Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The two R's "Riga & Relegation"

2»

Comments

• I think he is the best of the options that RD/KM will appoint rather than the best man out there. I'd prefer to keep him than appoint some other no-mark though.
  • I didn't say he was the best, just the best we can expect under Roland. There is a difference. As people have said - the MK Dons game was dreadful tactically and he held off against Sheff Wednesday at nil -nil allowing them to push at us. Was good he made sub early on Saturday and we looked lively, but when goal didn't come Big Mak should have been gambled on earlier. Agree about Reza but think if Cousins is injured, Ba is what he has.
  • Roland won't sack Riga. After the furore when he tried to appoint the Serb but had to backtrack, he'll stick with Riga, which is probably better than a swop for someone else from his inner circle.
  • Riga is doing the best job he can given the players he has. Far better than any other Head Coach under RD, including CP two years ago. I know Chris is suddenly god on here, but many of you wanted him sacked then and seem to have forgotten that. No point in speculating what will happen when RD sells, as can't see it happening for years yet, sadly. I would hope JR gets a full season to see what he can do.

Give me a break. He plays Reza who is nowhere near the standard of division 2 English football over Lookman who is destined for the premier league.
    I have the feeling RD leans on the coach to play Reza for window shopping purposes ie similar in a way the chef notices the turbot is about to go off so sticks it on the shop window as 'today's special'. Either that or RD thinks there is some kind of Iranian market to be exploited.
  • Riga is doing the best job he can given the players he has. Far better than any other Head Coach under RD, including CP two years ago. I know Chris is suddenly god on here, but many of you wanted him sacked then and seem to have forgotten that. No point in speculating what will happen when RD sells, as can't see it happening for years yet, sadly. I would hope JR gets a full season to see what he can do.

Give me a break. He plays Reza who is nowhere near the standard of division 2 English football over Lookman who is destined for the premier league.
    So you don't accept the possibility that JR has been told to limit Lookie's time on the pitch for a "keep him injury free/but showcase him when the cameras/scouts are in town" balance ?

Whilst I do like our current manager & think he is his own man as much as is possible, I believe the Big Bad Belgian Rat looms large when big bucks are involved.

• Regardless of results I would like him to stay until the regime changes. We won't get anyone better qualified under these owners. If we are relegated I don't expect him to stay on either way (Spanish archer or lone walk)

Perhaps more contentiously, I would also expect to see our CEO stay until RD departs. If she went now and results, which have been better of late, continue to improve (yes - I know that's unlikely because of the way the cub is being run.. down) then I'm worried that the strength of support for the critical objective of getting the owner to sell up will be diluted to some extent.

That said, I think she has the safest job at the club should she not wish to walk, so I see her departure before RD sells as an extremely unlikely scenario.

• Riga did OK last time (with CP's squad) and has made improvements this time. Though after the disaster of Fraeye, it's hard to imagine anyone who wouldn't. He's certainly got more about him than the other coaches we've had. I strongly suspect that under Duchatelet he is just about the best we can hope for.

For all that though, I wouldn't want him hanging around too long after douchbags demise. I really hope that out next owner has rather more ambition for the club than that.
  • Well the premier league reserves anyway. Maybe we'll have been clever enough to insist he is loaned back to us for next season.
  • There cannot be many Belgian football coaches left can there?

You're joking, there's loads of shit ones available.
  • results have improved as one or two have returned from injury but JR is sticking to the fuckwitted selections and shapes of his predecessors - Lookman on the left and Calamity Harriet thru the middle is just the latest example. JR is a network man, whatever Roly is actually up to, JR is in it right up to his shit-eating grin. He can fuck off as soon as he likes and if that's with the rest of the belgian barnpot's sick pantomime, all the better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland won't sack Riga. After the furore when he tried to appoint the Serb but had to backtrack, he'll stick with Riga, which is probably better than a swop for someone else from his inner circle.

Nothing would surprise you where Roland was concerned, particularly seeing as he didn't want to appoint him in the first place.

• results have improved as one or two have returned from injury but JR is sticking to the fuckwitted selections and shapes of his predecessors - Lookman on the left and Calamity Harriet thru the middle is just the latest example. JR is a network man, whatever Roly is actually up to, JR is in it right up to his shit-eating grin. He can fuck off as soon as he likes and if that's with the rest of the belgian barnpot's sick pantomime, all the better.

Agree with this but then the collection of footballers that all the coaches have used this season are just that, 'a collection' deposited at the Valley with no regard to team building. Often selection and shape has been dictated by who was reasonably fit (at least for part of a game) and not too out of form and even too out of favour! That's putting aside who Roland wants to play!!!!
  • I quite like Riga and would like to see him working in a normal club environment, one that isn't run by incompetent lunatics.

Unlikely to happen and I genuinely fear for what RD has planned should we go down. Essentially I see the starting XI being mainly youth players plus Jackson.

I think the summer will be RD's perfect chance to lash out at the protesters and invest fuck all in the squad, Riga being told youth is the way forward. Then it will become tricky because you're gonna have all these youngsters not ready/good enough playing in a toxic emvironment because we the fans want RD out.
  • cabbles said:

I quite like Riga and would like to see him working in a normal club environment, one that isn't run by incompetent lunatics.

Unlikely to happen and I genuinely fear for what RD has planned should we go down. Essentially I see the starting XI being mainly youth players plus Jackson.

I think the summer will be RD's perfect chance to lash out at the protesters and invest fuck all in the squad, Riga being told youth is the way forward. Then it will become tricky because you're gonna have all these youngsters not ready/good enough playing in a toxic emvironment because we the fans want RD out.

Should you not have a word with Daisy and see if she can take your concerns up with Roland? Seems to me you've got her ear and I reckon you might be able to get her onside to stop the carnage you foresee.
  • I suspect RD will sack Riga is we go down! We know he isn't his first choice from previous experience, which buys him some credit with me.
  • Chris O'Laughlin just stopped as T1 of St-Truiden ...
  • Riga is pretty decent imo, at least not a clown like karol (or Holloway). The point is who will be prepared to take on our head coach job in Div 1 for a Div 2 salary as Roland is only interested in keeping the costs down?
    I wonder what Warnock is costing Rotherham but he is worth it to them. I bet Clough costs a fair bit for the Blades but he is not doing the biz.
    If Duchatelet were to sell up then Powell would be a fair fit as he knows what it takes to get a promotion from Div 1 and we would have a love in once again. I dream on...

Clough isnt doing the Business for the Blades because Nigel Atkins is their Manager ;) - Clough is back at Burton now
    They have a new manager now, Nigel Adkins.
  • Oakster said:

If & when the regime goes, Riga will go - they are one & the same.

Riga is like squirrel face, Cahones(or however you spell the bloody name) and Ms Brown Nose Myers, all clinging on to a job before they get outed when Duchatelet f**** off.

I still reckon we'll have a new manager in division three come the opening day of the season.

It just would not be the same to have the same manager for more than six months.
  • People seem to forget that ultimately Riga is a puppet, he has to be work under this prick. He will always do as he is told. Also, this may sound stupid but I don't believe Lookman is not playing because Duchatelet told him not to. Riga is just a shit puppet. It makes no sense, players could get injured at any time, should Lookman be pulled out of training and all u21/u18 games? Wouldn't he have an equal chance of getting injured?

If Duchatelet is telling him not to play then why bother putting him on the bench at all and why not take Gudmundsson and some others out of the firing line too? Arguably Gudmundsson getting injured and being unable to play in the EUROs would be far worse for Duchatelet financially than Lookman getting injured. Surely the EUROs is a bigger shop window than a championship game on tv?

Fraeye, Riga, Luzon, they are all the same to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not sure I can respect anyone who accepts employment from Roly more than once.