Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museum closed Friday 8 April (and general tout for visitors)

Just a quick heads up that the museum will be closed this coming Friday 8 April as our volunteers are away, but will be open as usual on Friday 15 & Saturday 16 April 2016 before the Derby game.

We have had a number of high profile visitors in recent weeks including the very welcome relatives of both Jimmy Seed and Sam Bartram.

Remember there is no entrance fee, children are more than welcome and an essential visit for anyone who cares about the history of our club.

Pop in for chat about Charlton's past, look up the program of your first Addicks match, see our collection of club medals going back to the 1906/7 season or re-live that May day at Wembley. The kettle is always on.

Comments

• I really need to visit the museum at some point.

As the kettle is always on, do I get to have a cuppa with Henry Irving?
  • What are the opening times please?
  • 11am - 1pm on match day

11am - 3pm on a Friday (when open)
  • It's not compulsory to have a brew with him, though that's better than being stuck with me wittering on about the war!

The opening times (but not this Friday) are;

Museum Opening 11.00 - 15.00 (Friday) & 11.00 - 13.00 Home Matchdays

Close season it is very likely to be by appointment only but there will always be one of us able to open up if given enough notice
  • Cheers Stu, are you about for a quick call re the website?
  • On the train at the moment but will call you when I get off
  • Hi Clive - will pop down on Friday week as per our chat at half time on Saturday. I'd have been strugging anyway myself this Friday as I'm guiding! Cheers Steve
  • ok Steve, sounds like a plan, see you on the 15th
  • Tom_Hovi said:

Found this photo at the Heritage Centre (I think) a few years back - happier, more innocent times at The Valley. I'm guessing this was late 30s judging by the clothes.

Fantastic photo.
  • Sponsored links:

• And slightly more recently...
  • I've actually got the original of this photo at home but it's a bit dog-eared and I can't read the signatures.
  • How easy is it to park there when it is open on a Friday?
  • Easy enough to park in the main car park and walk around. I think Charlton Lane & Floyd Road are both residents only but I may be wrong.
  • Tom_Hovi said:

Easy enough to park in the main car park and walk around. I think Charlton Lane & Floyd Road are both residents only but I may be wrong.

Have the gates been unlocked? :wink:
  • stonemuse said:

Tom_Hovi said:

Easy enough to park in the main car park and walk around. I think Charlton Lane & Floyd Road are both residents only but I may be wrong.

Have the gates been unlocked? :wink:
    Like it! Yes, unless they're expecting an impromptu two man protest tomorrow!
  • You can park under the big badge which is next to the museum entrance.

The main car park can get busy because of Friday prayers but you shouldn't have any problem.
  • Tom_Hovi said:

And slightly more recently...

The 5-3 win against Barnsley after being 3 down. March 1985

• The main car park can get busy because of Friday prayers but you shouldn't have any problem.

Is this a serious comment ? If so how come ?

• The main car park can get busy because of Friday prayers but you shouldn't have any problem.

Is this a serious comment ? If so how come ?
    There's a mosque opposite the club shop or at least there was and the club let people park in the car park so it can get busy but there's still plenty of places.

I park by the big badge so doesn't affect me if I visit on a Friday.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    I'm surprised, I've never noticed that.

I was wondering if a further part of the ticket office was now a mosque :smile:
  • I'm surprised, I've never noticed that.

There's already a church that meets in the nth stand on Sundays
  • I'm surprised, I've never noticed that.

We're more of a radio show than a Church but I can see the similarities
  • LouisMend said:

I'm surprised, I've never noticed that.

We're more of a radio show than a Church but I can see the similarities
    More of a cult
  • Any chance the museum will be open on May 6th or 7th? Id love to have a look around.
  • TEL said:

Any chance the museum will be open on May 6th or 7th? Id love to have a look around.

@TEL what days of the week are they?
  • edited April 2016
    Friday and Saturday Ben. I only answer on TEL's behalf as I'd like to swing by at some point.
  • Thanks @Dazzler21 Should be open on the Friday and if we are at home on the Saturday then @TEL but check on @chathmuseum
  • 7th is the final game, so an early (12.30) kick off.