Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

There seems to be a rumour going around that Brentford are about to go into Administration.

2»

Comments

• In the most recent Brentford accounts to 30 Jun 2015, it reveals that Benham's total commitment to the club is £76m, up from £46m the prior year. The increase of £30m is explained by £5.9m of net equity and £24m of new loans issued by Benham - the loans incidentally are

Despite reaching the play-offs in 2014/15, the club lost £15m on turnover of just £9.9m - it is utter madness.

I know quite a bit about Benham through contacts in his sports betting world (plenty of info in the public domain too) and while he is wealthy, he is certainly not 'super-rich' nor is he as rich as Duchatelet (if reports of his net worth are to be believed).
  • But this is straw clutching. We have to get the points - simple as.
  • if nothing else its just goes to highlight from Fifa downwards what a crazy world football governance and finance is !
  • In the most recent Brentford accounts to 30 Jun 2015, it reveals that Benham's total commitment to the club is £76m, up from £46m the prior year. The increase of £30m is explained by £5.9m of net equity and £24m of new loans issued by Benham - the loans incidentally are

Despite reaching the play-offs in 2014/15, the club lost £15m on turnover of just £9.9m - it is utter madness.

I know quite a bit about Benham through contacts in his sports betting world (plenty of info in the public domain too) and while he is wealthy, he is certainly not 'super-rich' nor is he as rich as Duchatelet (if reports of his net worth are to be believed).

He's also repeatedly publically stated that he's willing to fund the club at a loss for quite some considerable time before its in a situation to be profitable. Imo that's linked with their Lionel road move, pretty much doubling their capacity with better corporate facilities etc. After that I think he'd Be willing to stop funding losses.

Iirc he is worth around £500 million, similar to duchatalet. He's a boyhood fan so I'm sure would rather see the club be sold (no shortage of buyers for a west London club and a new stadium ready to be built imo) before doing anything like filing for admin, which would surely see their plans for a new stadium up in smoke?
  • Doesn't the Brentford owner also own the illegitimate child of Charlton and Wolves (i.e. FC Midtjylland).

Surely if Brentford are in trouble, they're in trouble too?

And there was me thinking that Muzza was the illegitimate child of Charlton & Wolves.
  • Doesn't the Brentford owner also own the illegitimate child of Charlton and Wolves (i.e. FC Midtjylland).

Surely if Brentford are in trouble, they're in trouble too?

They will have made a bit of money from their Europa League run, and will probably have a lower cost base than Brentford, (such is the financial madness of the English Championship)

• He has fingers in lots of pies (some offshore) but his London-based Smartodds entity is barely profitable, generating £10-12m in turnover with nearly 100 people employed.
  • Brentford released a statement on BBC Radio London last night categorically denying this rumour.
  • LouisMend said:

Brentford released a statement on BBC Radio London last night categorically denying this rumour.

Methinks they doth protest too much...

(Or this was just a rumour...probably the latter)