Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The two R's "Riga & Relegation"

I know that Riga supposedly signed a 2 year contract but how many of you would like to see the back of him when we are relegated?

Personally I think he has a thankless task and is doing alright in the circumstances.

How many points have we picked up since he took over actually?

Comments

• That depends on who the replacement is, doesn't it. Karel Fraeye or Chris Powell?
  • To be fair Riga is the first manager we have had in a while with experience of managing a Championship club.
  • Uboat said:

That depends on who the replacement is, doesn't it. Karel Fraeye or Chris Powell?

For arguments sake let's say the replacement is someone like Phil Parkinson.
  • I reckon he will walk soon anyway
  • No, for arguments sake let's say Wim de Corte.
  • As far as I am concerned he's not the right man for the job. The worry is that if he goes, Roland might scour the Belgian fourth division just to spite us.
  • I would like him to stay on.
  • There cannot be many Belgian football coaches left can there? Even if he recycles every one three times I reckon we will be out of the woods by say, 2078!
  • Sponsored links:

• Owing to the fact that RD only employs people he knows, I'd rather him stay on. Better the devil you know I guess. Hopefully Roly will piss off in the summer and it wont be an issue anyway (wishful thinking, I know).
  • He's the best we'll ever get all the time RD owns us. When there's a change of ownership we need someone else.
  • Surely this should be entitled " The two R's " Roland & Relegation" ?
  • To be fair both times he has come in he has had to fight fires. He needs a full season with his choice of players.
  • Roland = relegation

It's as simple as 1+1
  • Riga is pretty decent imo, at least not a clown like karol (or Holloway). The point is who will be prepared to take on our head coach job in Div 1 for a Div 2 salary as Roland is only interested in keeping the costs down?
    I wonder what Warnock is costing Rotherham but he is worth it to them. I bet Clough costs a fair bit for the Blades but he is not doing the biz.
    If Duchatelet were to sell up then Powell would be a fair fit as he knows what it takes to get a promotion from Div 1 and we would have a love in once again. I dream on...
  • I'm not buying into the Riga hype. We have a decent side that badly underperformed under Carol Fry but is now returning to their ability.

I'm sure any half decent British manager would have achieved the same. We need to scrap the dreadful scouting system and hire a Brit with contacts, buy the best talent in league one and try and get promoted again next year.

Agree with your final paragraph but it's just wishful thinking I'm afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

That depends on who the replacement is, doesn't it. Karel Fraeye or Chris Powell?

A proven League One manager who won promotion with Colchester, went very close with us (a goalscorer like BWP would have made the difference) and took League Two Bradford to the League Cup final?

Got to be better than anyone RD will come up with.
  • Riga is doing the best job he can given the players he has. Far better than any other Head Coach under RD, including CP two years ago. I know Chris is suddenly god on here, but many of you wanted him sacked then and seem to have forgotten that. No point in speculating what will happen when RD sells, as can't see it happening for years yet, sadly. I would hope JR gets a full season to see what he can do.
  • I would like him to stay
  • I think people forget about the fact we were performing abysmally when Karel arrived, having started brightly. Things then got even worse , although the home win against SWFC was quite something. Riga has performed admirably in the circumstances. Our chances of survival are extremely thin as the others above us are picking up points, notably Rotherham. Remember our 4-1 win at their place? What a transformation since then for the Millers!
    In the circumstances Riga has done a good job. If he were given a whole season who knows what he could do. I like the guy as well. He understands the bizarre way Roly operates and tries to do his best for CAFC.
  • Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Parky is John The Baptist, preparing the way for the Messiah.
    Unfortunately we'll just get a naughty boy.
  • Karel was complete rubbish, but the squad was exposed through injuries and the players brought in were not what we needed. We now have better players like Fanni and Teix and players returning. Had we addressed a situation that was obvious at the time in the right way, we wouldn’t be where we are. That is a big reason why I am protesting! I don’t think Riga is the best manager we could get, but he is the best we will get under this owner and he does know what he is doing.
  • After the MK Dons (must win ?)game which it looked like we were playing for a draw, i turned against Riga, despite having always given him 100% support before. He must know he screwed up because the 8 minutes became 45 minutes against Birmingham and Lookman made the difference with the extra forward giving us so many chances in the second half.

The difference this time around under Riga is we have won the wrong games ? better to have beaten Fulham, Mk Dons and Bristol City,
    Than Middlesborough, Birmingham and Brentford.

We were flat against the 3 teams around us, and that will be just one of the "death by a 1000 cuts" reasons we are going down.
  • Karel was complete rubbish, but the squad was exposed through injuries and the players brought in were not what we needed. We now have better players like Fanni and Teix and players returning. Had we addressed a situation that was obvious at the time in the right way, we wouldn’t be where we are. That is a big reason why I am protesting! I don’t think Riga is the best manager we could get, but he is the best we will get under this owner and he does know what he is doing.

He certainly does know what he is doing regarding Sarr - a non-playing sub in Riga's first 2 games, then no-where near the first team since.

If only he could see the light with Ba and Reza.
  • Riga is doing the best job he can given the players he has. Far better than any other Head Coach under RD, including CP two years ago. I know Chris is suddenly god on here, but many of you wanted him sacked then and seem to have forgotten that. No point in speculating what will happen when RD sells, as can't see it happening for years yet, sadly. I would hope JR gets a full season to see what he can do.

Give me a break. He plays Reza who is nowhere near the standard of division 2 English football over Lookman who is destined for the premier league.