Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boo Boys!

2»

Comments

• Don't agree with booing before he has stepped onto the pitch, but his decent performances have been too few and far between. Personally, I hope he moves on in the summer.
  • He is shit (he's in good company though as there are a number of shit players in the squad) but no need to boo him.
  • Agree on the booing. But anyone clinging onto the idea that Mak is a good player - based on Rotherham and Hull - has probably missed all of his other performances. He is completely ineffective.

The thought of Mak and Sarr on that Tuesday night at Colchester still gives me cold shivers. Two of the worst performances you could imagine.
  • Can you imagine the noise if we booed every Charlton player who has been sh1t this season?
  • £2m and he's ours #bargain

I'm hearing Katrien is in Dubai and has offered 4m #smartnegotiator #Thompsonholidays #WTF
  • Redhenry said:

Never understood booing your own players before they enter the pitch

Or ever. Like Harriott against Brum he was slagged off because the morons around me could not see that his efforts were gaining space for Vetokele. From what I saw yesterday he was playing in the same way but am not sure whether he was treated as badly by the supporters.
  • I get booed into the office every morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• iamdan said:

I get booed into the office every morning.

You shouldn't be so popular :wink: .
  • iamdan said:

That's good!. They don't pay your benefits ...
  • Redhenry said:

never understood booing your own players under any circumstances, save it for the opposition .. but it's not a new thing down the Valley, been a feature for the past 50+ years
  • Totally agree we have some idiots as fans , in some games the opposition have not been able to handle him and he still gets booed. or sarcastically cheered, what good does that do for anyone's confidence.
  • iamdan said:

I've heard they are going to launch beach balls at your desk tomorrow and blow whistles really loudly in your ears.

"We want Dan Out, We want Dan out"
    Je suis Dan.
  • Redhenry said:

never understood booing your own players under any circumstances, save it for the opposition .. but it's not a new thing down the Valley, been a feature for the past 50+ years
    Well I have also been going 50 years plus, and never witnessed it as bad as now....You can't even watch a game now, without a load of idiots, giving hand gestures for ninety minutes...God knows what they would have made of Dick Plumb and Barry Endean....
  • Redhenry said:

Well I have also been going 50 years plus, and never witnessed it as bad as now....You can't even watch a game now, without a load of idiots, giving hand gestures for ninety minutes...God knows what they would have made of Dick Plumb and Barry Endean....
    I saw an idiot doing hand gestures at the Rotherham away match.
    Sadly, he is still playing for us.
  • I was there, and I didn't. ...probably Mak and he has probably recognised that we have a fair share of them behind the goal. Surprised people that do that travelled that far...
  • I don't think Makienok is shit.

Definitely limited in what he can do (ghosting in with a powerful header not a strong point, nor finding a player with the hoofed up balls he wins, nor a poacher, nor someone who looks naturally comfortable on the ball with a bunch of tricks) and who he plays well with (players who find some space for him to link play with) but not shit.

He's still top goal scorer for us despite missing near on half the season, not getting the first team runs he was hoping for when fit, and getting booed at every stage, before during and after his appearances.

He does have a good touch on the floor and with confidence scores goals.

He's not been as good as I had hoped but I wouldn't say he's shit.

But that is not the point. I don't believe you should boo one of your players onto the pitch ever.

Booing off is bad enough but booing on is completely mental.

That said, he's too expensive at £2m but at £500k I'd have home for next season. Worth at least 15 goals....maybe

• Sponsored links:

• iamdan said:

At last we have smoked you out Katrien.
  • Kap10 said:

A sign of our clubs toxic nature inside and out, was watching the vid of Hull at home, there is a decent player there.

I think that could well apply to a lot of our players - plenty of talent waiting to be unleashed. Could also argue that it applies to Head Coaches as well.
    This club is toxic and sucks the life-force and the footballing desire out of anyone who comes into contact with it. Except Roland, Katrien, Murray and Keohane - who all seem to have sold their souls already.
  • Redhenry said:

And at most grounds. Someone I work with went to Villa v Bournemouth at the weekend and apparently every Villa player was booed when the names were read out pre match. Quite a lot of similarities between ourselves and Villa at the moment.
  • Seen the best and worst of our fans this season. We do seem to have a sizeable contingent of idiots...
  • I do get a tad fed up with some on here taking the moral high ground.......at the end of the day, he's had a shocking season. He's not very good. More often than not he looks like he cant be bothered to play for us and he is constantly outplayed by the opposition. Alright he's had 2 half decent games all season, but so did KF and it was ok to boo him?

You pay your money, you're entitled to express your opinion. If a few hundred decide to express their opinion at the same time, by way of booing, that's just the way it is. Doesn't mean they are mornic or all idiots. Doesn't mean they should be ashamed of themselves. it just means that in each individuals eyes, he has massively under-performed and they want to express their feelings. Fair enough i say.

• braydex said:

I do get a tad fed up with some on here taking the moral high ground.......at the end of the day, he's had a shocking season. He's not very good. More often than not he looks like he cant be bothered to play for us and he is constantly outplayed by the opposition. Alright he's had 2 half decent games all season, but so did KF and it was ok to boo him?

You pay your money, you're entitled to express your opinion. If a few hundred decide to express their opinion at the same time, by way of booing, that's just the way it is. Doesn't mean they are mornic or all idiots. Doesn't mean they should be ashamed of themselves. it just means that in each individuals eyes, he has massively under-performed and they want to express their feelings. Fair enough i say.

You pay to get in , nobody can tell you not to boo. In fact it's a pisstake that some fans claim to be a 'better supporter' than those who boo.
    We all see football differently, we all react differently and that's the beauty of it.

The point is that booing a player before they have even entered the field of play is demoralising.
  • Wouldn't claim to be better than anyone. We all pay our money. If one fan's entitled to boo, then another's entitled to say they're an idiot. Can understand expressing frustration after or even during a performance, but before seems pretty, well... unique.

To be clear, I think Makienok's generally been pretty useless this season, though I wouldn't single him out over and above (despite his height) any of a number of underperformers. On Saturday, he actually had a pretty good game. Great knockdown to start the move from which we scored, and if I remember correctly a similar one in the build-up to Igor's bad miss...
  • Very encouraging for the opposition, to hear this.
  • No justification for booing. He isn't even good enough for league 1 sadly, rubbish player.
  • Booing players beforehand is crazy.

There is a player there, but the same could have been said about Tucudean. No way will he be with us next season either way, the transfer fee and wages would be way above what we could afford anyway