Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simon Clark...

Ran the U21 side when Euell was supporting Fraeye. Highly thought of and recently promoted to support Riga as 1st team coach. Now may be off: http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Charlton-Athletic-coach-Simon-Clark-fit-Lincoln/story-29065049-detail/story.html

Comments

• It'll be a big step up for him, but I reckon he could do it.
  • edited April 2016
    Good luck to him if so, cant blame someone wanting to take their first Management job.

I've wondered whether its coincidence that our good form pretty much began when Clark and Euell switched roles
  • This would be a real blow. I believe he is highly thought of
  • Can't blame him. Everyone must want out of the madhouse and anyone with the skills to jump ship will surely do so.

Unfortunately that leaves us with squirrel face.
  • Newspaper speculation, why would he want to go to a mid table Conference club?
  • Newspaper speculation, why would he want to go to a mid table Conference club?

Especially after seeing Powell go from coaching under Sven to being a full manager here then being jobless?
  • edited April 2016

Newspaper speculation, why would he want to go to a mid table Conference club?

Probably to get away from us. The Dog and Duck would be a move forwards.

And it's his local area.

And it's his local area.
    No way is a Conference club a move forwards from a Championship/L1 club, however disfunctional. Go down to that level, and he'll be stuck coaching non league football, or L2 at best
  • Sponsored links:

And it's his local area.
    No way is a Conference club a move forwards from a Championship/L1 club, however disfunctional. Go down to that level, and he'll be stuck coaching non league football, or L2 at best
    I reckon most Conference sides would thrash a Belgian 3rd Division side....

And it's his local area.
    Plenty of Managers have gone from the Conference into the upper leagues before now.

And it's his local area.
    Plenty of Managers have gone from the Conference into the upper leagues before now.
    To L2 perhaps. Certainly no higher unless you're a famous name, which Clark isn't

• edited April 2016
    Lincoln City were in the same division as us (old second division) when I started going. I'm sure they have ambitions.
  • Oakster said:

And it's his local area.
    Did The Dog & Duck ever replace Fraeye after we poached him ?
    I think Bob Peters took over for a game last 3-0 (improvement on Fraye) so he got that sack.
  • edited April 2016

And it's his local area.
    He was caretaker manager as well as youth team manager there and from area - that's probably a deal breaker for him.

Anyway I said the dog and duck was a move forwards, a conference team will make him feel like he has rolled up at Barcalona :smile:

And it's his local area.
    To L2 perhaps. Certainly no higher unless you're a famous name, which Clark isn't

Don't forget Nigel Clough or Mark Cooper both went on to manage in the Championship whilst Steve Evans is still here

And it's his local area.
    I reckon most Conference sides would thrash Charlton
  • Simon Clark is an excellent coach and would do well as his own Boss.
  • Massive loss if he goes. Have to wonder why avory has yet to be poached
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:

And it's his local area.
    Did The Dog & Duck ever replace Fraeye after we poached him ?
    I think Bob Peters took over for a game last 3-0 (improvement on Fraye) so he got that sack.
    Actually I notice poor old FC Lommel lost 3-0 at home on Saturday - Fraeye is bringing them his Charlton touch...

And it's his local area.

Don't forget Nigel Clough or Mark Cooper both went on to manage in the Championship whilst Steve Evans is still here snapping benches in half
  • Massive loss if he goes. Have to wonder why avory has yet to be poached

Give it time .......
  • He was extremely vocal and impressive when I had the training ground tour a couple of weeks ago.

I know he is extremely highly thought of - just look at the results of the youth teams this season - once again.

This would be an annoying one because I think he has a lot of potential

And it's his local area.

Don't forget Nigel Clough or Mark Cooper both went on to manage in the Championship whilst Steve Evans is still here
    Clough took Burton into the league, is a former England international and son of Brian!
    Cooper was sacked 13 games into his Championship career
    Evans worked his way up the ladder, starting at Stamford then taking Boston into the Football League, but he is very much a fat bastard the exception

• edited April 2016

And it's his local area.

Clough took Burton into the league, is a former England international and son of Brian!
    Cooper was sacked 13 games into his Championship career
    Evans worked his way up the ladder, starting at Stamford then taking Boston into the Football League, but he is very much a fat bastard the exception

Clough then went on to Derby and took them from a struggling Championship side to the team they are now... Cant really stat he's done well because of his name else why did he have to drop to the Conference in the first place.

Mark Cooper though went on to do quite well @ Peterborough and last season @ Swindon before it all fell apart both in L1
  • So, it's looking increasingly likely that, provided the development of the Academy continues as planned, we'll have fancy facilities but not the key coaches that helped bring through the best of our (recent) young talent.

I wonder what the pro-regime view of that would be....
  • The only people that seem to hang around for any time are those we are told are interim appointments.
  • So, it's looking increasingly likely that, provided the development of the Academy continues as planned, we'll have fancy facilities but not the key coaches that helped bring through the best of our (recent) young talent.

I wonder what the pro-regime view of that would be....

I think that, regardless of the regime, if another club offers one of our coaches a manager's job for their senior team, it's going to be hard to compete.
  • Or virtually any club offers one of our people virtually any job at virtually any level it would be hard for us to compete with KM, TK and RD leading the club.

My old work 5 a side was better run than Charlton.