Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Four years ago today

edited April 2016 in General Charlton
Will we see this again?

Comments

• Options
    Great stuff and we will see it again.

By the way, how did Sheffield United mess that up ?
  • Options
    "We've Got Our Charlton Back"
  • Options
    And to think we got 7 more points too!
  • Options
    Stevenage 9th and Bournemouth 12th. How things change. Good result for Burscough too.
  • Options
    I remember Weds digging us out over the amount of times we won 1.0. Look at the goal difference.
  • Options

Stevenage 9th and Bournemouth 12th. How things change. Good result for Burscough too.

In the end Stevenage got to the playoffs didn't they?
    A certain Lawrie Wilson was playing for them if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    The funny thing about that picture is with the exception of Sheffield United (still to come good) and Colchester (soon to be relegated anyway) none of those teams are still in League One. They've all either gone up or down, sometimes a couple of times. God I hate League One
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Great stuff and we will see it again.

By the way, how did Sheffield United mess that up ?

Ched Evans went to prison.
  • Options
    Unbelievable.

Bristol Rovers scoring 7 and not having (seven) after the number.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Will we see this again?

We can only hope!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Great day out such fond memories, had a beer in the rugby club with number one son before kick off. Either one or was it both of the Sheffield results going our way. The second half winner and final whistle celebrations.

There's a lot of water literally, very sadly for us and the locals, passed under the bridge since that day as the street where we parked up, was I noticed on the news, under water during the recent floods!
  • Options
    Really am surprised that Sheffield United managed to mess it up that season... they were by far the second best team in the League that season (they battered us at the Valley yet couldnt break through), yet they've never been the same since
  • Options

The funny thing about that picture is with the exception of Sheffield United (still to come good) and Colchester (soon to be relegated anyway) none of those teams are still in League One. They've all either gone up or down, sometimes a couple of times. God I hate League One

MK dons and us will soon put that right....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good game down at Whitby.
  • Options

Charlton Life Towers went into carnival mood that afternoon as I cracked open the pommagne and @StubleyAddick and @ForeverAddickted finally got let out the Preview room cellar for long overdue haircuts :-)

Ahh you see that cant be me... I only joined the Preview cellar room last year ;)
  • Options
    Feel very sad reading this thread. I don't think we'll see it again next season. :cry:
  • Options
    Wow has it been that long :(
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Look at the togetherness in that group of players and staff. Teammates smothering Bradders while jumping for joy at the winner, the manager holding back tears during his interview.

Fucksake.
    am holding back tears meself !
  • Options

Really am surprised that Sheffield United managed to mess it up that season... they were by far the second best team in the League that season (they battered us at the Valley yet couldnt break through), yet they've never been the same since

If the Ched Evans trial had been in the summer they would have gone up. Instead it completely derailed the end of their season
  • Options

If the Ched Evans trial had been in the summer they would have gone up. Instead it completely derailed the end of their season
    Oh god yes... Completely forgot about that

Sheffield United v Huddersfield Town has to be the worst Play-Off Final I've ever seen though, neither team wanted to get promoted, even when it came down to the penalties!!
  • Options

They were absolutely flying before he got into trouble. At the time I remember thinking they were gonna catch us.