Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simon Clark...

2»

Comments

• Or virtually any club offers one of our people virtually any job at virtually any level it would be hard for us to compete with KM, TK and RD leading the club.

My old work 5 a side was better run than Charlton.

And that was after you had a man sent off.
  • SDAddick said:

So, it's looking increasingly likely that, provided the development of the Academy continues as planned, we'll have fancy facilities but not the key coaches that helped bring through the best of our (recent) young talent.

I wonder what the pro-regime view of that would be....

I think that, regardless of the regime, if another club offers one of our coaches a manager's job for their senior team, it's going to be hard to compete.
    I agree, but (to misquote Lady Bracknell in The Importance of Being Earnest), "To lose one youth coach Monsieur Duchatelet may be a misfortune, to lose almost all of them looks like a fecking shambles".

The turnover since 2014 has been horrendous.
  • Newspaper speculation, why would he want to go to a mid table Conference club?

He's looked into a crystal ball and seen us playing them in a league fixture in in 2018 and wants to get ahead of the curve.
  • Man the lifeboats. The ship is sinking.
  • Newspaper speculation, why would he want to go to a mid table Conference club?

Probably to get away from us. The Dog and Duck would be a move forwards.

And it's his local area.
    No way is a Conference club a move forwards from a Championship/L1 club, however disfunctional. Go down to that level, and he'll be stuck coaching non league football, or L2 at best
    Give us 2-3 more years and we'll be playing against him.
  • Living in Lincoln and commuting. The geezer needs to show some committment and move down here.
  • edited April 2016
    Can't believe this is true. The rates Roland pays, SC would be out the money after fuel costs alone!
  • jamescafc said:

Can't believe this is true. The rates Roland pays, SC would be out the money after fuel costs alone!

I bet property prices are a lot cheaper up there though!
  • Living in Lincoln and commuting. The geezer needs to show some committment and move down here.

As long as it's by train, it's real Charlton...
  • 1se7 said:

Man the lifeboats. The ship is sinking.

If they're Roland's lifeboats there won't be any oars. He has this theory you can power boats by thinking them forward ...
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

The only people that seem to hang around for any time are those we are told are interim appointments.

And that's why our interim owners won't seem to go away.