Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

There seems to be a rumour going around that Brentford are about to go into Administration.

edited April 2016 in General Charlton
Currently going around on Football 365 forum

Would that help us at all or would it all be taken into consideration next season?

Comments

• Good question, I think it will have everything to do with the timing. If they can manage to drag it out for literally a month, then they're home safe. I suspect nothing would happen until next season, given how many events would need to unfold for a points deduction to be enacted.
  • But if it is deemed they tried to avoid deduction by doing this then the league might come down harder on them - like they did Leeds
  • Weren't Bolton going into Administration for about three months prior to their takeover?

Reckon if this is true it wont happen until next season
  • Swisdom said:

But if it is deemed they tried to avoid deduction by doing this then the league might come down harder on them - like they did Leeds

I always thought this happened to Leeds / Southampton because they tried to be sneaky about the timing of their Administration announcement?
  • Swisdom said:

But if it is deemed they tried to avoid deduction by doing this then the league might come down harder on them - like they did Leeds

Good point, I was trying to remember what the timing with Luton was the year where they had back-to-back points deductions. Again, it becomes a race against the clock and I'm just not convinced the Football League can act fast enough.

That said, they're on 46 points, a 10 points deduction would see them on 36, one above us and one below MK Dons. Intriguing stuff. It really is the hope that kills you.
  • Doesn't the Brentford owner also own the illegitimate child of Charlton and Wolves (i.e. FC Midtjylland).

Surely if Brentford are in trouble, they're in trouble too?
  • Clearly not. They're loaded. Nothing on Twitter or on the bees message board. File under "some one's pulled your leg"
  • Sponsored links:

• Having a "loaded" owner does not make a football club admin proof.
  • If true I envy them
  • SDAddick said:

Swisdom said:

Good point, I was trying to remember what the timing with Luton was the year where they had back-to-back points deductions. Again, it becomes a race against the clock and I'm just not convinced the Football League can act fast enough.

That said, they're on 46 points, a 10 points deduction would see them on 36, one above us and one below MK Dons. Intriguing stuff. It really is the hope that kills you.
    I think the way it works now is that if a club goes into administration in the last couple of months of the season the points penalty is held off until the end of the season to see where the club finishes.

If it's in the relegation places the deduction is held over to the next season, otherwise it's applied in the current season - if the deduction then results in dropping into the relegation zone then tough luck, down you go.

I'm sure someone will say if this is incorrect ...
  • Yes it would help us but no it won't happen for the reasons stated above so irrelevant
  • Shame on anyone of us who is hoping a footie team goes into admin to save our sorry arses or at anytime

A very good and sobering point, not something we should wish on any team for any reason.
  • Having a "loaded" owner does not make a football club admin proof.

No, but in combination with the loaded owner being a lifelong fan its next to impossible in how unlikely it would be.

There is more likelihood of Roland appointing Rick everritt as ceo than this rumour being true.
  • What utter rubbish. Brentford are owned by a man who's not only a childhood fan but some one who's worth roughly more than Roland. They've got a new stadium on the way and not doing too badly despite a bad start this season. And if I recall correctly, have just upgraded or in the process of upgrading their training ground at Osterley park.

It would literally be the craziest thing in football to happen so I'm guessing it's utter horseshit

I agree, Brentford would be amongst the last clubs in our division that I would expect something like this to happen to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame on anyone of us who is hoping a footie team goes into admin to save our sorry arses or at anytime

I'd take Brentford going into admin to save our skin any day
  • They just posted losses of between £15m and £18m
    Lowest gate receipts and revenue in the division.

Owner wants them to be self sufficient
    New ground is delayed.

Apparently it's a 12 point deduction too....

Shame on anyone of us who is hoping a footie team goes into admin to save our sorry arses or at anytime

Dog eat dog I'm afraid. Why should they run up huge debts to avoid relegation and we go down whilst being run in a perfectly ethical manner and being debt free. (tongue slightly in cheek but the sentiment is valid)
  • It could be one of the less intelligent trolls unleashed by Squirrel Face and her ilk who has gone onto a forum of the wrong club to stir up trouble?
  • From a dog eat situation, I'd be happy if Brentford, MKD, Fulham (and to be sure) Rotherham and Bristol City as well all went into administration (plus Palace of course) but this just seems like a made up rumour.
  • Halix said:

Im forming a new campaign group in that case CARE the Campaign Against Rick Everett! Who wants bloody Charlton fans in charge, we need more Belgians.

Get out there and do some local canvassing, then call yourself "Care in the Community" ;)
  • edited April 2016
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-administration-rumours-dismissed-nonsense-11145317.amp#

Club have just had their stadium approved as well so whoever said their stadium had been delayed was telling porkies.
  • boggzy said:

If true I envy them

My thoughts as well.
  • Swisdom said:

Currently going around on Football 365 forum

Would that help us at all or would it all be taken into consideration next season?

Hopefully wouldn't affect us at all, as I would hate to see Roland get off the hook because of another clubs mistake.
  • As an optimist I hope it happens next week.