Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ideas for target 20k

I believe there are a number of restaurants around that are so confident in their customer experience they leave it to the customer to pay what they think it (The Experience )is worth.

http://www.eater.com/2015/5/6/8556309/pay-what-you-want-restaurant-SAME-cafe-panera-cares

Or perhaps the club could price the season tickets like the premier league prize money (sliding scale)

So if we finish 1st season ticket = £300.00

If we finish 24th season ticket = £12.50

Needs more work but I am sure someone with some marketing nous could package something up to fill the Valley !

Comments

• Options
    Ideas for Target 20k...?

Maybe our Belgians could leave and sell up for a start!!
  • Options
    Ideas for Target 20k?

Don't get relegated.
  • Options

Ideas for Target 20k?

Don't get relegated.

Dont worry the club don't do failure... Even Shay Given knows that
  • Options
    Change the name to Target 5k
  • Options
    On course for pissing 20,000 people off. So if that was the objective game over !
  • Options
    I'm off to the Olympic stadium to watch real football. It's cheap as chips and on the jubbly line.
  • Options
    Surely they must realise they're a laughing-stock? Except that it's not really funny, is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kids for a £1 and adults for a tenner every game, every (non season ticket) seat.
  • Options
    The club needs to be on an upward trajectory for this to work.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Be a bit more like Charlton Athletic circa 1992-2005.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

In league 1 we were getting 16k fans last time. Once we started winning it people get interested.

Get off to a flyer and you watch gates increase.

Target 20k should be applauded as a link between the fans and the club. I understand they are taken seriously by the club and we shouldn't vilify them - perhaps we could take it for what it is - the club asking fans for help and some fans getting involved.

Or you could slag them off - your choice

I've been fairly defensive of them in the past - and do admire them as a group. They are investing their own time for the very same reasons CARD are; out of a genuine love of the club.

The problem with Target20K is that it's a genuinely impossible task given the circumstances, and their position should really be untenable considering the club has actively used them to propagate lies regarding Duchatelet's meeting. That's when I personally decided that Target20K really needed to reassess their loyalties, as the club is demonstrating very little respect towards them.

Another problem is in the claims that Target20K have made regarding to the progress, according to some (inc. Airman) these ideas were already being discussed prior to the formation of the group. Combined with one of the club's recent emails actively predicting the future and saying words to the effect of "Target20K are going to request the removal of the sofa.".. well, it leads to a few questions regarding whether Target20K are just agreeing with the club, who in turn get to claim they're listening to fans.

That's my suspicion anyway, and it does fit in with the whole "Roland met with Target20K" bollocks that was given out.
  • Options
    I believe that will will only get 20k+ back at the valley if the product is right (the team). Build it and they will come....

However I went to a Rugby match for the first time the other week to watch the Harlequins at the stoop. What a great pre and post match experience. Behind the stand there was a singer, many different food outlets as well as a wide variety of beers and ales. The kids were being looked after with a mini farm , flags were being handed out. Everybody was encouraged to stay behind after the match. It was a great day out. I think football could learn a thing or two here.
  • Options

I believe that will will only get 20k+ back at the valley if the product is right (the team). Build it and they will come....

However I went to a Rugby match for the first time the other week to watch the Harlequins at the stoop. What a great pre and post match experience. Behind the stand there was a singer, many different food outlets as well as a wide variety of beers and ales. The kids were being looked after with a mini farm , flags were being handed out. Everybody was encouraged to stay behind after the match. It was a great day out. I think football could learn a thing or two here.

Hah, it does sound brilliant - and ironically that was the kind of thing I expected from Katrien's talk of the "match day experience"... somehow we got a bloody sofa though?
  • Options
    5000 fan sofas.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

In league 1 we were getting 16k fans last time. Once we started winning it people get interested.

Target 20k should be applauded as a link between the fans and the club. I understand they are taken seriously by the club and we shouldn't vilify them - perhaps we could take it for what it is - the club asking fans for help and some fans getting involved.

Or you could slag them off - your choice

Admire their loyalty. Hate their stupidity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    To increase attendances, you need to ensure the pricing is competitive. Then you need to ensure that the product is enjoyable and around that improve the match day experience as far as you can. But above all you get the product right as that is what it is all about. There – you don’t need to form a group to know that! It’s obvious FFS!.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

But that was based on a level of season ticket sales that wouldn't have substantially reduced from Championship levels, and presumably in some cases from more people then coming with them to games.

Not sure that will be the case this time around with Roland still in charge or some pretty attractive matchday ticket prices.
  • Options

Tbf that's along the lines of what Meire's trying to do at Charlton. I think that sort of stuff is all good.

It's when they do that and ignore the first team that's the elephant in the room.

Thinking that if they provide all that we'll be happy watching a load of Academy players that aren't yet up to the required standard supplemented with a lot of unfit and poor standard players.
  • Options
    The biggest problem has been the control required by Roland.

This has lead to poor appointments at CEO and COO, to poor or under supported (in terms of ability to choose players and playing style) first team coaches and consequent poor and inconsistent player recruitment.

• Options
    20K..... I would be happy with 20th position next season in league one.
  • Options
    I've an idea for target 20k.

Write to the 30,000 S/T holders waiting at West Ham.
  • Options

Live music, flags? Guessing there was music after every try too? If that was to happen at the valley I'd give up on football altogether. Think you'd like it down palace mind.
  • Options
    Get an informed owner plus a business experienced CEO plus a British Manager and start playing attractive and successful football. Rocket science it is not.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    When we feel that we are trying to be successful, whether we are or not, and we are not insulted by the CEO and owner we will start flooding back - no matter how we are doing. When the club is growing, that is the time to grow it more. I have been staggered by how the club genuinely doesn't seem bothered that Charlton nuts like me who have supported the club through thick and thin over decades are turning their backs. If they can't keep us thick or thinners, how can they bring new fans in?
  • Options
    Forget 20k fans in the Valley, the UPBEATS want £20k, you can help by donating at:

https://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeatsday2016.