Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell to Southend?

2»

Comments

• colin1961 said:

MrLargo said:

I like it. Keeps him involved in management, but at a level where we can tempt him back here when the Belgians have been ousted.

Laughable
    How is your old friend Guy?
  • Rob62 said:

The Guardian saying Powell to Villa as Pearson's assistant, which would make a lot of sense.

Why would Powell want to be an assistant after 4 years as a manager? It's not as if he was assistant (to Pearson) very long.
    Aston Villa. Number two there is a big job.

Villa is also a bit of a poisoned chalice. A club that's struggled for years, with a high turnover of managers, ropey squad, protesting supporters and an unpopular owner who's never there...
    But still they're in a healthier state than us. If their owner brings in a good manager* who knows well the Championship and give him money to spend, then they have a good chance of going straight up. Neither of those will happen to us.

*Nigel Pearson with Chris Powell as his number two would be a very decent appointment I think.
    I think we've got just as much chance of automatic promotion as Villa! Our season might have been dismal, but theirs has been far far worse, and they have a load of mediocre, disinterested players on high PL contracts

Sunderland or Norwich would stand a much better chance of bouncing straight back up.
    Well, you do? You're much more optimistic than me then!
  • Rob62 said:

The Guardian saying Powell to Villa as Pearson's assistant, which would make a lot of sense.

Why would Powell want to be an assistant after 4 years as a manager? It's not as if he was assistant (to Pearson) very long.
    Aston Villa. Number two there is a big job.

Villa is also a bit of a poisoned chalice. A club that's struggled for years, with a high turnover of managers, ropey squad, protesting supporters and an unpopular owner who's never there...
    But still they're in a healthier state than us. If their owner brings in a good manager* who knows well the Championship and give him money to spend, then they have a good chance of going straight up. Neither of those will happen to us.

*Nigel Pearson with Chris Powell as his number two would be a very decent appointment I think.
    I think we've got just as much chance of automatic promotion as Villa! Our season might have been dismal, but theirs has been far far worse, and they have a load of mediocre, disinterested players on high PL contracts

Sunderland or Norwich would stand a much better chance of bouncing straight back up.
    Well, you do? You're much more optimistic than me then!
    More a reflection on how badly I think Villa will do next season!
  • Just read a minute ago that Chris Wilder (Northampton) is being lined up for the Bolton job.

Southend would be a step down for Chris Powell but wouldnt be a bad place for him to go.

I've heard a few rumours going round that Chris Wilder has been contacted about taking the Charlton job in the summer.
  • Just read a minute ago that Chris Wilder (Northampton) is being lined up for the Bolton job.

Southend would be a step down for Chris Powell but wouldnt be a bad place for him to go.

I've heard a few rumours going round that Chris Wilder has been contacted about taking the Charlton job in the summer.
    Come home Chris.

Could do a worse, a lot worse.
  • edited April 2016
    Chris Wilder? Full back wasn't he, only played 3 league games for us and not all that IIRC? :wink: Still we are flush for full backs these days!
  • I read somewhere that Kevin Nolan was in the frame for the Bolton job .

Nah, he much prefers writing for The South London Press.
  • colin1961 said:

MrLargo said:

I like it. Keeps him involved in management, but at a level where we can tempt him back here when the Belgians have been ousted.

Laughable
    Is 1961 your year of birth or the number of working synapses you have? If it's the former, it's very sad to see a grown man being so childish.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Chris Wilder? Full back wasn't he, only played 3 league games for us and not all that IIRC? :wink: Still we are flush for full backs these days!

I'm probably wrong, but even though he was a right back, I'm sure he played at least 1 game in centre midfield for us l? - may have been Ipswich away on Boxing Day when Webster was sent off?
  • RedChaser said:

I'm probably wrong, but even though he was a right back, I'm sure he played at least 1 game in centre midfield for us l? - may have been Ipswich away on Boxing Day when Webster was sent off?
    Pass, can't help you there mate 25 years ago my Christmases were heavily family oriented.
  • 25 years ago my Christmas were heavily booze orientated ;)
  • colin1961 said:

MrLargo said:

Laughable
    Is 1961 your year of birth or the number of working synapses you have? If it's the former, it's very sad to see a grown man being so childish.
    Year of birth, sorry to say. Same age as me - that's where the similarities end.