Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Riga - We need a miracle

2»

Comments

• Well I think we have been average nearly 2 points a game from our last six - I suppose it is when you start measuring.
  • Now we've sorted out the defence, we need lots of shooting practice this week.

Can I volunteer Katrien and Roland as targets (someone might "accidentally" load live ammunition)?
  • edited April 2016
    The problem is if the club had been run properly we would probably not need to be calling on divine intervention at this stage.
    The miracle would be Roland holding his hands up, saying he has really screwed it up, and getting in proper experienced football people to get this club back up to the Championship next season.
    If you're not going to go,Roland, just do the right thing and employ the RIGHT people.
  • "You have seen from that performance that we have the drive, will and commitment to fight until the end, until it is mathematically not possible. But we will need to create a miracle.

“We did very well and tried to play football while enduring a tough challenge. We created good opportunities and was strong both offensively and defensively.

“The only thing missing was the one goal and we deserved to take all three points. We were not lucky with the other results but we have to keep performing.”

“We are realistic on the situation and while, it’s a great performance, we have to only win matches, so we need a lot from the next six games."

Sick making weasel hypocrite words from a Duchatelet lickspittle. Riga you despicable fraud.
    Your selections once again stick two big fat fingers up to the Addickted.
    Harriott thru the middle after Saturday's farcical performance.
    Lookman down the left yet again - he's not a miracle worker! FFS!
    Simply playing those 2 in their natural positions would have multiplied Ipswich's problems.
    You know precisely what you're up to but you've been found out, you're in on RD's sick pantomime and are very much part of our problem.
    You join a short list of the most loathsome pricks to have defiled the position of Charlton manager.
  • I am not a fan of Riga but he seems by far the best of the bunch forced on us by Duchatalet, and undoubtedly preferable to the likely dross heading our way if he goes.
  • jamescafc said:

I have always liked Jose Riga. It's a shame so many associate him with KM and RD. He has handled a difficult situation very well. It's such a shame he couldn't have another 5-8 games as I believe he'd have got us out of this mess.

I think he will have another 5-8 games. At the start of next season. Then we can begin the search for a succession of interim managers.
  • Championship Form Table for last 6 and last 10

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2
  • micks1950 said:

Championship Form Table for last 6 and last 10

Interesting. Only three points behind Rotherham over the last 6 games with Sheffield Wednesday right up there at the top on current form as well. Puts our defeat there into perspective.
  • Sponsored links:

• micks1950 said:

Interesting. Only three points behind Rotherham over the last 6 games with Sheffield Wednesday right up there at the top on current form as well. Puts our defeat there into perspective.
    And our win over Birmingham...
  • WSS said:

"You have seen from that performance that we have the drive, will and commitment to fight until the end, until it is mathematically not possible. But we will need to create a miracle.

“We did very well and tried to play football while enduring a tough challenge. We created good opportunities and was strong both offensively and defensively.

“The only thing missing was the one goal and we deserved to take all three points. We were not lucky with the other results but we have to keep performing.”

“We are realistic on the situation and while, it’s a great performance, we have to only win matches, so we need a lot from the next six games."

Sick making weasel hypocrite words from a Duchatelet lickspittle. Riga you despicable fraud.
    Simply playing those 2 in their natural positions would have multiplied Ipswich's problems.
    You know precisely what you're up to but you've been found out, you're in on RD's sick pantomime and are very much part of our problem.
    You join a short list of the most loathsome pricks to have defiled the position of Charlton manager.
    Agreed. Don't fall for the facade...

He's Roland's Crisis Consultant - a polished, amicable bloke who says the right things to get fans on side.

He has been (from the outside) screwed time after time by Roland but still comes squirreling back.
    we were only 3 points from safety when he took over

• micks1950 said:

I'm surprised anybody expected a result up there, they've lost twice at home all season.
  • micks1950 said:

And our win over Birmingham...
    And our win over Middlesborough... we can all pick and choose.
  • edited April 2016
    SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

WSS said:

"You have seen from that performance that we have the drive, will and commitment to fight until the end, until it is mathematically not possible. But we will need to create a miracle.

He's Roland's Crisis Consultant - a polished, amicable bloke who says the right things to get fans on side.

He has been (from the outside) screwed time after time by Roland but still comes squirreling back.

True but in that time Rotherham and Bristol City have gone on very good runs. Can only hope it's our turn now while one or both flounder. He inherited a side that had lost 13-1 on aggregate over its last three matches. You can't say there hasn't been improvement.
    There's been an improvement - there is also a much, much better pool of players that he has been given to choose from.

I would also add that, despite his "charm", for me he is symbolic of this rotten regime, hanging around Duchatatalet like a bad smell - I want him gone with the rest of them.

Then i would have my Charlton back, I accept my Charlton might not be the same as somebody elses - but it's the way I feel about this whole sorry saga right now.
  • edited April 2016
    If we attribute the 6-0 at Hull to JE and DM who took charge for it, this is what we get:
    13 games each
    Luzon W2 D4 L7 (GS11/GC21 GD-10)
    Fraeye W2 D4 L7 (GS10/GC26 GD -16)
    Riga W4 D4 L5 (GS15/GC17GD-2)
    If you choose to be merciless and include the Hull game stats are W4D4L6 1.142ppg -8 GD

2 wins more, (1 or) 2 losses less!

I'd definitely say this shows signs of improvement, though we clearly still have some rot remaining.

It can't be disputed that it has slowed can it?
  • The unmerciful fog of bad result upon result sort of hides those stark figures. Let's face it we deserve our eventual demotion this year...
  • edited April 2016
    Never give in.
    Never back down.
    We can survive!

Rotherham are the surprise how have they drawn so few?

Rotherham
    W12 D7 L21

Charlton
    W8 D12 L20

MKD
    W9 D10 L21

BCFC
    W11 D11 L18

BWFC
    W4 D14 L22

• SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

WSS said:

True but in that time Rotherham and Bristol City have gone on very good runs. Can only hope it's our turn now while one or both flounder. He inherited a side that had lost 13-1 on aggregate over its last three matches. You can't say there hasn't been improvement.
    Indeed. It's also fair to say he inherited a side that was totally and utterly bereft of any confidence whatsoever. It's not surprising that it has taken some time to put a run together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Never give in.
    Never back down.
    We can survive!

Rotherham are the surprise how have they drawn so few?

Rotherham
    W12 D7 L21

Charlton
    W8 D12 L20

MKD
    W9 D10 L21

BCFC
    W11 D11 L18

BWFC
    W4 D14 L22

I started reading this and thought immediately of Galaxy Quest...
  • 3blokes said:

If you're not going to go,Roland, just do the right thing and employ the RIGHT people.

And once you've employed the right people let them get on with the job and give them the necessary support.

In other words, let them pick their own players to bring into the club.