Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National, Aintree, 2016 - Race horse Death watch

Comments

• Options
    Time to win loads of money lovelyyyyy
  • Options

Feel like I've been told off by my mum and dad. Sorry.

Which one am i?

Or am I the rebellious cousin?
  • Options

Did I mention you're grounded?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Which one am i?

Or am I the rebellious cousin?
    You're the strange uncle with the wierd photos.
    ;-)
  • Options
    Well done Anna
  • Options
    edited April 2016
  • Options

From what I've read, he posts about a horse death, gets abuse from people who don't agree he should post about horse deaths and then retaliates. He has done what he was asked by avoiding the main race meet betting thread so doesn't deserve abuse. Just let him do his thing and avoid his threads.

Agree with this.

Find it weird how it makes people so angry
  • Options
    Im not angry and why avoid the thread when it needs a balanced response
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm very disappointed by some of the "respected" posters' comments on here today. Shame on you.

.... I sign & share umpteen petitions each week in an effort to bring Government attention ( both here and overseas) to animal cruelty in our world.

I also donate monthly to the RSPCA & Dogs' Trust and support Battersea Cats & Dogs Home, SPANA ( yes, horses' welfare) and adopt a donkey from the Sanctuary in Sidmouth each year for our grandkids.

Heartless bastard though I apparently am, I too sign all of those petitons, support numerous animal charities, at home and abroad, and have 2 rescue dogs as loved members of our family.
    I respectfully suggest you refrain from being judgmental and condescending about a subject and other posters you know nothing about Fanny.
  • Options
  • Options

I'm very disappointed by some of the "respected" posters' comments on here today. Shame on you.

.... I sign & share umpteen petitions each week in an effort to bring Government attention ( both here and overseas) to animal cruelty in our world.

I also donate monthly to the RSPCA & Dogs' Trust and support Battersea Cats & Dogs Home, SPANA ( yes, horses' welfare) and adopt a donkey from the Sanctuary in Sidmouth each year for our grandkids.

Heartless bastard though I apparently am, I too sign all of those petitons, support numerous animal charities, at home and abroad, and have 2 rescue dogs as loved members of our family.
    I respectfully suggest you refrain from being judgmental and condescending about a subject and other posters you know nothing about Fanny.
    To clarify, PM, my comments concern the posters who have told AK to " feck off " and call him a WUM , NOT their views. Hence, I repeated the much used phrase of respecting others' opinions.

Please tell me where I have been judgemental or professed to know it all about the given subject or the posters themselves ? I have little knowledge of either but that doesn't prevent me from expressing what I feel.

Like AK, I haven't posted on the Grand National thread expressing my view - I have no wish to read it either.

As I stated earlier, please don't patronise me. I have my view, you have yours and never the twain shall meet.

Finally, I fervently hope that there are no equine deaths or serious injuries tomorrow as I'm sure you and others will agree with whatever you feel about the merits of the race itself.
  • Options
    Don't see why this needs
    Another thread when we've been through all this over Cheltenham. We get it some people don't agree with horse racing each to there own. But why you would go on a football forum looking for reactions is beyond me. We got first time round that your against it. So stop boring us all again with the same argument as 3 weeks ago
  • Options

Please tell me where I have been judgemental or professed to know it all about the given subject or the posters themselves ....".
    I have my view, you have yours and never the twain shall meet.
    I suggest you re-read your first post Fanny. It reeks of judgmentalism.
    You know absolutely nothing about the totality of my views. Yet you presume to set yourself as holier than all of us when it comes to supporting animal welfare and being opposed to animal abuse because we don't share your "abhorrence of the famous race" .
    Now that's patronising.
  • Options
    I like cats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I apologise for my bad language
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I like cats.

I hate them. You must be a WUM.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Don't see why this needs
    Another thread when we've been through all this over Cheltenham. We get it some people don't agree with horse racing each to there own. But why you would go on a football forum looking for reactions is beyond me. We got first time round that your against it. So stop boring us all again with the same argument as 3 weeks ago

shall we get rid of the cycling thread because I'm sure that's boring for a lot of people ?
    If you're not interested don't read it.

I find these threads interesting as it is a subject i don't know much about.
  • Options
    For 177 years this race has been ran and there has been 80 deaths.so that means that a lot lot lot more have have come through unscathed.The owners know the risks of their horses when they put them in the national.i for one will continue to have a little flutter on the national and will as long as its ran.long live one of the greatest sporting highlights of the year the Grand National.
  • Options
    Do horses still die on a course without jumps due to exhaustion or whatever or is that the primary cause?
  • Options
    Maybe the horses like dying
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Do horses still die on a course without jumps due to exhaustion or whatever or is that the primary cause?

Yes. Less dangeorus than jumps but you still get injuries and fatalities
  • Options

I like cats.

I hate cats

But I like song birds and frogs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!