Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Relegation Statement (What will it say)

Comments

• We are of course disappointed that the Club have been relegated to the 1st Division (of the Football League).

However, we see this as an opportunity to revitalise more areas of the club than was originally envisaged and to extend our 'network' of clubs. This process has commenced already and CEO Katrien Meire has been on a fact-finding mission to Dubai where the club has initiated some networking contacts with clubs and players of the Dubai Amateur Football League and we are pleased to announce that we are in advance negotiations to bring in for the new season both a forward and a midfield player from the one of the leading Dubai teams: Slug and Goats.

In a further initiative, and following the success of our fans' sofa, we are introducing for next season a personalised, embroidered cushion for the Season Ticket Holder.

• Rest assured, we will learn from our mistakes and have been working very hard to right the wrongs. We can establish Charlton as a mid table league 1 club. That is our aim.

In other words........ a load of BULLS%$T !!!
  • "Wish you were here..."
  • We are pleased to announce that the Club will be moving forward in Championship 2, as part of Mr Duchatelet's masterplan to revolutionise football...
  • Better to be a big fiiiish in a small pond,
    Than a small Fish in the Ocean that is the Premiership.
    Charlton Will be the Jaws of the National League in 3 years.
    I said i would take you places, and as Katrien told you,
    Roland does not do failure.
  • I suspect they won’t fully blame the fans and will accept some poor decisions without being specific. They are likely to blame the fans to some extent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to all of you that wanted us to fail. You succeeded in ruining a once great football club and resigned us to our fate with your petty protests. I hope you are all happy especially after it kicked off with Palace in the cup. I will continue to run the club in my vision and you will all thank me one day for getting Chorlton to the promised land. Now go away and don't be late for next season.
  • "When seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"
  • Maybe they will get Jackson to write it?

Maybe Katrien will be giving him a video interview with her questions while he sits there like a nervous school boy.
  • johnny73 said:

We will not get a statement.

We WILL but NOT a satisactory one.
  • They (the regime) obviously read charlton life, in some capacity. Its a source of information and one that cannot be ignored. Its probably dissected by someone that will not be directly involved and easily offended.

The regimes new objective here, which is now a pipe dream - They want to find the direct balance between not being exposed or made fun of in the media ... and still yet showing contempt and pissing off the Charlton fanbase...and or giving fans the old harsh shut up be-little/stop moaning. You are wrong, we are right! They are already exposed as idiots and incompetent...perhaps why Katrien just thinks oh f*ck it, lets go dubai! The opinion of me cant possibly get any lower. Diffusion of responsibility.

The woman definitely has 2 faces after watching that dutch video of a year ago.

When has a fan-base ever anticipated a relegation official board statement before? The ball is in their court and this anticipation or curiosity we feel, because everything they do is now a weird highly unprofessional talking subject, can only make their heads further up their own a-holes. Its simply, because they are stupid.

The ball is in the regimes court (they feel)...and the statement will be a slow slow boring sad burner. Cock face Dutchatelet and the charlton peasants.
  • "It has all been a Google translate problem, we of course made our plans in Flemish and French but one of Katriens lackies in the office put both copies through translate without checking. In fact we were after League One status by 2016 anyway"
  • What ever she says in her statement. To the 20:000 fans . IT'S ALL LIES .
  • Poor little Belgium got you into two vorld vors und now ve haf fucked up your football club for you .. that'll teach you to dig trenches all over our garlic fields .. but you Eeeeenglish are tough and can take it .. good luck
  • Sponsored links:

• "As an example of our willingness to listen to fans, we asked them what was the most enjoyable season in recent years. The response was the 2011-12 season in league one. As a result, we worked long and hard to return Cholton to league one so The Valley will again be a fun place to go."
  • Huh!
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016
    @Alwaysneil Your third statement would be brilliant. Its good to dream. It would enable thousands of season tickets to renew and lots more to comeback.

(Club before Clib though)

'CLUB STATEMENT - RELEGATION CONFIRMED AND SALE AGREED

It is with great sadness that we confirm our relegation to League 1. Roland Duchatelet has agreed the sale of the club to bidders a Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund today.

The new owners Mumtalaket Holding Company of Bahrain have committed to a £3bn investment plan in the club under experienced premiership management.

We would like to announce Manuel Pellegrini's recruitment as lead coach with a transfer budget of £500m in the first year.

The goal is to reach the premiership in three years and champions league football in five.

Season ticket prices will be set at £200-250 for each non-concession adult across the ground. Work will begin on plans to increase the size of the ground and build the infrastructure around it in order to accommodate the revised growth ambitions of the owners.

We hope to see you soon at the Valley and will be holding a number of events and discussions with fans and members of supporters and protest groups including CARD in order to ensure that we can build on the great work done by these individuals in bringing us to this position.'
  • Thanks, knew I'd have left at least one typo in. Changed.

Not FFP compliant that one.

Unless Andrews air conditioning receive an unsolicited donation to their business expansion and agree that the shirt rights are now worth up to £400m over a five year period paid up front with claw backs if the overall plan fails....

Could work I think Leicester?
  • Think we might hit FFP issues with that third one. Anyway, don't want Pellegrini, want Chris Powell back ;-)
  • Yep, version 1 every year until we are playing Grimsby in the conference.
  • I was going to go with CP as first team coach and Curbisjley as director of football but decided that an investor with that much cash to spend might go for premiership experience rather than championship.

Considered an option 3 with the above and less money but decided I'd written enough shit already and went all out for the jackpot.
  • " No-one told us there's relegation from the Championship !

Richard !!!!!!"