Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What u reckon ?

2»

Comments

• The Fraeye debacle was so similar to the Les Reed debacle. And it will have the same result.

Glad to know ten years on you've learned from your mistakes, Murray.

(Not that he calls the shots, but the Curbishley quote from him was priceless)
  • Its worth a few quid in us to stay up
  • Big ask.
  • Fraeye's 14 games in charge killed the season.
  • Wer have just enough chance to raise our hopes to that they can be dashed in the most painful way.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Fraeye's 14 games in charge killed the season.

Yep, there is a lot wrong at Charlton but appointing that chimp was the nailgun for our coffin.
  • I think that was Godfrey !

Stupid Boy!,
  • Matttees said:

We are clinging on by our finger tips.
    Let's go down fighting.
    COYR
    The regime should get behind the team and the fans continuing free coach travel, getting the Swedish tenor back on the pitch and the Scottish piper with Mull of Kintyre. All stewards should wear the Pinocchio mask and throw stress balls to the fans. Sofas all round the pitch. Let's go for it and march hand in hand to league one.
    We will never give up the fight.
    Daydreaming again!
    I was at the 7-6 and the playoff final in 98.
    Miracles do happen.
    Sorry for my ramblings!

I admire your optimism but yesterday's win was like giving a placebo to a terminally ill patient

• Sponsored links:

• Nope. Going down now because 1) Karel was left in charge far too long and 2) Neil Warnock is a bloody good Championship manager
  • rikofold said:

Let's not fool ourselves. Boro were in disarray and Brum have been on a dreadful run. We are where we are primarily because the squad isn't good enough, even if the first choice XI can hold their own. Fraeye hardly helped, but neither did Luzon and although results have picked up a little under Riga the same vulnerabilities are still there - what did we follow the Boro win up with again?

We are playing League One next season because those running the club first failed to build a squad good enough for Championship football and then failed to employ a manager who could get the best from the players we had.

Or put more simply, we're going down because the owner doesn't care about results. If the owner was interested in the football Warnock would be reviving our fortunes, not those of Rotherham United. This relegation was entirely unnecessary.

Good post. Who knows what would have happened if Riga hadn't been dumped before?
  • Matttees said:

We are clinging on by our finger tips.
    Let's go down fighting.
    COYR
    The regime should get behind the team and the fans continuing free coach travel, getting the Swedish tenor back on the pitch and the Scottish piper with Mull of Kintyre. All stewards should wear the Pinocchio mask and throw stress balls to the fans. Sofas all round the pitch. Let's go for it and march hand in hand to league one.
    We will never give up the fight.
    Daydreaming again!
    I was at the 7-6 and the playoff final in 98.
    Miracles do happen.
    Sorry for my ramblings!

Not sure about the Swedish tenor but bring back the young lady!
  • Don't we seem to do better against better sides?? Burnley home tuff maybe draw Brighton at home winnable, Ipswich away a chance, hopefully a win, QPR away winnable Derby home winnable, Bolton away hmm we will probably mess it up, Leeds away draw! so that's 14 points and safety
  • 14/15 season 42 pts would have kept us up
    13/14 season 45 pts would have been needed

Both of those are very much achievable, alas in 2012/13 we would have needed 55 pts and that means winning our remaining 7 games !!!

What do U reckon?
  • The target looks likely to be 49 or 50 points, which means we need another 14 or 15.
  • A mininum of 3 wins from 7, though more than likely 5 will be required
  • I think we are doomed and heading back to League 1. However I cling to the hope that 1 year ago today Leicester were 7 points adrift of safety, bottom of the Prem and staring relegation in the face. They then went on an amazing run and won 7 of 9 remaining games, can we do the same? As someone else has said its the hope that kills. Tomorrow night at Ipswich may either swell the hope or finally kill it.
    Thanks very much to loons in charge of the asylum, whose business plan I have been trying to understand but cant see it in any way being viable. Loss of TV revenue, loss of attendances, loss of our young good players and the likes of Hendo, JBG, Diarra all of whom would want to move on, just to make ends meet.
    End of the season cant come quick enough for me.
  • Halix said:

In the words of Private Frazer in Dads Army.......................My sister Dolly makes an excellent macaroon........

Godfrey?
  • Rokudan said:

Nope. Going down now because 1) Karel was left in charge far too long and 2) Neil Warnock is a bloody good Championship manager

I'd say Warnock is more of a good firefighter than a manager but I take your point. Many on here said we should go for him and if we had, Rotherham wouldn't have found someone else to spark the run of form they've had so we'd be in a better position.
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

Don't we seem to do better against better sides?? Burnley home tuff maybe draw Brighton at home winnable, Ipswich away a chance, hopefully a win, QPR away winnable Derby home winnable, Bolton away hmm we will probably mess it up, Leeds away draw! so that's 14 points and safety

More likely, Derby home draw, Bolton away win, all the rest lost except perhaps a draw or two. Six points max from the next seven game. God, I hope I'm wrong.
  • According to me We are staying up! I found it hard to not wear my Red Coloured glasses.

thefishy.co.uk/calculator2.php

Keep the faith!

Got us in the same position with 42 points. 7 points from Fulham and safety.