think he should feel compelled to do so.How many of the non-renewers have missed a handful of games in 40 yrs; how many of them were at the town-hall that evening? I doubt there's a more loyal supporter on here than him.
    People choose to do whatever they feel comfortable with and if the non-renewers feel they can take the the moral high-ground with their insidious remarks and murmurs of supporting the regime then they only succeed in making themselves look like puritanical oafs.

Absolutely no one but people appear to be doing so. Certainly no one has to justify it to me and can't see where I've implied that they ought to.

No moral high ground from my post just pointing out it is entirely illogical to financially support a regime you want gone.
  • Redskin said:

Utter senseless madness to fund this regime and probably materially damages the prospects and incentives of getting the owner gone regardless of how it's spun or attempted to be justified.

Absolutely no one but people appear to be doing so. Certainly no one has to justify it to me and can't see where I've implied that they ought to.

No moral high ground from my post just pointing out it is entirely illogical to financially support a regime you want gone.
    Fair dos.

• My attitude changed a little this weekend after talking with a couple of people who will probably renew later. Their reasons were basically because of an emotional attachment to the club, reasons which were valid to them, and which sounded completely valid to me as well tbh.
    As someone who has mostly been attending protests, but not matches, my view had been that supporting this lot financially in any way was sending a mixed message, but I now I can understand, for some, the protests are separate from attendance.
    Roland has taken an awful lot away from the community of this club towards his own warped view of what a football club should be. But some people are still going because they won't let him take away their choice to support the team they have done for years, through thick and thin.

• Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Off_it said:

Everyone who disagrees with my point of view is a turncoat scab.

I haven't actually formulated my point of view yet, but the above point still stands. SCABS

I'm afraid I am a SCAB as of half an hour ago.

I have agonised long and hard about this decision but as there are only 4 seats available according to the website in my block I renewed earlier. I have sat where I sit for more than 10 years and like it there so I will be the one to lose out when my seat gets nabbed by somebody else.

I will be donating £50 (2 x £25 early bird discounts ) to the protest fund run by @Curb_It as the only reason I did it was to safeguard my seats not for any financial benefit. If I had season tickets in less populated areas then I would be boycotting with the best of them.

In answer to the question I'd say c) but others will doubtless disagree which is their prerogative.

My Earlybird discounts (2 x £25) have been transferred this morning to the Protest Fund as promised above..

I genuinely agonised about this but my seats are in demand even in league 1, something which the good Airman has acknowledged elsewhere.

I too would be boycotting if I sat in a less populated area of the ground.

• It's an entirely personal decision, there's no right and wrong here, as it's not as if renewing or not renewing would guarantee a particular outcome

I agonised about renewing, but in the end decided that by not renewing for the time being, the message being sent was more important than the risk of losing my seat

I also felt that the risk was pretty low, it's hard to imagine loads of new people buying season tickets at the moment or moving to different seats (other than Lower North) as most people are renewing to guarantee their existing seat

I'd be staggered if the £25 discount (which wasn't a major consideration for me anyway) wasn't brought back in some form anyway once relegation is confirmed.
  • I think you'll find come August @LenGlover that your area will prove much less populated than you expect, if nothing changes
  • I think you'll find come August @LenGlover that your area will prove much less populated than you expect, if nothing changes

You'll be able to have a lie down, stretch out a bit, :smiley:
  • The way the pricing of the season tickets are in the East and West stands, why would you pay top whack, when you could buy one that's £200 cheaper and then move across to your old seat or one close by.

If the club want to use a stupid pricing structure, then pay less if you are adamant about going next season.

• Not renewing mine and son’s in West Upper, but speaking to someone on Saturday who is getting the over 65 rate although not 65 as they were allowed to keep the concession (when the club changed the rules) if they continued to maintain a ST. Kind of understand why someone would do that.
  • johnboy59 said:

Not renewing mine and son’s in West Upper, but speaking to someone on Saturday who is getting the over 65 rate although not 65 as they were allowed to keep the concession (when the club changed the rules) if they continued to maintain a ST. Kind of understand why someone would do that.

I am also in that category too.

Maybe maybe not.

However all bar one in my immediate vicinity have said that they are renewing for much the same reasons as me.

A totally unscientific sample I accept!
  • edited April 2016
    johnboy59 said:

Not renewing mine and son’s in West Upper, but speaking to someone on Saturday who is getting the over 65 rate although not 65 as they were allowed to keep the concession (when the club changed the rules) if they continued to maintain a ST. Kind of understand why someone would do that.

I have also lost the concession by not renewing but to be honest it has not influenced my decision. I imagine I am not alone. Would be interesting to know how many of us fall into this category and if it was a deciding factor in renewal/non-renewal. I will be eligible again 2018 season. Any prediction in what league we will be in then?
  • Just a thought, for all those buying early season tickets, where does the money go if (oh yes please) RD sells up before the summer?
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Just a thought, for all those buying early season tickets, where does the money go if (oh yes please) RD sells up before the summer?

Not a worry mate, If RD goes then all those coming back will more than make up for it!
  • Will no one buying ST's put off potential buyers?

Genuine question.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Will no one buying ST's put off potential buyers?

Genuine question.

It's hardly a secret that a lot of people aren't renewing because of the owner, rather than because of the prospect of L1 football.

Besides, I'd imagine anyone buying us would be aiming for immediate promotion anyway
  • johnboy59 said:

I have also lost the concession by not renewing but to be honest it has not influenced my decision. I imagine I am not alone. Would be interesting to know how many of us fall into this category and if it was a deciding factor in renewal/non-renewal. I will be eligible again 2018 season. Any prediction in what league we will be in then?
    I am also in the same boat although I am not sure if the concession would not kick in if I renewed at a later date. Perhaps the Trust could find out the numbers?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Will no one buying ST's put off potential buyers?

Genuine question.

A two minute search online would show any potential new owners why so many are not renewing.
  • Essex_Al said:

ross1 said:

Just a thought, for all those buying early season tickets, where does the money go if (oh yes please) RD sells up before the summer?

Not a worry mate, If RD goes then all those coming back will more than make up for it!
    I have read that anybody that buys a season ticket under the new regime will get a £50 reduction.......
  • As far as I can see there has been no press release today advertising season tickets at the post early bird rate.

I wonder why?

Perhaps they are considering extending it? Perhaps sales have been so poor and they know that people aren't renewing that they can't be bothered?
  • Ross said:

As far as I can see there has been no press release today advertising season tickets at the post early bird rate.

I wonder why?

Perhaps they are considering extending it? Perhaps sales have been so poor and they know that people aren't renewing that they can't be bothered?

Perhaps they have been so busy, with the high numbers of season ticket applications, they are still processing them?

Perhaps not.