Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons v Rotherham.

They play this weekend, which means we are as good as relegated if either wins.

Comments

• Not really - it's MK and Brizzle we need to aim for. Mind you, Brizzle will take some catching...
  • If MK Dons win nothing changes Rotherham will still be on 43 points so that is what we want coupled with us winning
  • edited April 2016
    MK win as long as we do as well

Just hope either Rotherham or Bristol City go on a disastrous run
  • edited April 2016
    The Fulham win is what's f*cked us.

Still, there's six teams hovering around 43-46 points now. I'd expect one of them to lose their heads and fall short of 50 points. We have to get above them and MK Dons.

At the weekend, we need MK winning with us to keep Rotherham among the pack. After that MK can lose every match 15-0.

14 points from six games looks like a tough ask now... 4 wins, 2 draws or 5 wins, 1 loss... :-(
  • We are down anyway. Doesn't matter what happens in any games. Need to start accepting it and concentrating on the battle that remains off the pitch.

Wow, you're a light of optimism.

Rotherham lose, we win, and there's 4 points between us, with 5 to play, including us away at Bolton.
  • We are down anyway. Doesn't matter what happens in any games. Need to start accepting it and concentrating on the battle that remains off the pitch.

Rotherham lose, we win, and there's 4 points between us, with 5 to play, including us away at Bolton.
    That means that Rotherham would need to lose 2 and us get two wins from those games plus match their results from the remaining 3 games. They currently havent lost since February 23rd, very unlikely outcome imo.
  • The problem is, that from mid table down there are a load of mediocre teams who are taking it in turns to have mini slumps and mini revivals, but because of our gap behind them are thus always staying out of danger

Brentford after a terrible run have just won 2 on the spin, and effectively out of reach now. Fulham were also on a terrible run, and have now won 2 on the spin pulling themselves away from us

Forest are now on a terrible run (8 losses, 1 win and 1 draw in their last 10), relegation form but they are still 10 points above us
  • Looking at our remaining games I can't see it happening. Sorry lads
  • Sponsored links:

Few issues with that.

1. Rotherham losing and us winning. Very unlikely.

2. Add one point to the gap as our goal difference is essentially another point.

3. Nothing in our away form this year suggests we will beat Bolton.

I am just a realist. There is nothing optimistic or pessimistic about our situation. We are more gone than a dodo.

• We're miles adrift and have probably the toughest run in of the bottom 6. We're all but mathematically down thanks to Roly and his useless clown of a 'manager' Karel Fraeye.
  • We're miles adrift and have probably the toughest run in of the bottom 6. We're all but mathematically down thanks to Roly and his useless clown of a 'manager' Karel Fraeye.

Is it the toughest...?

It certainly is on paper but I'd prefer to play teams further up the table than those around us... Whenever Sky went to our game, Dickie Davis said it was open and that Charlton were on top (thats because the teams we're facing have to win so have to attack us which is leaving some nice gaps for Lookman / Harriott / Vetokele to exploit.

On the other hand you had Bristol City v Rotherham last night which was tight and cagey and both teams knew that to lose would be harmful to their hopes of survival, it meant a drab draw which didnt really benefit either side.

All we need to do is start taking our chances... If our rivals continue to be cagey then we can exploit that.

Its one of the main reasons I've got hope at the moment, if we were finishing the season facing the bottom six I wouldnt be confident
  • forget Rotherham there is no way we will catch them, we have to hope that MK Dons and Bristol City both go on a loosing run while we win just about every game, so this Saturday come on you Millers!
  • We want MK Dons to win this - If we win that means we are only a point behind them but 3 points closer to Rotherham.
  • forget Rotherham there is no way we will catch them, we have to hope that MK Dons and Bristol City both go on a loosing run while we win just about every game, so this Saturday come on you Millers!

I'm surprised at how bad Nottingham Forest are doing and the fact that we could catch them.

Seeing that they've got a Chris Ramsey / Terry O'Connor / Les Reed type figure in charge I don't think its a bad shout
  • If I was a betting man, I'd lay good money on us finishing 3rd bottom. MKD aren't in good form and we should catch them, but the other teams above us are either playing well enough to keep picking up wins or have too big a cushion for us to close (e.g. Forest)
  • The Fulham win is what's f*cked us...

80 days of the inept clown Carol Fry is what's f*cked us.
    A whole season incompetent management of the club by two-bit Lawyer Daisy Merde is what's f*cked us.
    Two years under the ownership of myopic visionary Ducktape Douchbag is what's f*cked us. Up the harris. With a huge iron dildo. Wrapped in sandpaper and studded with roofing nails.
  • Rotherham have been on a fantastic run, but if they were to lose and suddenly get dragged back into it, it could make them very nervous, with their run of good form behind them.
    But it's all academic if we don't win at QPR. We need to get ourselves in a situation where we can apply some pressure on those above us, at the moment the gap is just too big.
  • Sponsored links:

• losing to fulham and throwing away a 2 goal lead to Bolton hasnt done us any favours added with the fact that the team havent turned up/not been good enough for 3/4 of the season in addition it doesn't help with the appointment of managers with no more experience then big dave who runs the coach and horses pub team.

were just prolonging going down, i would love to stay up but 5 from 6 is a big big ask from us and dont think weve got the minerals personally.
  • Rotherham have been on a fantastic run, but if they were to lose and suddenly get dragged back into it, it could make them very nervous, with their run of good form behind them.
    But it's all academic if we don't win at QPR. We need to get ourselves in a situation where we can apply some pressure on those above us, at the moment the gap is just too big.

I said last night that its a shame that we didnt win because it would have meant we'd have gone ahead of MK Dons which would have been a huge confidence booster for the players... In a sense its a good thing that hasnt happened as the MK Dons would possibly lose confidence and we need them to beat Rotherham on Saturday!!
  • I honestly think Rotherham are on such a roll they won't be caught, hopefully we get a better result than Bristol City, Huddersfield and Fulham at the weekend, whilst Warnock's mob stuff Franchise.
  • Rotherham haven't won one of their games in this run by more than a single goal which suggests a bit of luck. Clearly Warnock is doing something right but they could just as easily go on a bad run. They aren't real Madrid.
  • Stig said:

The Fulham win is what's f*cked us...

A whole season incompetent management of the club by two-bit Lawyer Daisy Merde is what's f*cked us.
    Two years under the ownership of myopic visionary Ducktape Douchbag is what's f*cked us. Up the harris. With a huge iron dildo. Wrapped in sandpaper and studded with roofing nails.
    Part of the new range at Ann Summers?
  • We want MK Dons to win this - If we win that means we are only a point behind them but 3 points closer to Rotherham.

Not sure that I can ever want them to win anything...

I think we're down, and would be happy to see the franchise brought down with us.
  • Stig said:

The Fulham win is what's f*cked us...

Part of the new range at Ann Summers?
    Surely more likely to be (drum roll).... Screwfix.
  • edited April 2016

We want MK Dons to win this - If we win that means we are only a point behind them but 3 points closer to Rotherham.

I think we're down, and would be happy to see the franchise brought down with us.
    I would be happy to see them brought down, but would rather it wasn't with us. The result that makes that still possible is for them to win on Saturday! Say we win on Saturday and they lose. We than go on to win 3 and draw 1 of our last 5. That means if Rotherham gain a point a game from their last 5, we will end up above them. We also have a number of clubs we can still mathematically catch - one of those could have a very poor run - it happens.

It isn't likely, but we shouldn't give up until it is impossible.

Luckily mathematically is all that matters.

Oh I think Franchise are down whether we're with them or not.

Neither Charlton or the Franchise can score goals, the only difference is we've learnt to stop them