Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Foods you eat strangely

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Seen a few videos recently (weirdly, not exactly exciting content) of people making jacket potatoes - food vans and the like.

They all put the cheese under the beans, and there was one basically mocking a customer who asked for it the other way around.

So is it just me that's always put beans then cheese?  That way you get the cheese melting on top of the beans, rather than into potato surely?

Have never considered doing it cheese before beans and have only now understood I might be the strange one!!
    One of my best mates mum used to run a Jacket Potato van in our town centre, which was always great as you'd get a jacket for next to nothing if you were about. But my mate always used to get 4 different topping in one box, he'd have beans + cheese, chili, coleslaw, and I think Tuna Mayo, each in one corner of the box - and not small portions either practically a full serving in each corner.

Always told him I thought it was pretty disgusting myself but he insisted it tasted great - in reality he's just a greedy prick. 
    Until the tuna was added in, the rest sounded OK.  Though I'd rather just separate!

Chilli is the best filling, obviously.
  • Options
    I used to put sugar on my ice cream as a child. 

The thought of doing this now makes me want to be sick.
  • Options
    Was wondering what to have for tea and after reading this thread I'm having a baked potato with cheese, thank you everyone.
  • Options
    My wife likes to eat chocolate alongside a packet of crisps, although I understand it is a bit of a “thing” and a lot of people like to do the same.
    I used to have on my morning tea break at work a bag of bacon flavour frazzels and a chocolate milkshake. A taste sensation!
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Cuboid tins of corned beef that have the metal key to open them.
    Remove from tin and place on a plate , lots of ketchup, eat with a knife and fork, the whole lot.
    Is that strange?
  • Options
    Ketchup is a big no no in my house. Utter muck.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Remove from tin and place on a plate , lots of ketchup, eat with a knife and fork, the whole lot.
    Is that strange?
    What do you do with the blood after opening those booby trapped cans?
  • Options
    My wife likes to eat chocolate alongside a packet of crisps, although I understand it is a bit of a “thing” and a lot of people like to do the same.
    I used to have on my morning tea break at work a bag of bacon flavour frazzels and a chocolate milkshake. A taste sensation!
    Cheese and ham toastie washed down with chocolate milkshake works too. 
  • Options
    You can now buy something called a bar of crisps, basically a chocolate bar with crisps in it, available in ready salted and cheese and onion. It was shown on dragons den recently. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cold baked beans from the tin. Sandwiches with lumps of cheese instead of bread and cucumber etc as the filling. Leave the best (the meat) to last during any dinner. Lick the plate when ever there is any liquid like element left on the plate. Custard creams and bourbons - all the biscuit first. Always fold over cheese on toast. Mayo and ketchup together on lots of stuff. When having cheese on toast - pickle on one slice, ketchup on another, salad cream on one and coleslaw on the last. Still fold. Lump of cheese on a slice of ham which is rolled up and eaten. Cheese used as a spoon to eat cold beans, coleslaw, pot salad etc. Drink the 'juice' from a tin of tuna during the draining process.
    8 years on this is still by far the worst thing i've seen on this thread.
    I have referenced this abomination in many conversations about food.

• Options
    Seen a few videos recently (weirdly, not exactly exciting content) of people making jacket potatoes - food vans and the like.

They all put the cheese under the beans, and there was one basically mocking a customer who asked for it the other way around.

So is it just me that's always put beans then cheese?  That way you get the cheese melting on top of the beans, rather than into potato surely?

Have never considered doing it cheese before beans and have only now understood I might be the strange one!!
    Surely the idea is you want the cheese to melt into the potato ?

I have no idea as I do not eat cheese - it is just severely off milk
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I guess so but I want the butter to melt into the potato and the cheese to melt into the beans!

Just intrigued whether it's me doing it the beans then cheese way round that's unusual and I've never realised!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I guess so but I want the butter to melt into the potato and the cheese to melt into the beans!

Just intrigued whether it's me doing it the beans then cheese way round that's unusual and I've never realised!
    How’d you get the beans above the Frank?
  • Options
    From bottom to top…..

Spud
    Butter
    Beans
    Cheese
    Pepper
  • Options
    I can't believe I haven't mentioned this before. But salad cream mixed with marmite on toast is quite nice.
  • Options
    Our POTY dinners must be an utter freak show
    Brilliant.
  • Options
    A freshly baked white mini loaf (like a giant roll) with the soft bready centre pulled out and eaten, and the resulting void filled with a combination of prawn cocktail crisps and salad cream. Press down firmly so the crisps crunch up, then enjoy.
    No, Jamie Oliver, you can't have this.

• Options
    From bottom to top…..

Spud
    Butter
    Beans
    Cheese
    Pepper
    Chopped raw onion between 
    cheese & pepper 
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Is that strange?
    No more so than when you mentioned it on the previous page ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Almost certainly the worst take in the history of all humankind.

And I used to like you.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

And I used to like you.

How can anyone not love cheese, just look at the range…

• Options
    Our POTY dinners must be an utter freak show

Jam sandwiches and pigs in tartan blankets
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I eat porridge straight from the packet with milk and sugar, cooked porridge makes me want to heave.
    I eat it exactly like this.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    MrOneLung said:

And I used to like you.

Why are they happy, they're about to get eaten?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Scoham said:
    MrOneLung said:

And I used to like you.

Why are they happy, they're about to get eaten?
    Yeah, you'd think they'd look cheesed off