Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chance we'll be on the tele last day of the season?

Looks like the race to win the league might go down to the wire, I'd expect they'd want to televise a couple of the clubs involved and as things stand, that would include Burnley.

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this but surely this is an even greater opportunity for worldwide coverage.

Comments

• If Burnley are already promoted and we are already relegated I can see it being a non view for the TV.
  • And we've got plenty of empty seats to give away to Burnley.
  • Give the home fans the Jimmy Seed and Burnley the North, East and West.

Party
  • As it's Charlton, you just know, we will need to win to avoid relegation and Burnley will need to win to achieve automatic promotion!
  • If we are relegated by then a boycott would be good. Kat can then see what the future holds for next season.
  • Uboat said:

If Burnley have got something to play for I would be uneasy about disrupting the game.

It would be a bit disrespectful to the league if we interrupted a game that was seriously important to another team
  • Sponsored links:

• Addicks give their tickets to Burnley fans so that ground full of claret and blue and no money to Ducgataket dies failure. Oops Freudian. Duchatalet does failure.
  • A half time pitch invasion? Those that are not renewing needn't worry about a ban.
  • Uboat said:

If Burnley have got something to play for I would be uneasy about disrupting the game.

It would be a bit disrespectful to the league if we interrupted a game that was seriously important to another team
    who cares? we're not going to be in it again for years...
  • Uboat said:

Don't confuse 'League' with 'Division'!
  • edited April 2016
  • iamdan said:

Give the home fans the Jimmy Seed and Burnley the North, East and West.

Party

Where are the Bournemouth fans going to sit?
  • Uboat said:

Surely it's either disrespectful or it isn't - the time of year is immaterial. We disrupted the Middlesbrough and they may lose out on the league by 1 point.

I say that in the name of Championship fairness, we should be exactly as disruptive in the Burnley game as we were against Boro.
  • Sponsored links:

• wickford said:

Uboat said:

Don't confuse 'League' with 'Division'!
    give it a couple of years...
  • We can put 3,000 Old Bill in the West Lower ready to try and control the Hillbillies when they emerge from the ground ready to riot.
  • Essex_Al said:

As it's Charlton, you just know, we will need to win to avoid relegation and Burnley will need to win to achieve automatic promotion!

Keep taking those tablets amigo.
  • The only situation where they should be in-match protests is if they are already up as champions and we are down or (ha) safe, and if that is the case there won't be any live coverage of the game anyway. But if that is the case then it should be open season on Roland and his merry crew.
  • mogodon said:

The only situation where they should be in-match protests is if they are already up as champions and we are down or (ha) safe, and if that is the case there won't be any live coverage of the game anyway. But if that is the case then it should be open season on Roland and his merry crew.

If Burnley are still chasing the title and the game was on Sky, if the in-match disruptive protests took place in the opening minutes like the Boro and Brum games and our match then fell a few minutes behind the other title-deciding matches, the second half of those other matches could be delayed so that they all kicked off together
  • Or wait until the last few minutes of the match by which point we're already losing 3-0. :-)
  • Just remember... When we played Bournemouth last season that match wasn't on TV but the moment they won the League, Sky TV went straight to the Valley to show Bournemouth lifting the trophy.

If there is to be a protest why not save it until then and delay Burnley lifting the trophy if it can be helped?
  • Just remember... When we played Bournemouth last season that match wasn't on TV but the moment they won the League, Sky TV went straight to the Valley to show Bournemouth lifting the trophy.

If there is to be a protest why not save it until then and delay Burnley lifting the trophy if it can be helped?

That's not fair on Burnley. We shouldn't rob them of their moment just because we are owned by an utter dickhead. Quite like the idea of something delaying the start or the start of the second half ... not in the match itself but a public embarrassment for the board.
  • mogodon said:

Just remember... When we played Bournemouth last season that match wasn't on TV but the moment they won the League, Sky TV went straight to the Valley to show Bournemouth lifting the trophy.

That's not fair on Burnley. We shouldn't rob them of their moment just because we are owned by an utter dickhead. Quite like the idea of something delaying the start or the start of the second half ... not in the match itself but a public embarrassment for the board.
    Burnley will have won promotion though, whilst all we'd be doing is holding it up slightly
  • All this talk of it being unfair on Burnley is crazy, as though the whistle protest against Boro was "fair". If I was a Boro fan, I'd be annoyed that it was my club that didn't matter but Burnley deserve different treatment.