Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum closed Friday 8 April (and general tout for visitors)

2»

Comments

• TELTEL
    edited April 2016

TEL said:

Any chance the museum will be open on May 6th or 7th? Id love to have a look around.

@TEL what days of the week are they?
    @Henry Irving Cheers Ben. Is it likely to be open on the Saturday seeing as its an early kick off?

Ive just realised we are going to be in Thiepval on the Friday (6th), its going to be my only chance to get over to France before the anniversary of my Grandad's Brothers death on the Somme (16th July).

If its not open I will pop in next season when I next visit. Ive got some interesting programs, one from the late 40's and several from the early 50's if they are of interest to the Museum.
  • Tom_Hovi said:

Found this photo at the Heritage Centre (I think) a few years back - happier, more innocent times at The Valley. I'm guessing this was late 30s judging by the clothes.

You sure that's a Charlton match? Only I've never seen that many people looking happy at a Charlton match before ....
  • Off_it said:

Tom_Hovi said:

Found this photo at the Heritage Centre (I think) a few years back - happier, more innocent times at The Valley. I'm guessing this was late 30s judging by the clothes.

You sure that's a Charlton match? Only I've never seen that many people looking happy at a Charlton match before ....
    Well, it was pre-war!